[Q] EntriesRefresh_Wakelock

biggaboss

May 25, 2012
Hi everyone, it is the first time I post to this forum and any help will be appreciated.

As you can imagine I am having problems with battery drains and wakelocks on my Samsung Galaxy S4 on T-Mobile. The phone is Rooted. The battery drain started on October 3rd or 4th. Before that everything was working correctly (as far as I know). The battery drain all pointed to Google Services. (At first it was Google Play Services, but now it is just plain Google Services) Up to 35% or more of my battery plus making my phone really hot. Research said it has to do with the location services and google now.

To avoid that battery drain I followed a lot of tips and the only one that kind of helped (if I want to keep google now active or my GPS running) has been: Disabling the network and wireless location option. And removing from my places any one I had saved associated to a specific network or wifi. This reduced and almos eliminated my NLP and NLPCollector wakelocks. But now I have an EntriesRefresh_Wakelock that is keeping my phone awake about 30% of the time (Wakelock Detector). Although this is not consuming as much of my battery as before, this is clearly not the way it should work.

Can anybody explain a bit more what is this EntriesRefresh_Wakelock and how it can be eliminated? I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

fierah

Jun 28, 2013
Hi everyone, it is the first time I post to this forum and any help will be appreciated.

As you can imagine I am having problems with battery drains and wakelocks on my Samsung Galaxy S4 on T-Mobile. The phone is Rooted. The battery drain started on October 3rd or 4th. Before that everything was working correctly (as far as I know). The battery drain all pointed to Google Services. (At first it was Google Play Services, but now it is just plain Google Services) Up to 35% or more of my battery plus making my phone really hot. Research said it has to do with the location services and google now.

To avoid that battery drain I followed a lot of tips and the only one that kind of helped (if I want to keep google now active or my GPS running) has been: Disabling the network and wireless location option. And removing from my places any one I had saved associated to a specific network or wifi. This reduced and almos eliminated my NLP and NLPCollector wakelocks. But now I have an EntriesRefresh_Wakelock that is keeping my phone awake about 30% of the time (Wakelock Detector). Although this is not consuming as much of my battery as before, this is clearly not the way it should work.

Can anybody explain a bit more what is this EntriesRefresh_Wakelock and how it can be eliminated? I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

The EntriesRefresh_Wakelock is a google search/now wakelock. You can temporarily fix it by force closing Google now after you use it, and also by stopping auto sync, if you really don't need Google Now to be updated often. Other than that im trying to come up with a real solution myself.

Last edited: