• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] help needed: problems to upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2

Search This thread

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
that just identifies the port on your pc ,, are you using the same port ??

as for the message in recovery, does it say anything like. Cant mount sd card or something similar to that ?? if so that means damaged internal sd card

there was a report of someone fixing a dead sd card whether he was just lucky or not i dont know but heres the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=905975&page=2

but before panicking try reflashing without pit and repartition. ive seen similar things on here, just be sure to have a look about first to put u at eaze

Last edited:

scypher88

Jan 16, 2011
hi!! :)
hurm.. this morning starts from 11 am to 4 pm, ive tried all the downloaded rom such as:
-JL2
-JM8
-JM9
-JPY
-JP2
-JPU
-JPC
-JG4
none of them seems working.. huuh.. most likely my meter for losing hope is high!! :p

scypher88

Jan 16, 2011
the last one was JPM, as advised in the link..
odin 1.3
803 pit
tick repartitioning
then flash again using yaok 1.5 tar..

still no go..
and im really upset :(

scypher88

Jan 16, 2011
managed to enter CWM..
there, i tried to mount ex sd card but it said:

cannot mount E

and im quite angry

theres a problem with my sd card and i dont know how to fix it!!

kandio

Feb 2, 2011
Downloaded the files, opened odin, put in the pit file, used one of three .tars in PDA. I checked Re-partition and left the rest as it was.

It's been half an hour since i've pressed start, and its still not finished? Odin says Set Partition, but is it supposed to take this long?

Edit; 2 hours now.

Last edited:

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
Downloaded the files, opened odin, put in the pit file, used one of three .tars in PDA. I checked Re-partition and left the rest as it was.

It's been half an hour since i've pressed start, and its still not finished? Odin says Set Partition, but is it supposed to take this long?

Edit; 2 hours now.

if the firmware comes in three files you SHOULD USE ALL 3 FILES not just one. if your using PIT you need to check the RE-PARTITION BOX

everyone on here who uses any type of ODIN or CUSTOM ROM or ROOTING takes the risk of bricking their phones. if your not sure DONT DO IT !!!

too late now tho..... try again with all 3 files read the threads properly

kandio

Feb 2, 2011
Oh haha, I only used your post, instead of this one.
Well, no harm seems to be made (yet) xD

Edit;
The galaxy S screen, is that part of the rebooting? Otherwise it's still stuck

Last edited:

The King Tyrone

Jan 29, 2011
on to it!!

installed JPU using odin and right now its rebooting..
do u mean that 10 minutes to boot (while it stuck on the s boot screen)?
so now i just have to leave it? then i will report back in 15 minutes. :)
hope this work..
I had problem close to that, couldn't see a NZ stock eclear 2.1 firmware, so i had to get the Aussie one (after i relised i downloaded the Europe version! DOLP!!,,, any way cause i bung my ph or Samsung G i9000 stuffed it, finaly got Aussie 2.1 stock going then i flashed Darky`s Rom to Gingerbread Theam 2.2.1 !!!! and im there!!! but cant get Voltage Controler working yet, need some Kernel for it but dont know what..... if all else fails like mine, just do what i did,, a fresh Stock install the flash it to Darky`s Rom vr 9.2 hope i helped!! :)