[Q] Failed to install dalvikcache2sd (oxygen)

Search This thread

wilborama

Feb 7, 2011
Hi all, Yesterday I flashed oxygen and all is fine. Restored apps, sms, contacts etc, happy with it but thought I'd install the dalvik cache script so I'd have a bit more memory. I downloaded file dalvik-cache2sd and put it on sdcard.
Went to clockworkmod, choose zip from sdcard, install zip from sdcard then it starts then I get this:
installing: /sdcard/dalvik-cache2sd-signed.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update package...
Amend scripting (update script) is no longer supported.
Amend script was deprecated by Google in android 1.5.
It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to ClockworkMod 3.0 Gingerbread based recovery.
Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.
Installation aborted.

I've no idead what this means or what to do next...Any advice anyone...:confused:

wilborama

Feb 7, 2011
Thanks for advice. I wasn't going to play around changing recoveries because I guess it's not that importart to install the script BUT I went to update my radio and the same message came up. WTF...if I change to this recovery (how can I do it) will I have to change anything else, I guess it means I won't have cwm recovery but amon-ra recovery, am I right. Please guys clarify this for me as getting a little confused... Thanks

paul8944

Aug 30, 2011
Southampton
Have a read of the oxygen forum. It has the script you will need and if you can't find it there the redux script works as that is what I use.

Check out oxygen.im

sent from my Oxygen desire

wilborama

Feb 7, 2011
I'm s-off (revolutionary method)and I found the oxygen dalvik2sdscript no problem, it's in the root of my sd card along with the latest radio...that I can't install. Would it work if I renamed the radio file to update or something similar ? I wonder....

Last edited:

paul8944

Aug 30, 2011
Southampton
Flash the dalvik zip file the same way as you do a rom in recovery

As for the radio file you need to use fastboot. But if you have changed your h-boot make sure it has enough space to flash the radio or you could end up with a permanent brick. I believe you need a min of 25mb but check this before you flash the radio.
Hope this helps

To flash anything like alternative recovery, radio, or hboot it is best to use fastboot (back button and power)
sent from my Oxygen desire

Last edited:

MatDrOiD

May 6, 2011
Halle (Saale) + Langelsheim
There is absolutely no need to change radio here. Just changing the recovery to 4EXT or RMD (currently the most recommend recoveries) will do the trick. This operation can be done either with fastboot or with Android Flasher.
For fastboot check my guide. For Android Flasher read the opening post.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since version 3 clockworkmod uses a newer updater script. Some scripts are not updated to this version, so you have to flash an older recovery like RMD or 4EXT via fastboot.