[Q] fastboot signature check failed?

Search This thread

ldrifta

Mar 15, 2011
Lynn, Mass
i have the latest radio and hboot for G1 (check sig) and in fastboot mode it says S-on.. now im having trouble flashing a custom splash screen via fastboot and i read somewhere that the S-on may be why.. do i need to downgrade to engineering spl to use fastboot flash method? I keep getting a... <bootloader> checking signature failed! in cmd... but i do have fastboot enabled and working properly..

Maxamillion

Feb 5, 2011
Did you follow ezterry's on how to install the spl and radio:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=831139? did u follow these steps for installing the spl?
== Installing ==

(Note: Please Do read the information on the SPL below before actually installing)

1) Take a nandroid backup of your current rom (mandatory if you are trying to move the current rom to the new radio/SPL) to simplify things put any update.zips you expect to need on the SD card now
2) enter fastboot mode
3) flash the files and other operations via fastboot
Code:

fastboot flash recovery recovery-RA-dream-v1.7.0-cyan.img
fastboot flash radio radio-2.22.27.08.img
fastboot flash hboot hboot-1.33.0013d.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader

now you will see you have an s-on boot loader with 1.33.0013d as its version
Code:

fastboot erase system -w
fastboot erase boot

please remember while fastboot erase works; fastboot flash does not so be careful *not* to remove the recovery
4) Boot into recovery
5) install a system from backup or as a fresh rom some options are:

AndDiSa

Dec 2, 2009
Heidelberg
i have the latest radio and hboot for G1 (check sig) and in fastboot mode it says S-on.. now im having trouble flashing a custom splash screen via fastboot and i read somewhere that the S-on may be why.. do i need to downgrade to engineering spl to use fastboot flash method? I keep getting a... <bootloader> checking signature failed! in cmd... but i do have fastboot enabled and working properly..

You have a perfected SPL installed on your phone (0013d), so you do not have full fastboot support and you are not able to flash a custom splash screen.
If you want to downgrade, flash the orange-xxx.nbh file from Terry's thread (can be found in my signature) and after that you will have an engineering SPL. With this you should be able to flash a custom splash screen. After that you can go back to 1.33.0013d/2.22.28.25 ... everything can be done using fastboot;), so your risks to brick your phone are very(?) limited ...

ldrifta

Mar 15, 2011
Lynn, Mass
yeah i figured it out thanks guys!! had to temp flash the engineering spl to do what i wanted.. than jus re flashed 0013d :D everything is all set thank you guys though!!!

hubby0925

Dec 11, 2010
I accidentally removed the recovery... and still having same issues with S-ON with HBOOT-1.33.0013d.... need help getting recovery back on my phone. have new radio too.

ezterry

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2010
Asheville, NC
I accidentally removed the recovery... and still having same issues with S-ON with HBOOT-1.33.0013d.... need help getting recovery back on my phone. have new radio too.

You (as I see was indicated in the thread before) go to the 2708+ kernel/SPL/Radio thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=831139

This has all the information on the use of 2708/2835 radios and the 1.33.0013d SPL including a section on what to do if you loose access to both the system and recovery in the '== Important Information about 1.33.0013d ==' section [Its important to read that section anyway if you are using 1.33.0013d]

If you still have access to boot, just use flash_image or rom manager to restore your recovery image.