• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] [Help] Need help from the community for next release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

phiredrop

Jan 30, 2010
sites.google.com
Hey everyone-

I'm asking for help from anyone who's willing to. I don't care if it's not normal for "devs" to ask everyone else for help, this is a community and we thrive on helping one another (by the way, I'm no dev).

Here's my situation: I have the next SkinnyEvo rom ready to be released. It's awesome. The only thing holding me back is a 'flickering' of system animations.

I've attached pictures so you can see what I'm talking about - notice the horizontal lines in the battery status when it's charging, or the downloading icon when using the market. It also happens when typing, scrolling text (like music), the launcher, and even some widgets when simply sitting on the homescreen.

From what I've been able to find, this 'flickering' issue used to be common back before I was involved with the HD2. It may seem like a small issue, but after a day of glitchy animations, you'll go crazy.

I've tried different kernels (only hastarins) and many other things.. but I would like to open it up to other suggestions so we can get this rom released! If you would like the rom "as is" to troubleshoot on your own, PM me and I will provide a link for you.

Thanks a bunch!

-phiredrop

CAP2010120216562.jpg

CAP2010120216491.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.