[Q] Help!! install ROM from SD card??

Search This thread

medo.alyami

Oct 14, 2014
Hello,

I have LG G3 D855 32 GB not rooted, dropped in water but now it's dry, it was giving me a green screen says "kernel crash". anyways, i have installed the LG drivers on Win7, all the drivers installed except the MTP one to try to fix it through LG Flash Tool but it didn't communicate with the phone because the MTP failed to insatll, no luck with usb cable. I Don't know if it's possible to boot/install anything from Micro Sd Card?? I have the .kdz .tot .dll files for it

I would appreciate any help
Thank you in advance.

Der CaRl

Oct 11, 2010
Gotha
It's not possible to install any firmware directly from the phone. Try anyway to connect your G3 with your computer and use the LG Flashtool to flash a kdz or an tot file. If it isn't successful you have to send it to LG for repair.

medo.alyami

Oct 14, 2014
MTP Failed

Thank you Der CaRl fro the quick reply,

the phone can go to firmware update mode, but as i said the MTP driver couldn't be insatlled. i don't know if there is a way to make the phone in usb debugging mode from pc by commands or something??

nolanpen

Aug 15, 2014
Thank you Der CaRl fro the quick reply,

the phone can go to firmware update mode, but as i said the MTP driver couldn't be insatlled. i don't know if there is a way to make the phone in usb debugging mode from pc by commands or something??

Did you try the download mode (hold volume up then plug-in to PC), wait til the PC recognized your phone, then flash your rom via lg mobile tool or update via server.

medo.alyami

Oct 14, 2014
Did you try the download mode (hold volume up then plug-in to PC), wait til the PC recognized your phone, then flash your rom via lg mobile tool or update via server.

Thank you for the reply
Yes I've tried it, and this is one of the main problems, when i go to the download mode and plug the phone it keeps searching for the MTP driver and failed to install it. I've tried all the solutions on the internet but with no luck.