[Q] [DX & TV] MHI (HDMI) Cable for HTC Desire X

Search This thread

Bradypodion

Jul 26, 2013
Casablanca
Hello everyone,

I have a rooted HTC Desire X, my rom is mySENSEdx+ RC2.0. I was wondering if the an MHL cable of Samsung S3 would work for me to link my phone to an LCD TV. I would like to know that because I don't want to take any risk buying that expensive cable.

Endless thanks in advance.

MihaiA7X

Jan 10, 2013
Hello everyone,

I have a rooted HTC Desire X, my rom is mySENSEdx+ RC2.0. I was wondering if the an MHL cable of Samsung S3 would work for me to link my phone to an LCD TV. I would like to know that because I don't want to take any risk buying that expensive cable.

probably not we have OTG support YES but our dual core CPU is not even capable of running a 720p video so I have my doubts about the MHL cable

Reactions: Bradypodion

Bradypodion

Jul 26, 2013
Casablanca
probably not we have OTG support YES but our dual core CPU is not even capable of running a 720p video so I have my doubts about the MHL cable

First of all, thank you so much for your reply.

My brother has an LG Optimus 3D, it has a lower capacity than HTC DX's (Same CPU; RAM 250). He does link his phone to the LCD. Yet, I don't probably know more than you. I did not want to take any risk, the cable is a bit expensive for me; I cannot afford to buy it. ^^' ..but anyway, thank you so much. If I ever make sure I will inform you.

Tresox

Aug 7, 2013
I have bought a MHL adapter from Deal Extreme but it doesnt work.
So I asked HTC if the dx supported mhl and they said it does but only if you
buy their mhl adapter.

Bradypodion

Jul 26, 2013
Casablanca
I have bought a MHL adapter from Deal Extreme but it doesnt work.
So I asked HTC if the dx supported mhl and they said it does but only if you
buy their mhl adapter.

I see.. =l

By the way, another question came to my mind: Is there a difference between an adabter and a simple cable? One that I can mention is that adapters carry the name of the company like Samsung, whereas cables don't.

Tresox

Aug 7, 2013
I see.. =l

By the way, another question came to my mind: Is there a difference between an adabter and a simple cable? One that I can mention is that adapters carry the name of the company like Samsung, whereas cables don't.
The Desire X doesnt have HDMI out so this is the only solution.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone