[Q] Eclipse ROM 1.2 Looking for previous stock camera

Search This thread

SicMe

Mar 15, 2009
NJ
The recent camera is unatractive and doesn't even have an option to make your pictures widescreen. I've tried all settings. Also, I need the shutter noise fx off etc. Just needing advice on how to completely delete/remove the camera off of 1.2 away and get back to the stock camera. Much obvliged guys, thanks. This rom is running flawless on my X2 btw! +1

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

EvilTim

Jul 29, 2011
You will not get blur camera to work. He has modified the system too much and blur camera is dependent on alot of framework. Next eclipse release is going to have the bionic camera.

Reactions: SicMe

prehistorical

Mar 11, 2011
Yes blur camera WILL work.
Ho grab the one from the second.post in moto Ginger funk rom. U will need to go into the zip and push the apk to system/app. I don't think flashing it over eclipse will work.

U just won't be able to get to the aosp gallery from the preview picture button inside the camera app.

Thanks, asch and RyanThaDude!

Last time I tried to push the blur camera into eclipse, I got the same results as EvilTim and nothing worked. Countess adbs and chmods later all I got was nothin' or FCs....

So, I took the blur camera from LibertyX2-RC1.zip, dropped it into one of the numerous flash-a-theme zip via BSR files floating around, and it worked! No more adb pushing, su'ing, deleting. copying, etc. File attached.

Attachments

• blurcamera2ecl12.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 24

Last time I tried to push the blur camera into eclipse, I got the same results as EvilTim and nothing worked. Countess adbs and chmods later all I got was nothin' or FCs....

So, I took the blur camera from LibertyX2-RC1.zip, dropped it into one of the numerous flash-a-theme zip via BSR files floating around, and it worked! No more adb pushing, su'ing, deleting. copying, etc. File attached.

I had the FC problems only when I tried to use the blur_camera.apk I saved/copied from stock rooted. I believe the problems came from the apk NOT being deodexed and I didn't bring the .odex file also.
Sounds like the same issue I had until pulling the deodexed one from the motogingerfunk add-on

And u could have prolly just pushed the apk to system/app change permissions to rw-r--r-- and reboot. ;)

Last edited:

prehistorical

Mar 11, 2011
I had the FC problems only when I tried to use the blur_camera.apk I saved/copied from stock rooted. I believe the problems came from the apk NOT being deodexed and I didn't bring the .odex file also.
Sounds like the same issue I had until pulling the deodexed one from the motogingerfunk add-on

And u could have prolly just pushed the apk to system/app change permissions to rw-r--r-- and reboot. ;)

Yes, you are right... did the push & chmod dance too many times in previous versions of eclipse and blur camera I had to try something new. :D

Mr_GreenJeans

Jul 17, 2011
pulled these APKs from liberty-31. they are the Blur camera and hacked preview gallery. This will give you the stock camera w/ ability to preview pics, but still keep one gallery,the 3d AOSP one, on your app tray. just unzip, copy to your /system/app/ folder and correct permissions. simple as that, and you get the best of both worlds.
attached in another topic, but here's the download link http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=773819&d=1320596773

SicMe

Mar 15, 2009
NJ

Thanks for the zip, but gallery won't open with it from the camera... So I want to get rid of it and just use the Eclipse one. Now I have two, how do I remove a flashed zip? I can't simply uninstall it...

Reason for wanting a seam lined camera that boots quick is because I'm ALWAYS taking pictures and even have it load up from widgetlocker and need it to boot fast like the stock one (bought camera360 and vignette, amazing but too slow booting and takes forever to process the image). Thanks guys.

prehistorical

Mar 11, 2011
Thanks for the zip, but gallery won't open with it from the camera... So I want to get rid of it and just use the Eclipse one. Now I have two, how do I remove a flashed zip? I can't simply uninstall it...

Reason for wanting a seam lined camera that boots quick is because I'm ALWAYS taking pictures and even have it load up from widgetlocker and need it to boot fast like the stock one (bought camera360 and vignette, amazing but too slow booting and takes forever to process the image). Thanks guys.

I have both an having the blur camera alongside doesn't hurt AFAIK. I dragged both icons (eclipse camera and blur camera) to my homescreen but eventually deleted the eclipse icon and kept the blur camera icon. But if you really want to delete the blur apk from your system/app then you can use root explorer, or adb shell and mount -o remount rw /system then just delete blurcamera.apk manually.

[I must be one of the few who use QuickPic instead of Gallery.]

Or maybe the next version Bionic camera will be so awesome, no need to push blurcamera. :)

Reactions: SicMe

What I would like to know is how fast u mean when u say it opens quick. My stock camera takes up to 5seconds or more. Feels like forever lol.

Or do u mean eclipse stock?

SicMe

Mar 15, 2009
NJ
What I would like to know is how fast u mean when u say it opens quick. My stock camera takes up to 5seconds or more. Feels like forever lol.

Or do u mean eclipse stock?

For example if I witness something and need a picture FAST, I would launch my camera from my lock screen and it would be ready almost instantly. 5 seconds seems too slow, your ram free enough?

This isn't a problem in any eclipse rom, I just liked the eclipse cam "interface" on 1.1 better and it allowed me to adjust to widescreen pictures...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You will not get blur camera to work. He has modified the system too much and blur camera is dependent on alot of framework. Next eclipse release is going to have the bionic camera.

I have both an having the blur camera alongside doesn't hurt AFAIK. I dragged both icons (eclipse camera and blur camera) to my homescreen but eventually deleted the eclipse icon and kept the blur camera icon. But if you really want to delete the blur apk from your system/app then you can use root explorer, or adb shell and mount -o remount rw /system then just delete blurcamera.apk manually.

[I must be one of the few who use QuickPic instead of Gallery.]

Or maybe the next version Bionic camera will be so awesome, no need to push blurcamera. :)