• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] Extract modem file from Stock Firmware

Search This thread

pedromms86

Mar 21, 2013
Can someone help extract a modem file from a Stock firmware downloaded from Sammobile ? or put for download the I9195UBUCNH3 modem file (zip or odin) is the last one for my country by mistake a replace it from another country and now my battery is going really fast.

i try some tutorial with cygwin, but no lucky.

thanks

sasank360

Feb 27, 2012
Hyderabad
Use the attached zip. U need windows pc for this. Place your firmware tar.md5 file in the extracted directory and open the "" tar.md5_packager.bat "" file. Then choose option to extract that tar.md5 file. In the 'parts' folder u will get extracted firmware contents. The non-hlos.bin file is modem. Good luck.

Attachments

• TAR_MD5_PACKAGER.rar
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,569

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use the attached zip. U need windows pc for this. Place your firmware tar.md5 file in the extracted directory and open the "" tar.md5_packager.bat "" file. Then choose option to extract that tar.md5 file. In the 'parts' folder u will get extracted firmware contents. The non-hlos.bin file is modem. Good luck.
    Open the .tar.md5 official rom file with WinRAR and extract NON-HLOS.bin. Flash that file with Odin 3.07 as modem.
    Open the .tar.md5 official rom file with WinRAR and extract NON-HLOS.bin. Flash that file with Odin 3.07 as modem.

How can this be done with Heimdall? If so, do I use:
    Code:
    heimdall flash --APNHLOS NON-HLOS.bin
    or
    Code:
    heimdall flash --MDM NON-HLOS.bin