[Q] Galaxy Tab Face Unlock?

Search This thread

D33KK

Sep 20, 2009
Hi, I'm wondering if the CM9 or any other ICS ROMS for the wifi only version of the galaxy tab features face unlock?
Getting my tab tomorrow!
Thanks,:D

slack04

May 4, 2010
Hi, I'm wondering if the CM9 or any other ICS ROMS for the wifi only version of the galaxy tab features face unlock?
Getting my tab tomorrow!

Unfortunately (as you'll find out soon once you start reading these forums) until Samsung releases ICS official for the GT10.1, we don't have camera drivers that work with ICS. So, unfortunately, the answer to your question is no, but probably will happen within a few hours of Samsung releasing ICS (whenever that is....). As far as I've heard, it's a pretty gimmicky feature anyways (doesn't work in the dark, doesn't always recognize, slow...)

BTW, if you must, go ahead and suggest that someone use the driver from HC. I'm sure nobody has thought of that yet. (Excuse the sarcasm. Every time a new person finds out that we can't use the camera without Samsung's drivers, they always suggest something simple, as if none of the devs had considered it before...).

Reactions: D33KK

D33KK

Sep 20, 2009
Ah ok, waiting for 4.0 on my xperia S as well, getting sick of waiting! Haha :D

Sent from my LT26i using XDA

Swammy1979

Apr 8, 2012
Los Angles, CA
BTW, if you must, go ahead and suggest that someone use the driver from HC. I'm sure nobody has thought of that yet. (Excuse the sarcasm. Every time a new person finds out that we can't use the camera without Samsung's drivers, they always suggest something simple, as if none of the devs had considered it before...).

Hrmmmm....I have an idea. Why don't they just use the honeycomb drivers? (Slight sarcasm)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Getting my tab tomorrow!

Unfortunately (as you'll find out soon once you start reading these forums) until Samsung releases ICS official for the GT10.1, we don't have camera drivers that work with ICS. So, unfortunately, the answer to your question is no, but probably will happen within a few hours of Samsung releasing ICS (whenever that is....). As far as I've heard, it's a pretty gimmicky feature anyways (doesn't work in the dark, doesn't always recognize, slow...)