[Q] HELP!! please! need help getting stock rom with out odin

Search This thread

bradman117

Jan 20, 2011
Idaho, Rexburg
Hey, so the part u plug the charger into the phone is broken and it wont read the wire connecting to the computer. I want use Odin on anything on the computer. Is there a Stock Rom zip i can flash on there? I want to send it to Samsung so i can get it fixed but it needs to be stock rom first. please help! I can put the zip on threw my SD card

omnimanx1

Dec 1, 2007
Is the USB cable you are using the one that came with your Infuse? If not use the one that came with your Infuse. Some aftetmarket USB cables wont work for data, they only work as a charger.

Just my 2¢

omnimanx1

Dec 1, 2007
I would bet that your problem is the USB cable itself. Again it's just my 2¢ . I have used one from an old Blackberry and one from an HTC inspire .. both work fine . I also bought a USB cable from ATT and all it did was charge the phone...but would not allow my PCs to communicate with the Infuse.

Just my 2¢

bradman117

Jan 20, 2011
Idaho, Rexburg
I would bet that your problem is the USB cable itself. Again it's just my 2¢ . I have used one from an old Blackberry and one from an HTC inspire .. both work fine . I also bought a USB cable from ATT and all it did was charge the phone...but would not allow my PCs to communicate with the Infuse.

Just my 2¢
ok ill try using a Samsung cable

bradman117

Jan 20, 2011
Idaho, Rexburg
Ya, so i tried using a Samsung cable and it didn't work. So I borrowed my dads phone and did a backup on the stock rom with recovery and i then tried flashing it on my phone. Know when i turn it on i cant get past the Samsung screen. so i cant even try getting into recovery holding the bottom volume button down. I think im toast, i guess ill try calling Samsung now.

goobieracing

Aug 25, 2011
I say if your under warranty if there's nothing you can do is completely brick so u can't put it into download mode and go in to the store like you have no idea what happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

goobieracing

Aug 25, 2011
Look into how to package stock into a cwm zip. Backup everything you want to keep format internal and external sd. Boot into recovery do a factory reset and wipe, wipe, wipe, and then flash. Make sure you can't boot into recovery after that and that you don't have super user.
I have had a few friends send there phones in to get exchanged while they were rooted one on a custom rom. They just made sure either they uninstalled superuser and made sure they couldn't get into recovery. I sure deleting any rooted apps would add a little security. I say get rid of dl mode because I seen them try to boot into it when I got mine replaced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Last edited: