[Q] Free Mobile, MMS And LG Optimus 7

Search This thread

Bahaika

Nov 11, 2010
Saumur
Hi;

I Got a problem with my LG Optimus 7 On windows phone 7.5 (Build 8107).
And I would like to configure my cell phone for this provider :

On them WebSite they say :
MMS
- APN : mmsfree
- MMSC : mms.free.fr
- MCC : 208
- MNC : 15
- APN Type : mms

But I can't find on Windows Phone how to set those data.
I've configured the APN free for Internet, and it works, but I can't find it for MMS.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Bahaika

Nov 11, 2010
Saumur
This application was'nt launching on my phone so i've done a Factory Reset and now I haven't anymore the LG menu in the MarketPlace.
I Can't set up it again :/
Furthermore, I've already tried to retrieve data from MFG, with the XML list, but the list remains empty.
Internet works well...

(My LG is on netherland unbranded ROM and unsimlocked originaly Orange)

Last edited:
G

GuestD0799

This application was'nt launching on my phone so i've done a Factory Reset and now I haven't anymore the LG menu in the MarketPlace.
I Can't set up it again :/

To access the MFG app after factory reset, enter ##634# and press call button (if needed). It takes some time to install the app. Password is 277634#*#.

modryke

Mar 15, 2008
I didn't managed to make "free mobile" MMS work.
It seems the only way is to connect on a free mobile antenna (not roaming over Orange) and wait for a configuration SMS from 2048.
I'm gonna check that today, there is a free mobile antenna 80km from home.

Bahaika

Nov 11, 2010
Saumur
You're serious, we need to be to the range of a free antenna to make it works ?
Tell me if it worked for you, I'd like to know if I'm going to look for an antenna or not ;)
(I obviously only use Romaing where I live).
Is there a map to see which is the closer to me ?

Bahaika

Nov 11, 2010
Saumur
Thanks, there is one just near my school, that's gonna be okay for me tomorrow I hope.
I'll post tomorrow to say if it's okay. In deed, if it's, the MMS Problem with Windows Phone for some users seems solvable.

modryke

Mar 15, 2008
I eventually found the antenna.
I had to restart the phone many time to connect, and after a few minutes I received a sms from 2048, in english, telling my I was going to received to configuration SMS later.
A few minutes later, I received these 2 sms, accepted the config, and restarted the phone.

I had to wait 30 minutes before being able to send mms or connect to the internet, but now it works perfectly, on Free Mobile, or on roaming.

Reactions: Bahaika

Bahaika

Nov 11, 2010
Saumur
Ok, first thank you for reporting this.
So; tomorrow I'll be able to test it : my high-school is supposed to be 400 meters from a Free antenna : I'll try and I hope I will receive this SMS.
You've restarted your phone ? It doesn't connect automatically ? That's stange.
Anyway; switching between Airplane mode ON/OFF wasn't enough ?

modryke

Mar 15, 2008
that's exactly what happened to me. I'm affraid there is only one fix: connecting to a free mobile antenna. Before IU connected to the antenna, I spent 1 week trying every possible fix (lot of hard resets needed ;-)

I even spent a few hours with their so called horline...

Nothing worked but connecting to a free mobile antenna.

You will have to find one

Bahaika

Nov 11, 2010
Saumur
that's exactly what happened to me. I'm affraid there is only one fix: connecting to a free mobile antenna. Before IU connected to the antenna, I spent 1 week trying every possible fix (lot of hard resets needed ;-)

I even spent a few hours with their so called horline...

Nothing worked but connecting to a free mobile antenna.

You will have to find one

About 10 reset; I called Free, LG and Microsoft.
Free tells me to Call LG, LG tells me to call Microsoft and Microsoft Tells me to call Free.
I haven't any free antenna at range, so i'm kind of stuck in this situation.
But, I got hope to force MMS.
I maybe found a way to manually edit MMS properties. Still need to work on, but it don't seems impossible.
In this thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1473439
I shared what I've discover.
That would be great if you post some screenshots of your "View Config XML" In MFG -> Engirneer Menu -> Other Settings -> View current profile
It may helps me to found the right value for each paramters. I'll finally create an application to set automaticaly Free MMS if I found what I need to do it ;).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I eventually found the antenna.
    I had to restart the phone many time to connect, and after a few minutes I received a sms from 2048, in english, telling my I was going to received to configuration SMS later.
    A few minutes later, I received these 2 sms, accepted the config, and restarted the phone.

I had to wait 30 minutes before being able to send mms or connect to the internet, but now it works perfectly, on Free Mobile, or on roaming.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone