• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Q: For T705-Does anyone know how to flash modem.bin through TWRP?

Search This thread

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Helllo

I would appreciate if someone knows how to flash a modem.bin through TWRP? I was looking at an old post by someone who may have not posted more than the two posts seen here but had success in changing bands apparently...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-s/help/lte-band-28-support-t705-t3120415#post65106621

Thanks!

also how does one open system.img...have used ext4 unpacker successfully but the 5.0.2 system images from various firmwares will simply not open (not so with T235 and even T715 when I had it both LL, former in fact 5.1.1)...ext4 unpacker says unknown file format (several firmwares T705, T705Y and T705M)

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Modem.bin can be flashed with odin.
But before you go messing about make a full backup with TWRP including the radio(modem)
You can then swap the modem in the twrp backup folder.

To extract Samsung ext4 system images you need to convert from sparse to raw format first.

Reactions: mac231us

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Thanks ashyx for your reply. Odin flash fails which is what the person who posted back in May experienced (he said he then had success flashing the modem in twrp)....you mentioned swapping out modem in twrp (how is that done?) (yes have made multiple twrp backups)

Will dig up the program used for sparse converter of Huawei system.App...hope I can find it

Sent from my SM-T235 using XDA Free mobile app

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Thanks ashyx for your reply. Odin flash fails which is what the person who posted back in May experienced (he said he then had success flashing the modem in twrp)....you mentioned swapping out modem in twrp (how is that done?) (yes have made multiple twrp backups)
If it didn't work then either the tar archive wasn't made properly or odin is refusing to flash the modem.bin.

For TWRP just make a backup of the radio partition then replace the file it makes.

Any way you have the flashable zip posted above just use that.

Reactions: J 3 M and mac231us

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If I understand correctly, you're trying to flash the modem through twrp?
    If so, then download the archive, and replace modem.bin to your file compression method with "usual"
    View attachment 3631429
    View attachment MODEM_CWM.zip
    If it didn't work then either the tar archive wasn't made properly or odin is refusing to flash the modem.bin.

For TWRP just make a backup of the radio partition then replace the file it makes.

Any way you have the flashable zip posted above just use that.
    Modem.bin can be flashed with odin.
    But before you go messing about make a full backup with TWRP including the radio(modem)
    You can then swap the modem in the twrp backup folder.

To extract Samsung ext4 system images you need to convert from sparse to raw format first.