• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Galaxy S4 Active Custom Unlocked Bootscreen

Search This thread

gdespaux2010

May 16, 2012
Got my Galaxy S4 Active about two weeks ago, loving it as its a huge upgrade over my old S2. Everything has been great; amazing battery life, Full HD screen, water resistant, etc. etc.

Two days ago, restarted my phone and noticed the bootscreen said "Samsung" with an open padlock and "Custom" underneath it. I've read a dozen threads of people having this happen after flashing custom ROMs, and if I had also done so I wouldn't be posting here. My phone is completely stock, not debloated nor rooted. In fact, as far as I can tell there hasn't been any sort of updates to software/firmware since I bought the phone. Anyone have any similar experience or solutions?

I know Triangle Away should probably fix the bootscreen, but I'm wanting to fix the cause, not the effect. There may or may not be increased battery drain since the "Custom" message appeared, it's hard for me to tell with the phone being so new and my usage varies day to day. Any info/comments/questions/advice is appreciated!

gdespaux2010

May 16, 2012
Got my Galaxy S4 Active about two weeks ago, loving it as its a huge upgrade over my old S2. Everything has been great; amazing battery life, Full HD screen, water resistant, etc. etc.

Two days ago, restarted my phone and noticed the bootscreen said "Samsung" with an open padlock and "Custom" underneath it. I've read a dozen threads of people having this happen after flashing custom ROMs, and if I had also done so I wouldn't be posting here. My phone is completely stock, not debloated nor rooted. In fact, as far as I can tell there hasn't been any sort of updates to software/firmware since I bought the phone. Anyone have any similar experience or solutions?

I know Triangle Away should probably fix the bootscreen, but I'm wanting to fix the cause, not the effect. There may or may not be increased battery drain since the "Custom" message appeared, it's hard for me to tell with the phone being so new and my usage varies day to day. Any info/comments/questions/advice is appreciated!

Nothing...?

joshuadjohnson22

Oct 27, 2011
Atlanta

It happens with root and/or busy box. Install super su and update the binaries. Worked ofr me

pham818

Dec 4, 2011
Portland

why does it matter? you aren't going to return it or anything. you said you "love it" so yeah...

gdespaux2010

May 16, 2012
why does it matter? you aren't going to return it or anything. you said you "love it" so yeah...

Since when did this forum go hostile? I'm more worried about what this might be a sign of. The phone is NEW, STOCK, and showing a custom unlocked bootscreen from nowhere. If you can't help, please don't reply criticizing me for wanting to make sure my phone is working properly. Thanks.

Reactions: ytsud

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Since when did this forum go hostile? I'm more worried about what this might be a sign of. The phone is NEW, STOCK, and showing a custom unlocked bootscreen from nowhere. If you can't help, please don't reply criticizing me for wanting to make sure my phone is working properly. Thanks.