• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Exhibit 4g Invalid Recovery

Search This thread

TecknoFreak

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 20, 2011
Deltona
I tried this rom today on my exhibit 4g SGH-T759 and flashed with odin and it passed but the phone is now trapped in recovery mode with the message below.

E:failed to mount /data (Invalid argument)

# MANUAL MODE #

--Appling Multi-CSC...
Installing Multi-CSC
Can't access to'/system/csc/TMB/system/'.
Successfully applied Multi-cs.
E:failed to mount /cache (Invalid argument)
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/recovery_kernel_log
E:Copy_kernel_file :: Can't open /cache/recovery/recovery_kernel_log
E:Can't to mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

would any one know if this is repairable as I've looked all over the net today without finding any real info.
Help Please

hechoen

May 7, 2011
I tried this rom today on my exhibit 4g SGH-T759 and flashed with odin and it passed but

Really?!?! Can't you read, come on man! You can't miss it! This is the Samsung Galaxy S 4G (T959V). The phone your using is the Exhibit 4G, they have their own forums.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2026

This ought to be good...

Read one of the stickied posts that says that this is the SGH-t959v

LOL. Lot's of help there. Am I the only one who is curious to which ROM the OP flashed? Odin has it's own fail-safes to keep the wrong thing ROM getting to the wrong phone. So let's start there before we flame.

OP you're in the wrong forum for sure. Still would like to know what ROM you flashed though.

Reactions: TecknoFreak

TecknoFreak

Feb 20, 2011
Deltona
Really?!?! Can't you read, come on man! You can't miss it! This is the Samsung Galaxy S 4G (T959V). The phone your using is the Exhibit 4G, they have their own forums.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2026

Read one of the stickied posts that says that this is the SGH-t959v

This ought to be good...

Sent from my SGH-T959V

To all of you great helpers, all I can say is that I made my own thread because I didnt want to hijack an existing one which by luck is located it here in this same freaking forum and on TOP of it is the Most VIEWED and REPLIED thread in here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1138524

If i did wrong then my bad, but then again this should be corrected it LONG time ago when that thread was made.. Do you agree?

and NO, the Exhibit 4G doesnt have a forum for its own. His step brother device does though which is the Exhibit II 4G.

hechoen bro thanks a lot ott to say the least.
The rom I installed is the only ROM available for this device. http://androidarea51.com/(rom)(arearomx)samsung-exhibit-4g/(rom)-arearomx-v1-0/
Once I ODIN the ROM it reboot straight to that error at stock recovery. Now my phone is pretty much death because I hae tried everything and nothing have fix my only phone I have currently. :(

hechoen

May 7, 2011
SVLAN

You might be **** out of luck here. I just looked up the sgh-t759 on sammobile.com and they don't have a stock tar listed for it. My best advice would be to call your carrier and Samsung and beg them to give you the stock .tar Good luck man

Edit:

Can you do anything while in recovery? IF you can wipe cache and factory reset. Also open up the tar with winzip and see what exactly is in there. If there is a zimage or boot.img you should be able top use heimdall to flash just the kernel.

Last edited:

mchlbenner

Jul 1, 2008
Go to android area51 then go forms go to samsung then go exhibit 4g they have custom rom just flash it.
You need to registor first.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using xda premium

TecknoFreak

Feb 20, 2011
Deltona
SVLAN

You might be **** out of luck here. I just looked up the sgh-t759 on sammobile.com and they don't have a stock tar listed for it. My best advice would be to call your carrier and Samsung and beg them to give you the stock .tar Good luck man

Edit:

Can you do anything while in recovery? IF you can wipe cache and factory reset. Also open up the tar with winzip and see what exactly is in there. If there is a zimage or boot.img you should be able top use heimdall to flash just the kernel.
Nah bro :( I tried that many times but it just doesnt do anything after that. It wont wipe data or the cache. All I see after I turn the phone on is the Boot logo and then immediately will go to stock recovery with that error. As for the rom all is there is the factoryfs.rfs, modem.bin and the kernel file zimage

Go to android area51 then go forms go to samsung then go exhibit 4g they have custom rom just flash it.
You need to registor first.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using xda premium
That is the same rom that damage my phone. The thing is after reading few more threads I noticed that Im not the only one :eek:

hechoen

May 7, 2011
SVLAN

Just saw your post in the exhibit thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35961759&postcount=1244

You need to send that dude a PM and hope he still has the correct zimage. As far as where those commands go he was using heimdall front end. Just google it and you'll have it set up in no time. You could also try flashing the zimage from that file you DL'd but I'd try to get the original if you can.

TecknoFreak

Feb 20, 2011
Deltona
SVLAN

Just saw your post in the exhibit thread. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35961759&postcount=1244

You need to send that dude a PM and hope he still has the correct zimage. As far as where those commands go he was using heimdall front end. Just google it and you'll have it set up in no time. You could also try flashing the zimage from that file you DL'd but I'd try to get the original if you can.

Thanks bro,
I did tried the command but the Heimdall don't recognized my device. :(
As for the kernel file I tried flashing it so many times I lost count. lol I have the Stock zimage but no luck so far. I also have the =stock recovery file and the pit file. I have tried everything i can think off and nothing so far.

Is a shame that so many users with this great phone that I even like more then my ex galaxy s vibrant and it have no support. :crying:

This by far is the first time I have ever had any problems with any phone i have flashed in more then 1000 attempts. This phone really is a pain in the Butt.... lol :crying: I wonder why T-Mo drop the support and sales of this phone so quick!!!!!

TecknoFreak

Feb 20, 2011
Deltona
thanks bro,
but aint that tool have the Stock Rom File already integrate in it?

Disclaimer:
These One-Click's contains bootloaders, kernels, and roms for ONLY the SGH-T959V. This One-Click will not work with any other device!
By downloading and flashing the files you agree that you will not hold me or anyone in the credits responsible if your device becomes bricked or unusable. (But here is a place to get that kinda stuff fixed)

thanks

th3controller

May 21, 2012
New York
thanks bro,
but aint that tool have the Stock Rom File already integrate in it?

Disclaimer:
These One-Click's contains bootloaders, kernels, and roms for ONLY the SGH-T959V. This One-Click will not work with any other device!
By downloading and flashing the files you agree that you will not hold me or anyone in the credits responsible if your device becomes bricked or unusable. (But here is a place to get that kinda stuff fixed)

thanks

He means follow the guide but don't use the Heimdall for the Samsung Galaxy S 4G.

Use the guide as a reference.

Reactions: hechoen

hechoen

May 7, 2011
He means follow the guide but don't use the Heimdall for the Samsung Galaxy S 4G.

Use the guide as a reference.

Exactly. Use zadig to get the proper drivers for it to work. You can also DL heimdall GUI from the heimdall webpage. Use that with the files you have and see if you can get the kernel to flash. If you wanna continue to try and use front end an easy command to use to see if your device is being detected is

Code:
heimdall detect

Imagine that lol. Once you get heimdall to recognize the device you can flash from front end or the gui.

TecknoFreak

Feb 20, 2011
Deltona
thanks guys for all the help. I tried everything and this freaking phone is useless.
I will buy me the Sony Xperia TL instead of loosing my time with this crap of phone that I thought it will be good for development.... sake!!!!!!!!!

thanks guys but Im all done with this phone

Last edited:

hechoen

May 7, 2011
Damn a 13mp camera. That's pretty sweet. Other than that the specs are pretty on par with the Skyrocket or the Hercules. If you wanna stay with Samsung I would take a look at both of those as well.

klockk

Jun 20, 2010
T-Mobile T959V - Same issue - Stuck in Recovery

I know this thread is OLD...
I know the original thread was about an Exhibit...

I have a T959V Galaxy S 4G...
I'm hosed here trying to get this phone back working....

originally I lost baseband and IMEI, and my Restore (using Galaxy S 4G Unlock Tool) didnt work when I told it to restore the /efs data...
I finally found and flash all sorts of things, but now I am stuck in Recovery.... even when I flash an old 2.3.6 CWM Backup, when it is done, it will just drop back into recovery when it boots up... but never load Android.. :(

Right now, I am stuck in STOCK Recovery..

Android system recovery (3e>

Samsung Recovery Utils
- for BML -

Down Below is says

# MANUAL MODE #

-- Appling Multi-CSC...
Successfully applied multi-CSC.

I cant bet past any of this.... it just keeps coming here when I tell it to reboot system now..

I have tried a few of the OneCLicks.... most fail part way thru sending the rfs files to the phone... usually the factoryrfs.rfs I think it was...

I can use the oneclick that will install the kernal only and leaves me with what looks like a CWM recovery (Red or Orange) but still it will not load the system..

is there a ODIN out there with Modem, PDA, CSC, and PIT complete so I can FULLY reload this phone?

I CAN get to download mode....

Thanx!:confused:

DickyG

Mar 30, 2013
Virginia
I know this thread is OLD...
I know the original thread was about an Exhibit...

I have a T959V Galaxy S 4G...
I'm hosed here trying to get this phone back working....

originally I lost baseband and IMEI, and my Restore (using Galaxy S 4G Unlock Tool) didnt work when I told it to restore the /efs data...
I finally found and flash all sorts of things, but now I am stuck in Recovery.... even when I flash an old 2.3.6 CWM Backup, when it is done, it will just drop back into recovery when it boots up... but never load Android.. :(

Right now, I am stuck in STOCK Recovery..

Android system recovery (3e>

Samsung Recovery Utils
- for BML -

Down Below is says

# MANUAL MODE #

-- Appling Multi-CSC...
Successfully applied multi-CSC.

I cant bet past any of this.... it just keeps coming here when I tell it to reboot system now..

I have tried a few of the OneCLicks.... most fail part way thru sending the rfs files to the phone... usually the factoryrfs.rfs I think it was...

I can use the oneclick that will install the kernal only and leaves me with what looks like a CWM recovery (Red or Orange) but still it will not load the system..

is there a ODIN out there with Modem, PDA, CSC, and PIT complete so I can FULLY reload this phone?

I CAN get to download mode....

Thanx!:confused:

If you can get to download mode, check out Lumin30's guide for Heimdall...works like a charm.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=21953878&postcount=2

Once you get back to GB, you can also use Heimdall to flash AntonX's Basic-With-A-Twist kernel. That will get you rooted. The rest is up to you.

Top Liked Posts