• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Flashing stock rom?

Search This thread

i.Design

Aug 19, 2012
So... I have looked around and can't find a specific resource that tells me what I need to do, so I am posting this. If there is an existing thread or post you could point me to that would be appreciated. I unlocked my Moto X bootloader (US Cellular), rooted, and flash a new ROM a few weeks back. I love the custom ROM's but have gotten tired of random bugs and lack of the stock Moto X features (which I came to love over the year I had the phone before ever rooting it).

In any case, I need to know how I can go about getting the stock MotoX experience back and keep root.

D

Darth

Always start with the stickies in device sections, they usually have most things like this,

See this guide and check the returning to stock section...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2603358

You will need to root again, but your bootloader is unlocked, so that's simple.

And don't downgrade your android version if you value your device. Same version or higher only. ?

Wansanta

Sep 3, 2014
So... I have looked around and can't find a specific resource that tells me what I need to do, so I am posting this. If there is an existing thread or post you could point me to that would be appreciated. I unlocked my Moto X bootloader (US Cellular), rooted, and flash a new ROM a few weeks back. I love the custom ROM's but have gotten tired of random bugs and lack of the stock Moto X features (which I came to love over the year I had the phone before ever rooting it).

In any case, I need to know how I can go about getting the stock MotoX experience back and keep root.
For future reference, make a nandroid of your stock phone before you flash a custom ROM. Then you can just restore to stock using the nandroid and keep root.

However, if you want your texts messages from your phone restored, it is more complicated and right now I am having issues trying to restore text messages from an older version of android.

D

Darth

The app "sms backup and restore" has never failed to restore messages for me. ?

But that's off topic here. ?