[Q] Google Voice on the Infuse

Search This thread

marty331

Jun 29, 2011
Dallas, TX
I am using/attempting to use Google Voice as my voicemail system and I continue to be 'logged out' of the system and keep being forced to Set up Google Voice anytime I reboot.

I can go through the steps for set up fine until I get to Set Up Voicemail. There is a Configure button which I push and am I'm given the selection of using Google Voice or My Carrier. I choose Google Voice and then put in the number for my Google Voice account. Then I get a message that says 'No Changes were made.' I click OK and then I'm taken back to the 'Set up Voicemail' screen.

I have the option to 'Skip', which I have to do to finish the setup. At this point I receive my voicemail notifications until I reboot my phone, then I have to do this process again.

Has anyone else encountered this? Oh and I am on ATT. I am running Infused 1.53, but I originally set this up when I was stock and flashing Infused did not changed anything.

Thanks in advance!

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
yeah, took me a while to figure out but the app isn't running the mmi code but you can run it manually.

go into voice.google.com or www.google.com/voice click on you're voicemail access number or the phone tab. make you should see you're cell phone number and carrier in there. if not there should be a way to add them. next to the cell number it will say in blue "activate mailbox" or something to that effect. xlixk it and it will give you an mmi code. then from the cell phone type the code into the dialer and hit the call button. you should get a message that conditional call forwarding has been setup. test it by calling yourself feom another phone and rejecting the call. once you leave a message refresh the google.com/voice page and it should now show deactivate mailbox as an option. the app should show a new vm and transcribe it for you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yeah, took me a while to figure out but the app isn't running the mmi code but you can run it manually.

go into voice.google.com or www.google.com/voice click on you're voicemail access number or the phone tab. make you should see you're cell phone number and carrier in there. if not there should be a way to add them. next to the cell number it will say in blue "activate mailbox" or something to that effect. xlixk it and it will give you an mmi code. then from the cell phone type the code into the dialer and hit the call button. you should get a message that conditional call forwarding has been setup. test it by calling yourself feom another phone and rejecting the call. once you leave a message refresh the google.com/voice page and it should now show deactivate mailbox as an option. the app should show a new vm and transcribe it for you.