• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Gionee E7 automatic sms sending issues after Kitkat update.

Search This thread

Chandu245

Oct 20, 2012
Bangalore
Hi Guys,

This is the issue I am facing after Kitkat update.The phone sends automatic sms to some unknown number for every reboot or shutdown and the worst thing is that for every sms it takes away 1.50 Rs from my prepaid balance.

Anyone knows which culprit app is responsible for this issue?
I tried a lot searching my phone,I cudn't find any such.

Please let me know how to fix this issue.

-Thanks
Chandu

Muresan01

Mar 24, 2015
He is charged because this rom has 2 programs that sends automatic messages and need to Be deleted.*

Salestatistic and
Salestrack*

You need Root for that.
Also You can shut them down by modify build.prop lines:
ro.gn.oversea.salestrack.gi=yes
ro.gn.oversea.salestrack.gi=no

You should do both for safety.*
The messages are sent to

Also,for fun,You can change those numbers with any so the messages will Be sent to that number.

The messages contains phone imei,operator code and other things about phone.

The messages are being sent every time You power on your phone and yes,IT charges your phone bill.*

Sent from my E7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: abrar92167789

hackvier1

Oct 16, 2011
Install without SIM, change the lines on buildprop, freeze the system apk's "salestrack" and "salestatistic" with Titanium backup or similar, and problem solved!!

milumil

Mar 1, 2013
Hi Guys,

This is the issue I am facing after Kitkat update.The phone sends automatic sms to some unknown number for every reboot or shutdown and the worst thing is that for every sms it takes away 1.50 Rs from my prepaid balance.

-Thanks
Chandu

change this
/system/build.prop............ ro.gn.oversea.salestrack.gi=yes in ro.gn.oversea.salestrack.gi=no

Reactions: dedalo83

sapnil2016

Jul 18, 2016
How to Root for that "Salestatistic and Salestrack*" my Phone Model Gionee M2

Dear Muresan01

Will you please tell me in details How I do Root the following for my Gionee M2 .

Waiting for your earliest response

Regards

Sapnil

He is charged because this rom has 2 programs that sends automatic messages and need to Be deleted.*

Salestatistic and
Salestrack*

You need Root for that.

The messages are sent to

Also,for fun,You can change those numbers with any so the messages will Be sent to that number.

The messages are being sent every time You power on your phone and yes,IT charges your phone bill.*

eran.langa

Jan 12, 2013
**** gionee

because of the ****ing app i have charged of 30$ last month!!! 190 sms to number in India.
lets sue them. they proberly did milion from this fraud.

IrfanAliK09

Dec 28, 2018
Easy way to stop any Gionee mobile to Send Automatic SMS

Code:
As many Gionee users are experiencing that there mobile is sending automatic SMS to company without Their permission , its due the Indian manufactures Of Gionee installed Gn_statistics or gn_statisticsale odex file to collect data from users regarding imei , location etc. But the worse part is it collects the data over and over like More than 100> SMS Per Day are sent to Gionee, which results in balance deduction of the User .

There are many methods Like Rooting etc but Simple and most convient is brought by me(Irfan Ali)

Just Install the 2 apps from the below link -
Link is not working so msg me i will provide these 2 app
Install and reboot your mobile
Voila . Your problem ResolvedThanks me later

chkb

Fix for Gionee phones sending SMS without permission

Here is what you can do to fix this issue. This was provided to me when I called in Gionee Support.

1. WhatsApp "Hi" to this number : +91 8448895071
2. You will get two .apks from that number.
3. Install the two .apks and then reboot the phone.

According to the support person, it would take a couple of hours for the fix to work.

abrar92167789

Mar 8, 2019

Salestatistic and
Salestrack*

You need Root for that.

The messages are sent to

Thanks a lot bro... Your solution worked for me.
I am using a gionee S6s phone in Pakistan, this problem started when i upgraded to android 7.0. It kept sending sms again and again and every sms was charged me Rs: 20 (To India).
I found salestrack app and froze it with titanium backup, also edited build.prop. But i couldn't find salestatistic app.

amoljdv06

Jun 4, 2019
Hi
Follow below Step to solve problem
1. Dial *#46669#
2. It will open pop up, click on WRITE SEND FLAG
3. Click on CLEAR DATA
4. Restart mobile

It will solve your mentioned problem

Or
Call customer care Toll Free: 18002081166

12345gionee

Jun 6, 2019
Please help

Please help. I am facing same issue. My phone is sending SMS to India, when I have it with me abroad. I want to do this as recommended" You need Root for that.
ro.gn.oversea.salestrack.gi=no"
But I am a beginner. How / in which menu/ in which app can I modify the build prop line? Please help. Thanks . Anna

Graceville

Jul 4, 2019
As many Gionee users are experiencing that there mobile is sending automatic SMS to company without Their permission , its due the Indian manufactures Of Gionee installed Gn_statistics or gn_statisticsale odex file to collect data from users regarding imei , location etc. But the worse part is it collects the data over and over like More than 100> SMS Per Day are sent to Gionee, which results in balance deduction of the User .

There are many methods Like Rooting etc but Simple and most convient is brought by me(Irfan Ali)

Just Install the 2 apps from the below link -
Link is not working so msg me i will provide these 2 app
Install and reboot your mobile
Voila . Your problem ResolvedThanks me later
Please send me the link I am having this issue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Salestatistic and
    Salestrack*

You need Root for that.

The messages are sent to

Hi Guys,

-Thanks
    Chandu

change this
    /system/build.prop............ ro.gn.oversea.salestrack.gi=yes in ro.gn.oversea.salestrack.gi=no