[Q] Emmc Brick Bug CM 9 Final Stable question

Search This thread

Jendur

Feb 21, 2013
Hi to all , i'm new on the forum and I have open this thread looking for some help.

I have a Galaxy S 2 GT-i9100 with CM9 Final Stable (Android version 4.0.4) , and I have the kernel 3.0.32-CM-ge9cef6c blinky-ghost@cyanogenmod#1 the problem is I have a eMMC chip 0x19 so my chip is vulnerable.

I want to update / flash CM10 and i don't know if the blinky-ghost is a safe kernel or if have the problem of the eMMC brick bug. I searched info on Google but I couldn't obtain one plain answer about this problem with this kernel.

I think that this CM9 kernel is safe but I want to be sure before flashing and obtain a bricked phone.

Thank you all, and sorry if the answer is already in the forum but I couldn't find it. By the way, I'm Spanish so sorry if I couldn't explain it in a correct way.

Jendur

Feb 21, 2013
If you had bothered to read any of the emmc/brick bug threads you would have your answer.

Thank you for you very usefull answer. I have already read about the eMMC brick bug, I'm just writing because I want to be sure.

I know the bug only happend if the kernel is based on stock kernel(and with CWM) but for example I'm not sure if blinky ghost is stock based.

Spiralzz

Aug 22, 2011
Boston
The CM kernel is safe.

The name blinky (inky and pinky too I think, or I might be exaggerating a bit) are the bots that compile the CM kernel, or atleast that's how I've understood.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Thank you for you very usefull answer. I have already read about the eMMC brick bug, I'm just writing because I want to be sure.

Then why not reply to one of the many emmc bug threads we already have for clarification instead of creating yet another topic just to repeat same answers that have already been given in other topics (Which you would have read if you had searched properley).