[Q] Galaxy S 4G (SGH-T959V) Data Speed HELP!

Search This thread

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
Hi,
I have a Samsung Galaxy S 4G (SGH-T959V). I have a 4G plan from T-Mobile and I’m in an excellent 4G coverage area. My Galaxy S 4G was working with 4G data speeds up until the point where I flashed cyanogenmod 9 for my phone. (Yes, it was the correct version for my phone). The problem is that it is no longer working with 4G data speeds. It is always showing Edge network and its really slow speed. (I’m once again in a great 4G area). Can anyone help me out here as to what I should do? Also if you know the H symbol next to the data signal on the phone what speed is that indicating?
Thank You!

Theraze

Jan 19, 2012
Try a different modem. We have something like 17 different options, and they all work differently for different people.

And H is the ICS+ version of 4G.

Shaheer

May 22, 2013
Richmond
Try a different modem. We have something like 17 different options, and they all work differently for different people.

And H is the ICS+ version of 4G.

Oh thank you for explaining what the H means. However i don't exactly understand the modem thing. What is a modem and what does it do? Which one would be the best one for me or how would I know? Please tell me.

Thank You!

Theraze

Jan 19, 2012
I responded with vague generalities to your general thread, since it was obviously designed for general responses, not specific help. Since this is the help forum, I'll give you a link to FBis251's great forum thread. Unzip the "all_padded_modems" zip file to your sd card and pick a file to flash. See how well it works. Choose another or keep the one you tried. Repeat until you like your mobile network speeds, display, and wifi.

Reactions: dolo1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I responded with vague generalities to your general thread, since it was obviously designed for general responses, not specific help. Since this is the help forum, I'll give you a link to FBis251's great forum thread. Unzip the "all_padded_modems" zip file to your sd card and pick a file to flash. See how well it works. Choose another or keep the one you tried. Repeat until you like your mobile network speeds, display, and wifi.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone