[Q] Help ES File Explorer Won't Install

Search This thread

eturk

Oct 14, 2014
With the NP upgrade to android 5.1.1, ES File Explorer has fallen behind and Google Play thinks the NP is no longer supported.

I emailed developer from within ES on my phone. Everyone email them and maybe they'll get their b*tts in gear and just change the supported version number.

Had to use ADB to install ES.

javicc32

May 6, 2015
I had the same problem

Hi there! I just got my Nexus Player in the mail, and I am having trouble installing ES File Explorer on it. When I go to download it from Google Play via my laptop, it says that "this item is not compatible with your device". I've updated the nexus player to version 5.1, and looked all over the web for a solution, but to no avail. Has anyone ran into this problem before?

Thanks in advance

I had the same problem , you have to install from the pc

Greetings

t166err

Nov 28, 2006
Hi there! I just got my Nexus Player in the mail, and I am having trouble installing ES File Explorer on it. When I go to download it from Google Play via my laptop, it says that "this item is not compatible with your device". I've updated the nexus player to version 5.1, and looked all over the web for a solution, but to no avail. Has anyone ran into this problem before?

Thanks in advance

youtube into browser with /watch?v=IDV1s5AaJII

shows you how to instal es file manage without a pc or root, all from the player itself. you need a mouse and the remote it comes with.

hope this helps you.

Reactions: kgersen

kgersen

Jul 11, 2011
And then, what can I do with this?

You can sideload apk from USB storage with it. I used it to sideload ES File Explorer (which is more complete and can access network shares).

But using the 'Google' app as shown in the video 2 posts above also work. You don't even need a mouse, you can use the leanback keyboard (settings/preferences/keyboard) if voice search is not your thing.

Polv89

Dec 23, 2011
Fiastra
www.gexperience.it
You can sideload apk from USB storage with it. I used it to sideload ES File Explorer (which is more complete and can access network shares).

But using the 'Google' app as shown in the video 2 posts above also work. You don't even need a mouse, you can use the leanback keyboard (settings/preferences/keyboard) if voice search is not your thing.
I have tried usb storage with an usb otg cable and a 32gb pen drive but with simplefileexplorer I can't see the storage

kgersen

Jul 11, 2011
I have tried usb storage with an usb otg cable and a 32gb pen drive but with simplefileexplorer I can't see the storage

yeah. When in doubt, test!. So I just factory reset'ed my NP and tried from scratch again and indeed SimpleFileExplorer is useless.
I don't recall all the steps I used the first time and I was under the impression that I used SimplefileExplorer and an USB stick. It now seems that I was wrong or the latest OS update changed a few things like it did for ES File Explorer. My bad. scratch that.

You'll need something like OTG Disk Explorer Lite to access USB storage but this app needs to be sideloaded... so back to the same chicken/egg problem.

So just use the method shown in the video to install ES File Explorer (ESFE), which will allow you to sideload apk via network shares or cloud storage services (Dropbox, Drive, etc). You can also use the same method to install Chrome, which then can download apk directly from the NP (you'll still need ESFE or SimpleFileExplorer to install them).

Any APK can be easily downloaded using this site http://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/ (it works with Chrome from the NP itself).

miniandroidp

May 15, 2015
question

I can install even android 5.1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but works everything like normal beside my external usbstick dont show on es file explorer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone got idea ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance

youtube into browser with /watch?v=IDV1s5AaJII

shows you how to instal es file manage without a pc or root, all from the player itself. you need a mouse and the remote it comes with.

hope this helps you.