[Q] Forcing Deep Sleep while USB Connected

Search This thread

sTOrM41

Aug 30, 2008
hey guys

on my last mountain bike session my s2 got a little wet..

since that its bugged.

it allways "thinks" it getting charged by usb, even when its not.

after some google reserch i found out that the device wont go into the deep sleep mode while connected to usb.

so my question is:

is there a way to force the deep sleep while connected to usb?

or is there a way to disable the usb connection?

i lose 40% of my battery over night becouse of this..

Apr 22, 2013
Cavite
Try to clean your usb port of your phone with small bruss and blower. This problem is always appear in s2 once the charging port is grounded due to moist and dust dried.. be carefull on cleaning it because that part of phone is expensive... Gudluck... or better bring it to samsung service center and let them fix it...

Sent from my GT-I9082 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: MistahBungle

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
No, you can't force deep sleep whilst the phone is charging. The suggestion to replace the USB flex cable isn't a bad one in the first instance (given it's cheap/easy to do), however, given the phone 'got wet', there may be more wrong with it. It may be the USB/charging circuitry, which would need to be replaced if replacing the USB flex doesn't fix the problem.

Reactions: immortalneo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try to clean your usb port of your phone with small bruss and blower. This problem is always appear in s2 once the charging port is grounded due to moist and dust dried.. be carefull on cleaning it because that part of phone is expensive... Gudluck... or better bring it to samsung service center and let them fix it...

Sent from my GT-I9082 using xda premium
    No, you can't force deep sleep whilst the phone is charging. The suggestion to replace the USB flex cable isn't a bad one in the first instance (given it's cheap/easy to do), however, given the phone 'got wet', there may be more wrong with it. It may be the USB/charging circuitry, which would need to be replaced if replacing the USB flex doesn't fix the problem.