• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] GT-I9192 Overheating on 5.1.1

Search This thread

aseem00y

Oct 26, 2013
Patna
Is it only me or my gt-i9192 overheats to upto 70C while charging and 50C in normal usage?
I cant make sure its the battery or the system itself, but my guesses are, its the battery
however underclocking lowers the temperature a bit.So it could be the system itself too.

PS. Its only on 5.1.x . I tried 5.0, works quite fine but low battery life, tried A5 Four Rom, is kitkat and works just great, no probs at all
Help?

matesurano

Oct 11, 2014
Is it only me or my gt-i9192 overheats to upto 70C while charging and 50C in normal usage?
I cant make sure its the battery or the system itself, but my guesses are, its the battery
however underclocking lowers the temperature a bit.So it could be the system itself too.

PS. Its only on 5.1.x . I tried 5.0, works quite fine but low battery life, tried A5 Four Rom, is kitkat and works just great, no probs at all
Help?
Hi. First you should be more specific like which rom u are using. And did you install the rom properly, i mean full wipes and formats etc.
while charging, devices do heat up a bit, but 70C is high guess. And by normal usage if you mean gaming and surfing on 3g then 50C is ok i guess. May be try some other rom..........just my opinion.

My device: GT-9192

aseem00y

Oct 26, 2013
Patna
Hi. First you should be more specific like which rom u are using. And did you install the rom properly, i mean full wipes and formats etc.
while charging, devices do heat up a bit, but 70C is high guess. And by normal usage if you mean gaming and surfing on 3g then 50C is ok i guess. May be try some other rom..........just my opinion.

My device: GT-9192

Roms tried : Each and every single one of them [4.4+] including the latest 3 builds of them all !!!
Yep you read it right, top 3 builds of each and every 5.1.x rom for i9192.

And 50C on normal usage like surfing on WiFi and calling.
70C on Wifi + Charging. Even a few minutes of calling heats it so bad that at times I need to use earphones. Gaming? Cant even think of that in this case.

matesurano

Oct 11, 2014
Roms tried : Each and every single one of them [4.4+] including the latest 3 builds of them all !!!
Yep you read it right, top 3 builds of each and every 5.1.x rom for i9192.

And 50C on normal usage like surfing on WiFi and calling.
70C on Wifi + Charging. Even a few minutes of calling heats it so bad that at times I need to use earphones. Gaming? Cant even think of that in this case.

Well, in that case i there must be some hardware problems(like battery etc.). But before jumping to that conclusion it would be better if you rule out any software(like any rouge apps, old n incompatible app versions,background services, uncleaned flashing, un-optimized Rom etc.) problems.
Note: I have used PACMAN ROM 4.4.4 for 4 months....zero problems. Right now using SOKP since last 3 days, so far no bugs. Well there are some, but they are inherited from CM12/12.1 base. AND I DO NOT USE GAPPS. Also, give any new rom 3-4 days to settle down.

aseem00y

Oct 26, 2013
Patna
Well, in that case i there must be some hardware problems(like battery etc.). But before jumping to that conclusion it would be better if you rule out any software(like any rouge apps, old n incompatible app versions,background services, uncleaned flashing, un-optimized Rom etc.) problems.
Note: I have used PACMAN ROM 4.4.4 for 4 months....zero problems. Right now using SOKP since last 3 days, so far no bugs. Well there are some, but they are inherited from CM12/12.1 base. AND I DO NOT USE GAPPS. Also, give any new rom 3-4 days to settle down.

Thanks for the help :D
As far as I think, it could be a faulty battery. Will look towards replacing later.
Until then, I had to settle on TouchWiz.
Gotta say,its cool too, but just too slow.

BioGenX

Feb 16, 2015
I had the same issues. It can be ROM/kernel/gapps related.
I use f4k's CM12.1 03062015 build and 2.3 kernel with stock gapps package and my device is cool again, though it heats up a bit at charge but I use 2Amp charger and fastcharge.