[Q] Galaxy Spica only booting up to Recovery menu

Search This thread

sotodo

May 9, 2011
I rooted my phone successfully and everything worked and for some reason i tried to format my memorystick because apps to sd didnt work.
So now my phone only boots into recovery mode and i cant get out.
I have tried flashing it again with Odin and installing android 2.2 again but nothing seems to work.

Have anyone else experienced this? What do i do to fix it?

padfootzhere

Jan 13, 2011
Found any Solution

Hi! Did you find any solution?! I am facing the same problem since yesterday. Formatted the card like you did and stuck with the boot screen and recovery menu. Nothing more. This's a rooted phone and hence the boot screen has also changed. How to flash to original 2.1 so that I could at least drop it at the service center? Thanks in advance!

sotodo

May 9, 2011
A difficult thing to fix

Hi! Did you find any solution?! I am facing the same problem since yesterday. Formatted the card like you did and stuck with the boot screen and recovery menu. Nothing more. This's a rooted phone and hence the boot screen has also changed. How to flash to original 2.1 so that I could at least drop it at the service center? Thanks in advance!

Nope, i just layed my phone on the shelf and forgot it.
I tried reflashing and installing other types of android 2.2 and 2.1 but it didnt work.

JR-P20PRO

Oct 23, 2010
Sunderland
had the same issue before, sorted now. what you need to do is install a clean firmware, I tried all until I came across i570EXXJCB, I installed that and my phone would boot normally. I then installed Lk2.08 and upgrade straight to SpicagenMod. Worked for me. best of luck.

sotodo

May 9, 2011
How?

had the same issue before, sorted now. what you need to do is install a clean firmware, I tried all until I came across i570EXXJCB, I installed that and my phone would boot normally. I then installed Lk2.08 and upgrade straight to SpicagenMod. Worked for me. best of luck.

But how did you install clean firmware?

JR-P20PRO

Oct 23, 2010
Sunderland
He done it through Odin, same happened to me YESTERDAY. Pissed me right off, after formatting my SD card :S. Sorted now though. Flash JCB via ODIN and then install your LK2-08 PDA and goto SPicagen or whatever mod after :D

silverchairbg

May 13, 2012
This solution did not work for me. I'm on a different Galaxy phone, but same exact problem, installing clean/original firmware made no difference, it still boots into recovery even though the boot screen has changes according to the ROM I've installed. This seems like a major Samsung goof :(

JR-P20PRO

Oct 23, 2010
Sunderland
This solution did not work for me. I'm on a different Galaxy phone, but same exact problem, installing clean/original firmware made no difference, it still boots into recovery even though the boot screen has changes according to the ROM I've installed. This seems like a major Samsung goof :(
did you do it through ODIN? I can't remember exactly, this is over a year ago now.. but I remember I had to flash an official firmware that was close to the version that came with my device.. Eclair if I'm not mistaken.. depending on your galaxy device, try and flash the original firmware that came with your phone :)