[Q] Galaxy Nexus Flashing Help

Search This thread

urhaxable

Jun 3, 2011
I have read through the entire thread at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1696621 which has helped me a lot. I noticed not suppose to ask help on that thread so I figured I start one here and you may delete my post I made on that thread.

I have a Verizon Nexus SCH-i515 I would like to get working on PagePlus. I currently have talk/text working, but no 3g. I have Verizon Paranoid Android rom, sprint FC12 CDMA radio. Using PRL 52874 provided OTA *22800.

I tried using the script for ets that AutoPrime provided on the mentioned thread above, but I do not know the HA, AAA, or Akey. I do not know how to obtain these settings. I'm assuming this is why I can't get 3g working.

I have a Droid RAZR Maxx flashed to PagePlus and I didn't need any of these settings. It was basically ##PROGRAM, set MDN, MIN, and SID, then use CDMA workshop or DFS, set EVDO to rev.a, and disable R-UIM by setting to NV only.. power on, *#*#INFO#*#* change to CDMA Auto (PRL), done.. so I don't know how to get these AAA,HA, or akey from.

Reading around some people are getting these settings from donors, but I don't have an actual PagePlus phone. If anyone can help me I'd be very happy and greatly appreciated.

Back to reading the mentioned thread above for the 5th time, see if I missed something. Thanks!

urhaxable

Jun 3, 2011
OK, seems everything I read says I need a donor phone. Can anyone tell me why I didn't need this when putting razr on page plus? Did it get all the info ota? Guess I'll have to dig up my LG dare to use as a donor, if I can.

Is it possible to swap razr and nexus esn, get the info then swap back?

urhaxable

Jun 3, 2011
AAA, HA, Akey backup??

Ok, swapped phones, now I need to find how to get Akey, AAA, and HA from the Verizon RAZR maxx... in DFS > programming > general > cave > get reports A_Key cps-error bad-param
ssd-a cps-error bad-param
ssd-b cps-error bad-param

Now under DFS > NV > read
I get 466, 580, 889, 906, 920,1192 cps-error bad-param

So this phone has 3g and works but no akey, aaa, or ha?

Reactions: bamx2

urhaxable

Jun 3, 2011
Is there a way to record a log of an ota on the razr maxx to get HA AAA and akey?

Also is there a way to log the nexus trying to connect to see the error message?

K4J98

Nov 16, 2011
Razr keys

Stop trying to get the keys from the Razr; they won't help. The only AAA and HA etc. info. that will help you is that of a phone that has been activated with working 3G on Page Plus. The Razr is most likely locked up (as for the NV items), so if you think you need the 3G data, go for a cheap, easily accessible phone (LG Vortex, pretty much any Samsung, etc.).

I can live with 1x on Page Plus with my Gnex, but I don't use data that much. You get very little data on PP anyway.

Use Autoprime's script for P+, then go in and use "NV Manager" with ETS (just to be super sure everything is as it should be--I think the script put my MDN where my MSID should be actually). This got me 1x, talk and text.

I'm happy.

God Bless!

Reactions: geeheeber and bamx2

urhaxable

Jun 3, 2011
Stop trying to get the keys from the Razr; they won't help. The only AAA and HA etc. info. that will help you is that of a phone that has been activated with working 3G on Page Plus. The Razr is most likely locked up (as for the NV items), so if you think you need the 3G data, go for a cheap, easily accessible phone (LG Vortex, pretty much any Samsung, etc.).

I can live with 1x on Page Plus with my Gnex, but I don't use data that much. You get very little data on PP anyway.

Use Autoprime's script for P+, then go in and use "NV Manager" with ETS (just to be super sure everything is as it should be--I think the script put my MDN where my MSID should be actually). This got me 1x, talk and text.

I'm happy.

God Bless!

My RAZR maxx is on page plus with full working 3g,talk,text.. that's why I thought it would work if I swapped gnex esn to the razr, activated it, then tried to get HA/AAA then switch back.. but couldn't get them.. Did you use a donor to get 1x? What radios, rom, and prl are you using? The script for P+ requires HA/AAA ,well could be blocked off with /// but thought these were needed.

I do have a Verizon LG Dare somewhere if I can find it, could use it as a donor. Problem is finding it.

urhaxable

Jun 3, 2011
HA AAA passwords no donor

Well I've been changing so many settings that probably never needed changed. Going through every setting in ets seeing what does what. After changing some settings and pulling down some OTA via *22800 I have been able to get HA and AAA passwords without a donor. I still have no 3g data though.

Plugging phone number, HA, and AAA into AutoPrime's ets script still does not get me 1x or 3g data on pageplus. So there is still something missing on his script, something wrong on script, or maybe my phone is just glitched.

I did read somewhere that Nexus on pageplus should use profile 0, I noticed in AutoPrime's script he changes profile 1 settings. Maybe I'll try changing these around or something.

airtime82

Jun 9, 2012
Well I've been changing so many settings that probably never needed changed. Going through every setting in ets seeing what does what. After changing some settings and pulling down some OTA via *22800 I have been able to get HA and AAA passwords without a donor. I still have no 3g data though.

Plugging phone number, HA, and AAA into AutoPrime's ets script still does not get me 1x or 3g data on pageplus. So there is still something missing on his script, something wrong on script, or maybe my phone is just glitched.

I did read somewhere that Nexus on pageplus should use profile 0, I noticed in AutoPrime's script he changes profile 1 settings. Maybe I'll try changing these around or something.

try flashing a radio thats actually for your phone if it will even work anymore after flashing one not intended for it.

Reactions: sapiro

urhaxable

Jun 3, 2011
I can flash Verizon radio but its not programmable. Will settings stay? Ill try that I just wrote all values to profile 0 and 1.. set 0 active no data, set 1 active no data..

My ha pass is only 9... script says 16.. should I add some 0's to the end to make it 16?

urhaxable

Jun 3, 2011
HA AAA passwords no donor

As I thought tossed on Verizon radio, settings reverted back to what SIM was programmed for. So I tossed in a blank SIM, mdn, min, etc all 0's and not changable.. so tossing Sprint radio back on unless someone knows of a Verizon radio that will accept changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12manytimes

94SupraTT

Nov 25, 2010

How long and difficult is this process? I'm mulling over whether I'm gonna pay someone to do this or not. Romming is one thing but this flashing might be over my head.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

urhaxable

Jun 3, 2011
How long and difficult is this process? I'm mulling over whether I'm gonna pay someone to do this or not. Romming is one thing but this flashing might be over my head.

Well if there was a guide it'd be pretty easy, but with no guide and over thousands of setting combinations, I'm just doing trial and error..

I don't think anyone at all has a Nexus on pageplus fully working.. Using a donor or not.. No one has said anything in any of the forums I read or youtube, so guessing that no one has it working. Guy above says he has 1x on pageplus, but I can't even get that, and I think he is the only one. All I have is talk/text working flawless..

There has been about 2 people that say they have the Nexus fully flashed to cricket.. but I have not attempted that as I'd rather have pageplus. If I can't get pageplus I may look into cricket and compare their speedtests with virgin mobile and flash to one of them. I have donors for VM.

94SupraTT

Nov 25, 2010
I
Well if there was a guide it'd be pretty easy, but with no guide and over thousands of setting combinations, I'm just doing trial and error..

I don't think anyone at all has a Nexus on pageplus fully working.. Using a donor or not.. No one has said anything in any of the forums I read or youtube, so guessing that no one has it working. Guy above says he has 1x on pageplus, but I can't even get that, and I think he is the only one. All I have is talk/text working flawless..

There has been about 2 people that say they have the Nexus fully flashed to cricket.. but I have not attempted that as I'd rather have pageplus. If I can't get pageplus I may look into cricket and compare their speedtests with virgin mobile and flash to one of them. I have donors for VM.

Gotcha. I just picked up a Sprint Gnex, literally minutes ago,lol. It was 125, so i couldn't pass it up. From what i gather it is easier than the verizon gnex.

urhaxable

Jun 3, 2011
I

Gotcha. I just picked up a Sprint Gnex, literally minutes ago,lol. It was 125, so i couldn't pass it up. From what i gather it is easier than the verizon gnex.

Yeah Sprint Nexus is a little easier as you don't have to worry about radios, your stock radios allow programming. And since you are already Sprint you don't need to flash a sprint rom to access some on phone programming menus.

silow

Jan 12, 2009
alphahere has a Sprint GNex fully working on Page Plus. These are the steps he took to get it working.
1) Had a donor phone - HTC incredible, cloned all values needed to the Sprint Galaxy Nexus.
2) Modified the verizon script using the values from the HCT incredible.
3) Ran the script with ETS
4) Lastly did over the air programming with verizon (pageplus).
5) Modified the APN to work for verizon mms.

I suspect you are having the same problem I'm having. I just flashed a Sprint GNex to Page Plus a few days ago. However 3G data is not working because I used a Droid X as the donor and as I have learned in the last couple of days Motorola has their phones locked up pretty tight. I'm unable to pull the NV items needed to obtain the HA/AAA/PPP keys.

In the next few days I'm going to try and find a cheap LG or Samsung phone and use that as the donor instead.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

If you are using a Verizon ROM there's a patch you need to apply. Check this post.

94SupraTT

Nov 25, 2010
On a scale of 1 to 10 with romming/rooting being a five what would you guys rate flashing a Sprint gnex to page plus.

silow

Jan 12, 2009
On a scale of 1 to 10 with romming/rooting being a five what would you guys rate flashing a Sprint gnex to page plus.

On the GNex romming/rooting is a 1. Flashing a Sprint GNex is a 5 (autoprime's ETS instructions and scripts make it easy) and pulling the data you need from a donor phone can be a 5-10 depending on which phone you use as the donor.

Once you go through the process once though it's pretty easy.

Reactions: 94SupraTT

94SupraTT

Nov 25, 2010
On the GNex romming/rooting is a 1. Flashing a Sprint GNex is a 5 (autoprime's ETS instructions and scripts make it easy) and pulling the data you need from a donor phone can be a 5-10 depending on which phone you use as the donor.

Once you go through the process once though it's pretty easy.

Sweet. I might give it a try. Will me Samsung Fascinate work as a donor for my Sprint gnex?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have read through the entire thread at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1696621 which has helped me a lot. I noticed not suppose to ask help on that thread so I figured I start one here and you may delete my post I made on that thread.

I have a Verizon Nexus SCH-i515 I would like to get working on PagePlus. I currently have talk/text working, but no 3g. I have Verizon Paranoid Android rom, sprint FC12 CDMA radio. Using PRL 52874 provided OTA *22800.

I tried using the script for ets that AutoPrime provided on the mentioned thread above, but I do not know the HA, AAA, or Akey. I do not know how to obtain these settings. I'm assuming this is why I can't get 3g working.

I have a Droid RAZR Maxx flashed to PagePlus and I didn't need any of these settings. It was basically ##PROGRAM, set MDN, MIN, and SID, then use CDMA workshop or DFS, set EVDO to rev.a, and disable R-UIM by setting to NV only.. power on, *#*#INFO#*#* change to CDMA Auto (PRL), done.. so I don't know how to get these AAA,HA, or akey from.

Reading around some people are getting these settings from donors, but I don't have an actual PagePlus phone. If anyone can help me I'd be very happy and greatly appreciated.

Back to reading the mentioned thread above for the 5th time, see if I missed something. Thanks!
    I believe I connect to evdo rev.a on the profile that has data. I pulled down 2100k down I don't remember what I got up.

*#*#INFO#*#* will show what Rev. you are connected to, but I'm assuming pulling around 2M you are on Rev.A

I tossed new script for PagePlus Full Flash - Talk/Text/3g data - No donor needed - no HA or AAA needed either.
    http://gogreeninyourhome.com/go-green-files/

Use the older version of ETS with this script. Also put phone in airplane mode, flash, then reboot and turn off airplane mode.

I still can't figure out why I always connect to Rev.0 instead of Rev.A

I'm on:
    SCH-i515 (Verizon Galaxy Nexus)
    Carrier Flashed: PagePlusCellular
    Working: Talk/Text/3g Data (EVDO Rev.0) so far
    ROM: Paranoid Android (Verizon CDMA)
    CDMA Radio: FC12 (Sprint), FG01 (Sprint), FH05 (Sprint), FD02 (Sprint I can only get 1X data with this radio)
    LTE Radio: FC05 (Verizon)
    Razr keys

I'm happy.

God Bless!
    Ok. I have voice and 3G data working on my Verizon Gnex in Ukraine, but text doesn't work. I can't send SMS, only receive. ( and also i have no 1x data.
    Any ideas? I didn't write the A-key. Maybe it can help?

If your carrier requires akey then it is very possible this is needed for SMS. But if calls/voice works without the Akey then it seems strange that SMS doesn't.

NOTE: do not use any of autoprime's scripts on this version of ETS though, half the settings will not write saying it is an unknown command, so use the other version of ets to use his scripts. You can have both installed on system without problems.

I added a script on that link for pageplus talk/text.. use that script with the version of ets you download from this link as well. Hope I have everything set right on it :)

Interesting to see that it doesn't work on certain Ets versions but good to know.
    This is the current version of Ets I use.. where all the scripts are being tested(I always run Ets as Administrator)...

2Ni3Z.png

Good stuff on the new PP script. Not sure why you're getting slower speeds. It may just be that a donor is always required. Hopefully someone can get you some HA/AAA keys to test that theory. I've had people confirm with me that with both VZW and SPR versions + donor = 3G(screenshots of 1mbps+ speeds). I've yet to hear anyone OTA completely with no donor.. but that certainly doesnt mean its not doable. From your results with the new script things sound promising.

I wish I had a Verizon Gnex to mess with. That seems to be the one with all the issue's. I wonder if OTA'n completely is an issue due to using a Sprint radio while trying to OTA VZW data. In your script you have ha/aaa set to "vzw". Are these vzw's changing to actual valid 32-digit HA/AAA hex keys after OTA? And if you are getting HA/AAA keys OTA'd.. have you tried writing them to another device and testing 3G? See if that device gets working/fast 3G with just mip/ppp set(meid/mdn/min doesnt need to match or touched for 3g test). I just want to rule out that this device can't OTA on VZW due to the Sprint modem. What we REALLY need is a way to disable UIM mode on a Verizon CDMA modem.

I'm curious... have you tried setting Mobile IP mode to "Simple IP Only" ? I've seen this change work on other phones.. but I'm just guessing.

@alphahere - I've dumped DMU slot 2 on my Sprint Gnex and it gave me the standard vzw "10.key" when I read the file in hex. Slot 1 was empty. I'm curious if Vzw devices have it in Slot 1.
    Whoooohoooo.. OK Verizon nexus flashed to page plus. .talk text 3g data.. no donor.. no aaa no ha needed!

I'll write a script after work
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone