[Q] █ ELEGANCIA™ Rom Series █Sense 3.6|v3.7.6| problems.

Search This thread

doc309

Feb 17, 2012
Hello Elegancia dev team.

First and foremost, I want to say thanks for a very nice ROM.

After the last 3 or 4 updates a problem has occured. The phone has begun to turn off spontaneously. It is worst when there are approximately 50% power left. It lies on the table and turns off by itself. It also happens, when it is in my pocket. It takes me about 3 attempts to turn it on again. Sometimes I have to take out the battery and when I insert it again, the phone turns on rather quickly and problem has been solved for a couple of days. After 2 days I am back to square one.

I have tried both kernels ie 1.2 and 1.6 HTZ and it is the same problem.

I hope it is something that can be solved.
It's Sense 3.6, which has the problem.

Sorry it is not written in the right thread, but the dev. thread is locked for me.

Does anyone know what to do?

Regards Morten
htc Sensation

Freshi87

After the last 3 or 4 updates a problem has occured. The phone has begun to turn off spontaneously. It is worst when there are approximately 50% power left. It lies on the table and turns off by itself. It also happens, when it is in my pocket. It takes me about 3 attempts to turn it on again. Sometimes I have to take out the battery and when I insert it again, the phone turns on rather quickly and problem has been solved for a couple of days. After 2 days I am back to square one.

Sorry it is not written in the right thread, but the dev. thread is locked for me.

Regards Morten
htc Sensation

Tried only bricked kernel? Maybe you should try faux or sebastianFM. They're working both great

gesendet von meinem Htc Sensation Elegancia Phoenix 3.7.6 Anthrax Kernel

Lucky Thirteen

Jul 15, 2010
Montréal
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi Doc!

Did you update just by flashing the newest version over the last each and everytime?

If yes you should try to Superwipe your phone and start fresh without any added applications then those included with the ROM. Superwipe, install and let 10-15 mins for your phone to settle before rebooting and then start configuring your phone.

Do the basics first your email account, not more and let see if your phone will replicate this issue.

You can flash this Superwipe just before flashing a fresh version of Elegancia 3.7.6 Don't forget to verify the MD5 : 6a88266c3c6cb664d305a4e101c566ae

I will try to follow you in the resolution of your problem.

doc309

Feb 17, 2012
Hi Doc!

Did you update just by flashing the newest version over the last each and everytime?

If yes you should try to Superwipe your phone and start fresh without any added applications then those included with the ROM. Superwipe, install and let 10-15 mins for your phone to settle before rebooting and then start configuring your phone.

Do the basics first your email account, not more and let see if your phone will replicate this issue.

Don't forget to verify the MD5 : 6a88266c3c6cb664d305a4e101c566ae

I will try to follow you in the resolution of your problem.

hi Lucky Thirteen

I have superwiped a couple of times, it remains the same.
I have followed the instructions everytime when flashing a new update. When the phone is updated I let it settle for 10-15 min before rebooting

I'm not sure how or where to check the DM5 no. Can you please tell my how and where?

Regards Morten

Lucky Thirteen

Jul 15, 2010
Montréal
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Hi Doc!

Yes you need 10 messages before being able to post in the dev thread. :)

Which kernel did you tried with your ROM? Bricked? Faux123? SebastianFM? Did you try a stock ROM just to see if the problem is still the same? Have you done a data restoration with Titanium Backup? Or Nandroid? Did you try to install a previous ROM that you know your phone was running great with? Is your phone excessively hot? Or the battery?

What is a MD5 checksum?

A checksum MD5 is not aimed at guaranteeing the provenance of a file or a group of files. His interest is to allow the check on the integrity of recovered data.In fact, no one is sheltered by a disturbance or by a network problem have the effect the corruption of an archive in the course of downloading.

When you download a file generally the emitter give to users a MD5 hash like the one in my previous post. Now, to check the MD5 checksum you need a small program like this one . It's real easy and takes generally less than a minute to do, you paste the MD5 provided with the file you just downloaded in the appropriate box, then you Browse to the file you want to check, if the result is a perfect match, your file is not corrupted and good to use. It is valuable habit to take, it can save you to bricked your phone with a corrupted file.

:)

dublinz

Mar 17, 2011
Dublin
Use this stock rom (rooted) to bring your phone back to life ....Than you can flash any other custom rom :)

Stock rom HERE
You do know how to flash pg58img ?
EDIT
On second thought, you should also format your SD....

so mate
1.Backup your documents...pic ...music.... on your pc
2.Go to recovery and FORMAT SD
3.Toggle USB...and transfer pg58img on sd
4.Open power menu----> reboot in bootloader
5.Follow the instruction on (phone) screen

Last edited:

SeriouslyCrazy

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 24, 2008
Seattle, Wa
If this is still happening after doing the great advice already given to you then you might have a corrupt file on your sd card so if you have another sd card insert it and try to do a clean flash and start from scratch. Do not restore your data (apps and system data) as you may have files that are causing these issues on your device.

When you load your apps back on only put back the apps you have to have on the device and run it for a while and see if the problem goes away, continue this until you have all the apps back on the device.

If you have flashed other ROMs and it is still happening and flashed other kernels but your device is still having these issues the next step is to clear your sd card and start with a completely clean device. If this doesn't fix the problem then you may have a problem with hardware possible the power button.

If you are going to clean (format) your sd card make sure to back-up your pics and vids then after you are done transfer the ROM you are going to flash back onto the sd card and flash away. Problems like these usually can be solved they just take time and energy.

If you need to flash the firmware like dublinz said then after it has flashed and it asked you to reboot take the sd card out put into your laptop and erase the " pg58img " then put the sd card back in and then reboot. If you forget to delete the " pg58img " then the device goes into a boot loop.

Good luck

drew

Last edited:

MIGhunter

May 15, 2012
Bloomington
OP, after I flashed from 4.2 to 4.3 I was having the same issue. After a few charges it stopped doing it. I'm not sure if this will be the case for you but just thought you should know.

Reactions: dublinz

maestrale942

Jul 2, 2011

Regards Morten
htc Sensation

Had exactly the same issue ..... tried all possible solutions unsuccesfully. at the end i was forced to chenge rom (ordroid) and now everything is ok

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use this stock rom (rooted) to bring your phone back to life ....Than you can flash any other custom rom :)

Stock rom HERE
    You do know how to flash pg58img ?
    EDIT
    On second thought, you should also format your SD....

so mate
    1.Backup your documents...pic ...music.... on your pc
    2.Go to recovery and FORMAT SD
    3.Toggle USB...and transfer pg58img on sd
    4.Open power menu----> reboot in bootloader
    5.Follow the instruction on (phone) screen
    If this is still happening after doing the great advice already given to you then you might have a corrupt file on your sd card so if you have another sd card insert it and try to do a clean flash and start from scratch. Do not restore your data (apps and system data) as you may have files that are causing these issues on your device.

When you load your apps back on only put back the apps you have to have on the device and run it for a while and see if the problem goes away, continue this until you have all the apps back on the device.

If you have flashed other ROMs and it is still happening and flashed other kernels but your device is still having these issues the next step is to clear your sd card and start with a completely clean device. If this doesn't fix the problem then you may have a problem with hardware possible the power button.

If you are going to clean (format) your sd card make sure to back-up your pics and vids then after you are done transfer the ROM you are going to flash back onto the sd card and flash away. Problems like these usually can be solved they just take time and energy.

If you need to flash the firmware like dublinz said then after it has flashed and it asked you to reboot take the sd card out put into your laptop and erase the " pg58img " then put the sd card back in and then reboot. If you forget to delete the " pg58img " then the device goes into a boot loop.

Good luck

drew
    OP, after I flashed from 4.2 to 4.3 I was having the same issue. After a few charges it stopped doing it. I'm not sure if this will be the case for you but just thought you should know.