[Q] [HELP] Bricked SGS4 i9505 ?

Search This thread

_Daga

Jan 4, 2014
Hello guys.
I do have an SGS4 i9505 which runs on CM for more than two years now.
In February 2015, I've installed TWRP 2.8.1.0 then CM12 and the associated GAPPS.
Today, May 20th, I did the update to CM12.1-20150519 from the updater of my phone (Settings, About..., CyanogenMod).
Unfortunately, since then, my phone does not want to boot anymore. It keeps boot looping. I can see the (nice) "Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505" screen but nothing more.
I can access the Download Mode but only for a couple seconds, then the phone shuts down.
I can press the VolDown + Power button to try to access my recovery (TWRP 2.8.1.0 as I previous mentioned). If I do see the same "Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505" screen with the "recovery access" message in blue in the top left corner of the screen, it does not launch it at all...

Have you guys any idea how I could resolve this issue which seems quite fatal ? Is my phone hard bricked ?

[05/21] EDIT : The battery does not seem to charge anymore. No LED noitification, no warm in the back of it.
[05/22] EDIT : The phone can not switch on properly, I have to withdraw then place it back in.

Thanks in advance,

Daga.

Last edited:

Lennyz1988

May 15, 2009
Amsterdam
No you can relax. It's your power button that is faulty. Either try to wiggle it lose or replace it. It costs around 2 dollar.

_Daga

Jan 4, 2014
I'll try it, thanks.
I did not mention it before (and just edited my first message this way), but I can not start my "phone normally". I hve to withdraw the battery then pu back in to do so.

Thanks again,
Daga.

_Daga

Jan 4, 2014
You bet it good on the Power button !
I used a needle and try to "extract" it. If I did not succeed in it, it made feel my phone way better.
Thanks a lot for the tip. I would not have imagined how a simple Power button could lead to such kind of troubles...
Have a nice week end guys, and thanks again.

Daga.