[Q] Got Galaxy S6 live demo unit. Model no. SM-G920X. Need help

Search This thread

seargent007

May 29, 2007
Nah, I tried that as well and that didn't work. It Odin flashed the other partition and then it just hang there.

That would be related to the ROM in question then. Hidden is basically all junk/bloatware data. As long as the partition itself isn't flat out corrupted the system doesn't care about what's there other than to install APKs put inside on first boot.

superman56462

Dec 10, 2015
galaxy s6 stuck on boot

can anyone help me with my live demo unit? I tried to install a stock rom and now is stuck at boot screen. Can someone provide me the stock rom for g920x? Thanks in advance.

cameoalex

Apr 28, 2008
Hi there, I also have a DEMO Unit here SM-G920x, after a lot of back and forth, and a short period of "bricked" I managed to install TWRP via Odin, and then flashed this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...xtrestolite-deodexed-mod-edition-1-0-t3094423 via TWRP , it seems to be working fine until now, all demo stuff is gone. It was even asking for the Sim pin, which I didn't have. I will report back when I tested a little more.

Hello, I have a G920x LMY47X.G920XXXU1COH3_LLK. It caharges only at 70%. Any ideea how to fix this?
Thank you!

polodeus

Mar 3, 2016
Hi everyone i'm from poland so sorry for my english, yesterday i bought my Galaxy S6 LDU, but i can't turn the phone on. I Can only go into download mode, and when i try to install any rom in odin there is command : "there is no pit partition" and operation is failed.. Can anyone send me The PIT file for SM-G920X?

w69

May 28, 2010
Islamabad
I have demo unit of htc one M8. I rooted and installed custom rom. Its works like a normal phone now. Hope this can be applied on Samsung as well. Let me know if u already tried that. Someone is selling Samsung S7 live demo unit in my area. Im thinking to get it if it works like that.

buzz71

Jan 20, 2009
If you download this.
https://download.chainfire.eu/733/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-zeroflte-zerofltexx-smg920f.zip

Extract it. There is a copy of Odin in there and the file you need to flash with Odin.
Run Odin. The window will open....

Shutdown the demo unit. Then hold down down+home+power until the logo "demo unit" etc comes on.

It will go into the warning page. Press up to put it in download mode.
Connect your computer to the unit with the USB.

But my guess is of yours is the same as mine Odin won't recognise the unit.
Does Odin show a blue/green bar?
Does text come up in the message window?

If it does find the zip file that came along with Odin inside the original file I linked. Put it in the box that says PDA (or its PA now I think from memory they relabelled it.)
Press start.

I bet it doesn't work and nothing will change.
hello i have done this...now i can see 3 apps: "superuser ", "retail mode", and " samsung retail mode".
in "samsung retail mode" it ask to me after tap configuguration setting, "checkin admin password.
now this is my problem...who can help me?

quatzar

Apr 14, 2011

alhajiwalkiya

Jun 18, 2016
just updated a samsung s6 live demo unit but after installing the updates finger print and backup password are not responding...please can someone help me with solution?

Zack Brown

Apr 10, 2016
Im updated my samsung s6 LDU, but after installing the updates fingerprint doesn't work and disappear from setting ,any solution?

dreadk3vlar

Jul 25, 2016
If I replace the mainboard with a board from a original disassembled s6, will it make it gsm working phone ? I don't know if the ldu has gsm antennas though...

sohansonu

May 9, 2015
Bangalore
How do I remove the screen burn in... It's still bothering me after flashing the firmware which has everything hidden. I had an option to remove it within the retail mode app but now I don't.

sim_tcr

May 2, 2013
Bangalore
raspisimon.no-ip.org
Hello,

I got a Samsung galaxy s6 SM-G920X live demo unit. I was able to flash twrp 2.8.7.1 and then root it. I tested that root works fine by installing root checker application and also by uninstalling some system apps (like retail mode app) using es explorer's root explorer option.

I would like to know if some one here flashed any working custom ROM on this model successfully.
If so could you please post the details on it?

Thanks,
Simon Mandy

sim_tcr

May 2, 2013
Bangalore
raspisimon.no-ip.org
Hello,

I spend couple of days. And so far i have been able to flash twrp 3.1.1-0-zeroflte and root the device with stock android 5.1.1
The device is SM-G920X live demo unit.
I tried several firmware (After removing hidden.img, cm.bin, sboot.bin and modem.bin) from sammobile for SM-G920F and none of them booted.
Can any one post a direct download link for mm rom which work this particular device?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to Unbricked & Root Galaxy S6 Demo Unit SM-G920X

Hi All,
    finally i got the solution for Bricked S6 demo unit model is SM-G920X.
    if you'r phone has been bricked bcoz of rooting or installing TWRP. so here is the solution. i am happy to share the info here on xda.

goto download mode (Power+Vol down+ home)
    in download below file (CF-Auto-Root-zeroflte-zerofltedv-smg920i.zip)
    make sure model is 920i
    https://download.chainfire.eu/736/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-zeroflte-zerofltedv-smg920i.zip

waiting for thanks .......
    same here , i did the same with my S6 demo unit model is SM-G920X.

i am looking for odin flashable file for demo phone only.
    Hi there, I also have a DEMO Unit here SM-G920x, after a lot of back and forth, and a short period of "bricked" I managed to install TWRP via Odin, and then flashed this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...xtrestolite-deodexed-mod-edition-1-0-t3094423 via TWRP , it seems to be working fine until now, all demo stuff is gone. It was even asking for the Sim pin, which I didn't have. I will report back when I tested a little more.
    I would love to but I went looking for what you'd used. found the factory reset code. wiped.

signed in including the fingerprint thing. Samsung installed a software update even though I didn't sign in for samsung. wouldn't let me cancel it. It auto rebooted. Now I can't unlock the damn thing. It knows it should check for thumb prints. won't do it. There is a backup password thing but it won't let me use it.... I'm locked out.

It might be deliberate.
    So does anyone think it would be possible to connect/install the necessary hardware from a non-demo device and get these live demo units to work as a full-fledged device?
    every LDU generation the same questions ... :D
    I didn't open a S6 demo unit but other samsung demo devices. There are ICs missing on the mainboard. I doubt you could buy this special hardware somewhere. Then, these chips have to be soldered ... (from the backside), the contacts are missing on the board ...
    So my answer is no, not without changing the mainboard. You probably could use the board of a crashed phone and put it in the demo device (when they did not change anything else) for former LDUs this was possible.
    If you download this.
    https://download.chainfire.eu/733/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-zeroflte-zerofltexx-smg920f.zip

Extract it. There is a copy of Odin in there and the file you need to flash with Odin.
    Run Odin. The window will open....

Shutdown the demo unit. Then hold down down+home+power until the logo "demo unit" etc comes on.

It will go into the warning page. Press up to put it in download mode.
    Connect your computer to the unit with the USB.

But my guess is of yours is the same as mine Odin won't recognise the unit.
    Does Odin show a blue/green bar?
    Does text come up in the message window?

If it does find the zip file that came along with Odin inside the original file I linked. Put it in the box that says PDA (or its PA now I think from memory they relabelled it.)
    Press start.

I bet it doesn't work and nothing will change.

After flashing this file my demo live unit stuck on Samsung logo, any help please