• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] Google Chrome browser for Android lag

Search This thread

ItBankRock

Jan 14, 2012
Lipa City
Anyone here experiencing lags with Google's Chrome browser for android? I did not experience this before, but with the new update yes.

The scrolling is stuttering so bad :/

P.S. I'm on XZXperience 2 ROM for Acro S

Last edited:

Vaith

Feb 15, 2011
Send them a report instead of making new unnecessary thread. We aren't Google and we can't help you.

Sent from my LT26i using xda developers-app

ItBankRock

Jan 14, 2012
Lipa City
Send them a report instead of making new unnecessary thread. We aren't Google and we can't help you.

I'm not necessarily asking for help, I'm just asking if someone else LIKE YOU is experiencing the same issue, are we clear here? No need to get mad -_-

And no, THIS IS Q&A SECTION for fcks sake, noobish/unneeded threads ARE TO BE INSIDE HERE, not in the development section since it's for DEVS.

Last edited:
Reactions: SahilC

revan17

Dec 23, 2010
Zagreb
Chrome for Android, or for our device, simply sucks IMO. Slow when switching back/forward and has an incredibly annoying bug when you're searching for something on Google(ironic) and when you input letters, they misteriously get deleted, switched around, etc. It works when you're searching from the address bar but when you're on google.com and editing the search field, things get messed up seriously.

I can not recommend Opera Mobile enough. It's fast as hell and offers more features IMO. If syncing your browsing history is not of huge importance, switch to Opera.

ItBankRock

Jan 14, 2012
Lipa City
Chrome for Android, or for our device, simply sucks IMO. Slow when switching back/forward and has an incredibly annoying bug when you're searching for something on Google(ironic) and when you input letters, they misteriously get deleted, switched around, etc. It works when you're searching from the address bar but when you're on google.com and editing the search field, things get messed up seriously.

I can not recommend Opera Mobile enough. It's fast as hell and offers more features IMO. If syncing your browsing history is not of huge importance, switch to Opera.

Yey finally some constructive feedback! Thanks! Will try out Opera :)

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto

This was fixed already.

@topic: Chrome (Beta) is on my phone for two main reasons only: In case I need my favorites from the PC and to use incognito.

Dnst

Nov 23, 2008

Not anymore, since with the last update they messed the whole thing up. I experience drastic lags during the most simple tasks (scrolling mobile sites).

trajano

Dec 14, 2010

It isn't just your device, I am on the Galaxy Nexus and simple things like starting up and typing a URL is very laggy. I will try Opera Mobile, I'll miss the browser sync though.

bluechelsea

Dec 24, 2012
I don't get why people use chrome, opera etc when the stock browser is smoother, simpler and has better functionality.

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

bobby8921

Jul 20, 2009
I also use the stock browser which work perfectly.
Each time I try a new browser, I come back to the stock one which has no major issue compare to others

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm not necessarily asking for help, I'm just asking if someone else LIKE YOU is experiencing the same issue, are we clear here? No need to get mad -_-

And no, THIS IS Q&A SECTION for fcks sake, noobish/unneeded threads ARE TO BE INSIDE HERE, not in the development section since it's for DEVS.
    Yey finally some constructive feedback! Thanks! Will try out Opera :)

Opera Mini doesn't have Flash Player but Opera Mobile support it. You don't have to install Flash Player, it's builded in browser. You can also try new Opera Beta, which is theoretically same as Chrome.