[Q] extended batteries

Search This thread
Jun 15, 2011
www.linkedin.com
Has anyone here tried an extended battery made for the Dell Venue Po?

For example, there's a 2600mAh battery that comes with a replacement cover because the battery is so large. ... It looks nice. I find myself always conscious that I'm churning through battery life just with normal usage.

Related to that, I have noticed my DVP getting pretty warm. Wondered if anyone knows of any tricks to colling the phone, or any gadgets that have been made for that purpose.

Thanks.

Last edited:

MisterPhilleh

Mar 19, 2010
The only replacement batteries I've seen available for the Dell Venue Pro are standard replacement batteries, although an extended capacity batter sounds like a nice idea.

I've also noticed my device heating up during data-intensive tasks, but usually the heat is coming from the panel that is below the battery bay, so it might be something related to the processor/memory strain.

Sent from my Venue Pro using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

Personally I've been looking for a stock-sized extended battery. The ones on eBay with the extended cover make the phone too thick IMO and ruin the look of it as well.
That said, the kickstand would be handy for Netflix.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2600mAh-cover-Extended-battery-DELL-Venue-Pro-V02S-/370522627521?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item5644de9dc1

Generally I find the stock battery to be far more than sufficient, but when I'm in bad/no reception areas, I find the battery drains super fast.

Sent from Vera, my Iconia A500; All dressed up going places!

Last edited:

solly36

Dec 16, 2011
Dvp is quite heavy,, how much more would it get heavier with the extended battery,,, I wonder

kladtheone

Jan 29, 2011
Battery replacement

Hey guyz Wake up !!

I cant post the link because I don't post a lot around...
but go to Mugen Power Website and look for Dell venue

(Venue and Venue Pro use the same batteries)

Mugen power is pretty much the only one brand for battery replacement with quality inside.

Igoran

Sep 14, 2006
Saint-Petersburg
Venue and Venue Pro have same battery but different backcovers. So XL Mugen batteryes don't usable. Standart size mugen battery is not a pretty much better compared to stock...

das limpet

Feb 1, 2012
ext bat

I got a new ext battery with cover afew days ago. The dvp is tad bit heavy so
the battery is not a big deal and the new cover is better now you have a finger grip. The dvp does not recognize the new battery at all. I did call seller,waste of time, did call Dell waste of time both have no clue as to how to get phone to recognize new battery. It is a 2600. So I have a few weeks before return to see
if by magic it all works out. Any input? Thanks

aleunge

Aug 11, 2007
I got a new ext battery with cover afew days ago. The dvp is tad bit heavy so
the battery is not a big deal and the new cover is better now you have a finger grip. The dvp does not recognize the new battery at all. I did call seller,waste of time, did call Dell waste of time both have no clue as to how to get phone to recognize new battery. It is a 2600. So I have a few weeks before return to see
if by magic it all works out. Any input? Thanks

Yeah it looks like with the extended batteries, you need to take out and place back the battery after it charges to 1500mah to get it to go past the OEM battery capacity... sounds like the extended battery doesn't have the proper firmware to indicate its full/actual capacity. Bummer... especially since they're not cheap!

http://www.amazon.com/review/RCKNVX...593DFX2&nodeID=&tag=&linkCode=#wasThisHelpful

yohanip

Sep 6, 2012
Yeah it looks like with the extended batteries, you need to take out and place back the battery after it charges to 1500mah to get it to go past the OEM battery capacity... sounds like the extended battery doesn't have the proper firmware to indicate its full/actual capacity. Bummer... especially since they're not cheap!

Woow, a smartphone.. since it's so smart it doesn't want to have the 'extra' power.. :) i've been looking for an extended batery for my DVP too, i think it's so much trouble to charge the phone every 4~6 hour or so..

HRQ.SLV

Apr 11, 2008
Vila do Conde

http://www.amazon.com/review/RCKNVX...593DFX2&nodeID=&tag=&linkCode=#wasThisHelpful

Can anyone confirm if this issue was solved with the Mango update?

I'd really love to have some extra juice! :D