[Q] Flickering/freezing of 3D games/apps?

Search This thread

ztracenyDen

Jun 8, 2009
Hi,
I'm sorry if this problem is already solved. But with my English I don't understand all those screen flickering/tearing issues (in the way that I can't imagine how these problems probably look like).
I took a video of the problem:

This happens frequently not only in Shadowgun, but also in Cogs, GTAIII or Google Earth with 3D buildings.
Is there any solution or is this behaviour unusual and I should send the tablet back to Asus?
Thank you.

sorceror171

Jun 19, 2012
perpendox.com
I haven't seen that problem with Shadowgun, Max Payne, or Google Earth. Unfortunately, I think there's a hardware problem with a tablet. Try a full factory reset, and if the problem shows up again, you'll need to RMA it.

skarfreak

May 12, 2012
Hat Yai
Hi,
I'm sorry if this problem is already solved. But with my English I don't understand all those screen flickering/tearing issues (in the way that I can't imagine how these problems probably look like).
I took a video of the problem:

This happens frequently not only in Shadowgun, but also in Cogs, GTAIII or Google Earth with 3D buildings.
Is there any solution or is this behaviour unusual and I should send the tablet back to Asus?
Thank you.

this happens to my prime before installing ROMS to it... pretty disappointing which in fact it has a very great machine. now my prime flies...

echelon1087

May 6, 2011
my prime and also my friend's prime have that problem, just reboot it, i dont know why on some application make that flickering, otherwise you can limit to 1 the number of application in background, seems limit the problem.

i have installed androwook and now i have very very rarely flickering, i don't think it's an hardware problem....

Reactions: ztracenyDen

skarfreak

May 12, 2012
Hat Yai
Can you clarify what you said there?

Plus i would love to see some answers on this since i have the exact same problem!

It means you need some risks to do. ROOT and UNLOCK your device. Or not even unlock, just root, then over lock it. Hope you're familiar with it. Atm, im using the latest Androwook Rom. Super stable. Even when im in POwer saving mode, i still can play Nova 3 without a problem...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Atlas7

Feb 4, 2012
Grad Zagreb
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
It means you need some risks to do. ROOT and UNLOCK your device. Or not even unlock, just root, then over lock it. Hope you're familiar with it. Atm, im using the latest Androwook Rom. Super stable. Even when im in POwer saving mode, i still can play Nova 3 without a problem...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

I have this problem always!!! Every day! I think I will unlock and install COSTOM ROM if it will fix! When I have this problem I only reset tablet

ztracenyDen

Jun 8, 2009
Thank you guys.
As I see it, there isn't any solution (apart from unlocking).
At least the restart helps.
The tip with "only 1 app in background" didn't change a thing, sadly.
It's interesting that it doesn't happen in custom roms... maybe it's worth a try to ask some developers what they've changed.

EDIT: I stand corrected, the "only 1 app in background" trick is working, after few initial glitches I was able to play Shadowgun for an hour... then I got bored, so it probably is a good way to solve the problem.

Last edited:

jubbleys

Oct 24, 2010
root

This might be a ROM problem too. I've had this issue on AOKP, but haven't seen it yet on CM9/stock.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Okay so I been doing some fiddling and have noticed if I go back to stock using the wolf method my tablet works fine, as soon as I root this is when games start to freak out.

So i used voodoo OTA and temp disable root and no more game problems. if i enable root games freak out again.

Now the question is is there some dodgy app trying to gain root or is it superuser?. i do have a few apps that don't come from the market :D

Reactions: ztracenyDen

ztracenyDen

Jun 8, 2009
You are right, temp unroot solved my problems, too.
Well, most of the time I don't need root, so this is great solution for me. Thanks

jubbleys

Oct 24, 2010
done some more fiddling and removed all my sideloaded Apps and the one that seems to have made the biggest difference is an old patchef version of root explorer I have left temp root off and uninstalled root explorer and no more problems....fingers crossed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    my prime and also my friend's prime have that problem, just reboot it, i dont know why on some application make that flickering, otherwise you can limit to 1 the number of application in background, seems limit the problem.

i have installed androwook and now i have very very rarely flickering, i don't think it's an hardware problem....
    root

This might be a ROM problem too. I've had this issue on AOKP, but haven't seen it yet on CM9/stock.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Okay so I been doing some fiddling and have noticed if I go back to stock using the wolf method my tablet works fine, as soon as I root this is when games start to freak out.

So i used voodoo OTA and temp disable root and no more game problems. if i enable root games freak out again.

Now the question is is there some dodgy app trying to gain root or is it superuser?. i do have a few apps that don't come from the market :D