• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Galaxy y Bootloop Issue

Search This thread

djaychela

Dec 23, 2006
Hi All

I have the same issue as above. Galaxy Y GT-S5360. It's my step-son's. It's boot looping, so I've done the following:

Got it into download mode, and used ODIN 1.85 to install S5360_XXKK6_OXXKK2_XXKK5 from Doky's thread. No change.

Used ODIN 1.85 to install S5360_XXLA2_OXXLA2_XXLA2 - No change, still boot looping.

Installed the White 1.0.1 kernel using ODIN

I've got CWM on the SD card, and can install that from the stock recovery and use it, but it doesn't stay installed, but I believe this to be usual.

I've tried installing Cyanogenmod 7 and 9 (unofficial) from CWM, which it says is OK, but doesn't work - still the same boot loop.

However, I note in CWM there is an error message that mounting of /data failed.

I'm not a complete numpty (I've rooted and flashed most of the android devices I've had before, and managed so far), but I'm stuck here. If the phone is for the bin then fair enough, but as it seems not to be bricked, I'd like to get it working if possible.

All help or advice is appreciated!

P

Psykic

i think there is something wrong with your data partition (obvious :p)
now you might find a way to revive your phone but it may hav lesser memory in that partition

if you can't mount data try formatting it and it would be way more helpful if you could state the error

you could search for another cwm skin (yours might be the corrupt one ..search for cwm by madteam)

you shud wait after flashing throughodin since first boot needs time

dats all i cud come up with .... u cud search for more ...

Edit:is this your problem? - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2122370

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

amtra

Jun 28, 2012
Chennai
Hi All

I have the same issue as above. Galaxy Y GT-S5360. It's my step-son's. It's boot looping, so I've done the following:

Got it into download mode, and used ODIN 1.85 to install S5360_XXKK6_OXXKK2_XXKK5 from Doky's thread. No change.

Used ODIN 1.85 to install S5360_XXLA2_OXXLA2_XXLA2 - No change, still boot looping.

Installed the White 1.0.1 kernel using ODIN

I've got CWM on the SD card, and can install that from the stock recovery and use it, but it doesn't stay installed, but I believe this to be usual.

I've tried installing Cyanogenmod 7 and 9 (unofficial) from CWM, which it says is OK, but doesn't work - still the same boot loop.

However, I note in CWM there is an error message that mounting of /data failed.

I'm not a complete numpty (I've rooted and flashed most of the android devices I've had before, and managed so far), but I'm stuck here. If the phone is for the bin then fair enough, but as it seems not to be bricked, I'd like to get it working if possible.

All help or advice is appreciated!

Again flash stock via ODIN n use pit file and check repartition... Try n report.

djaychela

Dec 23, 2006
Again flash stock via ODIN n use pit file and check repartition... Try n report.
Hi

I've done it, using the PIT file (torotoro_0623.pit), still the same situation, boot looping through Samsung logo and animation.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Edit:is this your problem? - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2122370

BRILLIANT!

That fixed it - I guess the bootloader (which wasn't included in any of the other flash packages) was the problem - fixed it in minutes.

Thanks again, hope that this sorts someone else's issue.

hirenpandya1983

May 26, 2013
Does't entering into recovery mode

Please Help me my galaxy y GT-S5360 Wont Start after installing Hyperion 7 Goldmaster..
Every thing Goes fine until i rebooted my phone in recovery mode..
Samsung galaxy logo comes in and after 2 seconds goes off and on in 2 seconds..
Phone does't entering into recovery mode..
Only download mode works..

<ID:0/023> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> S5360DXKJ3_S5360OLBKJ2_S5360DXKJ1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/023> Odin v.3 engine (ID:23)..
<ID:0/023> File analysis..
<ID:0/023> SetupConnection..

Galaxy_Rohit

Sep 25, 2012
Electrifying
Please Help me my galaxy y GT-S5360 Wont Start after installing Hyperion 7 Goldmaster..

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

U need to check the name of ur .ops (or similar pit file)... However, if prob. still persists, then flash a different stock firmware & see.

Sent Via XDA™ Premium

amtra

Jun 28, 2012
Chennai

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

I think u downloaded ur firmware from samsung official site.
try to split it using Splitfs method by dokhy73 method and try to flash n report.

wishinfinity

Dec 2, 2013
Galaxy Y Bootlop Issue

Originally Posted by hirenpandya1983 View Post

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Leave CS..

Flash a new stock firmware using odin. I suggest DDLK2.

Synop5is

Aug 11, 2014
Hi sorry to hijack a post but I'm not sure where to post. My fathers phone is stuck in bootloop. I have gone into recovery menu tried clearing cache and hard reset, no joy. So I thought I will need to flash a stock Rom using Odin. Downloaded the USB drivers but when I connected the phone it doesn't find Cdc and obex drivers and says driver install failed but when I connect my s3 it detects no problem and installs drivers. I can't seem to get past this no matter what I do. Various versions of drivers tried even tried kies. You think it's a hardware fail?

Rashid224

Aug 26, 2014
G

Hi sorry to hijack a post but I'm not sure where to post. My fathers phone is stuck in bootloop. I have gone into recovery menu tried clearing cache and hard reset, no joy. So I thought I will need to flash a stock Rom using Odin. Downloaded the USB drivers but when I connected the phone it doesn't find Cdc and obex drivers and says driver install failed but when I connect my s3 it detects no problem and installs drivers. I can't seem to get past this no matter what I do. Various versions of drivers tried even tried kies. You think it's a hardware fail?

I had a problem that my galaxy y is restarting on the photo galaxy y
HELP

kimkimkim09

Aug 26, 2014

Please visit sir marcuss smith's thread I think theres the necessary files needed for a reset.

"Having A Kind Heart In A Cruel World is courage, Not Weakness"

Press The Thanks Button If I Ever Helped You!

phanivasu28

May 5, 2013
my phones got stuck in same problem and i cant go into download mode...

So u cant access recovery mode ?

my phones got stuck in the same problem and when ever i go into download mode to flash a stock rom it keeps getting off and on and so onn...
plz help me with this issue
btw i have installled a custom rom long time back but reverted back to stock rom and used the phone for nearly 1 year after installing stock rom ,,
suddenly it got into this loop....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i agree,maybe there is something wrong wid the hardware not the system..

☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Thank you for the advice
    Now im not going to delete this thread as it may help someone..
    ok tell me how u entered into CWM mode?

Stupid question..i dont think there are many ways to go in cwm.:thumbup::confused:

Sent from my GT-S6102 using xda app-developers app
    Finally i restored back my SGY without going to service center..
    Tried several combos and got back my SGY.. Try this if you have same problem...

Combo 1
    1. Flash with ODIN v3.07(Stock Rom Any region)
    2. only(PDA , CSC , Modem along with PIT file)
    After finishing Combo1 Check of download mode is Working If yes Combo 2

Combo 2
    1. again Flash with ODIN v3.07(Same stock Firmware used in Combo 1)
    2. now only(Bootloader , CSC , Modem ,PDA) No PIT File(Important)
    After finishing See your SGY it boots up normally And finally Enjoy...

Use this PIT
    View attachment totoro_0623.rar