[Q] GTablet Won't Respond After Attempting Clockwork

Search This thread

starfltcdrjr

Apr 23, 2011
So I successfully (I think) took my gtab back to stock rom using NVFlash. Then When i try to install clockwork mod (to eventually move to TNT lite 4.4) I killed it. I copied over the update.zip and recovery folder when attempting to do clockwork. Then I powered down. Now it won't do anything. ie. The screen doesn't even turn on. I tried disconnecting the main battery and letting it sit for up to 20 sec but that doesn't help either. Won't turn on while holding +Vol either (that's how I tried first).

K J Rad

Jan 7, 2011
Connect it to your computer via USB and see if it's in APX mode. If it is then you'll likely need to nvflash again. If you do make sure that you are using the right drivers and bekit's 1105 image. Then once you have it up and running you'll likely need to repartition it.

starfltcdrjr

Apr 23, 2011
ok. And if that works Can I update the tablet with the new viewsonic release or do I have to keep the old version to run clockwork and then tnt 4.4? I guess 5 has been taken down?

K J Rad

Jan 7, 2011
The latest Viewsonic release (build 4349) is NOT compatible with the standard clockworkmod.

TnTLite has been retired and replaced by it's developer with Mountain Laurel which you can find over at SlateDroid. It is based on the latest stock build so you could upgrade to that with no trouble if you choose to.

starfltcdrjr

Apr 23, 2011
Alright. Thanks for the help so far. It was indeed still in apx mode. Any Idea's on how to get it out? I can NVFlash it with no problem but every time I reboot (update or just power down) it comes back in APX :( and I have to re-NVFlash.

thebadfrog

Nov 28, 2010
You have an APX brick. Unless KJ Rad has come up with a fix yet your stuck right nnow nvflashing everytime you boot

K J Rad

Jan 7, 2011
Alright. Thanks for the help so far. It was indeed still in apx mode. Any Idea's on how to get it out? I can NVFlash it with no problem but every time I reboot (update or just power down) it comes back in APX :( and I have to re-NVFlash.

1) nvflash - bekit's 1105 image (nvflash _gtablet_2010110500.zip)
2) wipe data/cache
3) Install CWM
4) reboot into CWM
5) repartition 2048 and 0
6) nvflash bekit's 1105 image again
7) wipe data/cache

If you get any error at any step (especially during the nvflash) stop and let me know. If you're not sure how to do any of those steps I'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

I'm hoping to have something better than this in the next few days but for now this is the best we have to get you working at a good factory load.

K J Rad

Jan 7, 2011
2) Wipe Data: This can be done either through "Settings - Security - Factory Data Reset" or Method I from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1030915

3) Install ClockworkMod (CWM): The first part of this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=865245 (Just do the CWM install)

4) Shutdown the tablet then restart it while holding down the Volume Up key until the words "Recovery Key Detected" appear in the upper left hand corner of the VS Birds Logo screen.

5) Once in CWM, Look for partitioning under Advanced menu. Select it and answer the two questions 2048 and 0. This will take a few minutes.

Reactions: starfltcdrjr

starfltcdrjr

Apr 23, 2011
update: Ok I think its out of its APX loop (somehow) Now in version 1.0-2638.

Another update:

Boy am I a dumbass. When I put the thing back together I put the VOL key in backwards.... DOH! CW mod is working fine.

I'm guessing I need to update stock software to get best results now? Is that possiblcard if I can't get it to boot in anything but APX anyway???

Last edited:

K J Rad

Jan 7, 2011
I was hoping the data wipe would clear the loop. What ROM did you have on the device before all this started?

The best I've been able to do is using the NVFlash found here: http://droidpirate.com/2011/03/10/g-tab-users/

I can see the viewsonic splash for a split second at startup when holding the Vol+ and power then back to APX

Two things... First, I cannot help you effectively if you choose to use resources other than those I recommend. I have no idea what is in that nvflash from droidpirate nor do I have the time to research each and every one so please use the references I provide.

Second, Are you absolutely certain that you're holding down the Volume Up key to go into recovery? You'd be amazed how many folks (myself included) make a mistake here every now and then.

Last edited:

starfltcdrjr

Apr 23, 2011

Still can't boot into CW. (VOL+ + Power) DLed version 8 from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=865017

I'm guessing I'm unbricked but just using wrong CWMod version

is this the one I need?

I guess it depends on which ROM I'd like to run correct? If you could reccommend one and help me get there that'd be great.

K J Rad

Jan 7, 2011
That one should work fine for the ROM's on here. If you're going to use the VS stock 4349 build or one of Roebeet's ROM's from slatedroid then you'll need to use the one compiled for the 1.2 development branch.

starfltcdrjr

Apr 23, 2011

Another update:

Boy am I a dumbass. When I put the thing back together I put the VOL key in backwards.... DOH! CW mod is working fine.

I'm guessing I need to update stock software to get best results now? Is that possible without wifi as I won't have that until the weekend?

I've re-partitioned the SD card.

I'm going to try and get TNT light 4.2.1 from droidpirate to run

Last edited:

simmo35

Apr 27, 2011
2) Wipe Data: This can be done either through "Settings - Security - Factory Data Reset" or Method I from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1030915

3) Install ClockworkMod (CWM): The first part of this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=865245 (Just do the CWM install)

4) Shutdown the tablet then restart it while holding down the Volume Up key until the words "Recovery Key Detected" appear in the upper left hand corner of the VS Birds Logo screen.

5) Once in CWM, Look for partitioning under Advanced menu. Select it and answer the two questions 2048 and 0. This will take a few minutes.

Hi,

I'm in the APX loop and have been unable to progress through these instructions.

My error was that I successfully flashed CWM v08 and Vegan, then tried to use ROM Manager to switch to Cyanogen. ROM Manager forced me to update the CWM to 2.xx, and then on the reboot it had the 'Magic' error.

I've done NVFlash and can get into TnT but can't get past the APX loop to install the CWM (as per step 3) - my holding down power + vol+ just results in a black screen, then when I check for APX mode, it is still in that mode.

Step 2 (clear cache) forces a reboot - is that right? I've tried the other method of clearing cache ('Method I').

Any ideas? I only got this thing a few hours ago, lol!

K J Rad

Jan 7, 2011
Hi,

I'm in the APX loop and have been unable to progress through these instructions.

My error was that I successfully flashed CWM v08 and Vegan, then tried to use ROM Manager to switch to Cyanogen. ROM Manager forced me to update the CWM to 2.xx, and then on the reboot it had the 'Magic' error.

I've done NVFlash and can get into TnT but can't get past the APX loop to install the CWM (as per step 3) - my holding down power + vol+ just results in a black screen, then when I check for APX mode, it is still in that mode.

Step 2 (clear cache) forces a reboot - is that right? I've tried the other method of clearing cache ('Method I').

Any ideas? I only got this thing a few hours ago, lol!

And stop using ROM Manager

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.