[Q] Help! Green guy on his back!

Search This thread

fakecharles

Jul 17, 2011
Google Pixel 6
I flashed a ROM called Chameleon and it really seems to have messed up my phone, a Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

All I have is the screen with the green guy on his back, panel up displaying cyan colored guts.

When I click to Recovery Mode, it flashes briefly and comes back. It says: FASTBOOT MODE - NO BOOT OR RECOVERY IMG

The rest says:
PRODUCT NAME - tuna (?!)
VARIANT - Toro 32GB
HD VERSION - 10
BOOTLOGGER VERSION - PRIMELC03
etc.
Oh, LOCK STATE - UNLOCKED

Is there any way to get a recovery on here or am I actually bricked?

PS Restart Bootloader does nothing.

Doomhamma

Sep 25, 2012
Siroki Brijeg, BiH
You can use galaxy nexus toolkit - you boot into fastboot mode, flash a recovery from the toolkit, then just switch to recovery mode using your volume keys ...

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
Don't use a toolkit, if you want to know your stuff.

This is dead easy, like thedudejdog highlighted, just use fastboot, read efrant's "return to stock" thread stickied on General.

Sent from my Nexus

fakecharles

Jul 17, 2011
Google Pixel 6
Green man on his back, seems deaf

I'm not getting any indication that there's a connection. e.g. I send "fastboot reboot" and nothing happens. Fastboot devices returns empty.
Fastboot flash? As suggested? Flash what? Into where? I've never ruined my phone quite this thoroughly so I don't know 1) what exactly I'm trying to flash (although I'm guessing a custom recovery would help and 2) how to get my phone to communicate with my computer.

The cable is fine, just checked it on another phone

Zepius

Mar 29, 2011
I'm not getting any indication that there's a connection. e.g. I send "fastboot reboot" and nothing happens. Fastboot devices returns empty.
Fastboot flash? As suggested? Flash what? Into where? I've never ruined my phone quite this thoroughly so I don't know 1) what exactly I'm trying to flash (although I'm guessing a custom recovery would help and 2) how to get my phone to communicate with my computer.

The cable is fine, just checked it on another phone

you need the proper drivers.

please uninstall all drivers that you installed for the phone and follow this only:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1626895

Top Liked Posts