• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.

[Q] [HELP]Port Ivona Salli to Android

eskimokats

Mar 30, 2018
I figured it out

Could you please upload again or share a mega/google drive link? I have been looking for these files for the better part of the year! :(
forget doin it this way. To have salli voice on your android use firefox browser app and install read aloud add on then her voice is on there.

eskimokats

Mar 30, 2018
As far as I know for android app firefox seems to be my only solution

Thanks, this is pretty awesome. But it's only within the firefox browser right?
Wanted it on Chrome but chrome app doesn't allow extensions to work. But if it will work on chrome desktop if you want to use it on your laptop or desktop.

Aramis_182

Feb 19, 2017

kapil_dheer

Sep 3, 2011
Right guy, I was able to download using the jdownload program, I uploaded the file to those who can not download it, I put it in the mega. follows the link https://mega.nz/#!ngBSkDzR!6HITDmGFDnnN2bV0sW5FVWzAs6eXJfVlf6tAfYG8qAE

(if it breaks) #! ngBSkDzR! 6HITDmGFDnnN2bV0sW5FVWzAs6eXJfVlf6tAfYG8qAE

Good luck!
Thanks for the share.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

i can try.. i am Nougat too so that won't be the problem.
Put the Ivona files in an Ivona folder in the root of your SDCard. \Ivova\eng.us.salli\
you need to rename the files to match the voice you want to use. In my folder i have:
lang_en_us_salli.dat
libtiver.so
libttsivonavoice.so
libvoice_en_us_salli.so
voice_en-Us_salli.dat
vox_en_us_salli22i

Install the modified apk ivona.tts.1.0.0.0b1
Go to Text to speech settings and choose Ivona. Press the Settings button near it choose install voice data and select the ROOT of the folder where eng.us.salli is. So the Ivona folder. NOT the eng.us.salli folder.

If you do it right you should get about 6 log about saying successful. If you do it wrong you only get 2 log lines.

I also have Ivona set to use System Language. And in Android i have both Australia and America. (Because Salli is an American language). I then use Tasker to utilise the voice.
Thanks for the awesome guide. Everything works now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sage

firegloww

Mar 19, 2013
Does the Salli voice still work in Android 8.1?
I installed the files from the linked mega zip, but when Ivona TTS is selected in the text-to-speech output section, the play button is just greyed out, no text gets spoken.

kapil_dheer

Sep 3, 2011
Does the Salli voice still work in Android 8.1?
I installed the files from the linked mega zip, but when Ivona TTS is selected in the text-to-speech output section, the play button is just greyed out, no text gets spoken.
Maybe you are missing some files.

BTW Ivona Amy felt much better than Salli.

Last edited:

Sage

Dec 12, 2005
AU
just tried to get this working on Oreo. Samsung S9. Though doesnt appear to work. When you select Ivona and then the Setting button. It does not give the option to load the voices. I see there was a revision C made of the ivona.tts apk on 4pdu.ru though i cant seem to download it.. i am still running B. Anyone else got it working? or something similar? Does the Firefox option work with Tasker? (Ie: Native TTS in Android?)

Thanks

DADi590

Jan 4, 2017
here are the details.

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=200728&st=1000

essentially you need to:

Download the ivona modded app.
Download the salli voices
install the app
put the voices on your sdcard.
rename a couple of files.
run the modded app and point it to the voice files. Job done!
(hit thanks if i helped!) ;)
The voices on that link. ALL of them have been deleted. Would you happen to have them somewhere else? Or know where they can be gotten? All the links throw a 404 error, I can't download anything from there. Though, I could download Salli from the MEGA link up here which is from you. But the voice I really wanted is Brian, which is among the dead links. If you'd know where I could find the voices, I'd be grateful (or anyone else). In any case, already a thank you very much for Salli (and for the person who reuploaded it haha).

Reactions: enotime

DADi590

Jan 4, 2017
UPDATE: I've uploaded complete instructions for everything about this along with more voices - if anyone would be interested and not understanding the instructions I've put here along with others' instructions (I perfectly understand if you don't understand what I wrote, as it was shown to me that it's REALLY confusing from someone who came from outside of the chat XD). And it's here, on my MediaFire account, along with all the voices and another thing to edit the voices' dictionary: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1hprxlymfudhl. This was made because I posted a Reddit thread about it, so I thought in putting here the link for it too. The thread is this one, in case anyone would like to know: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/i3iaj6/ivona_tts_voices_for_android/.

---------------What was here before which doesn't matter anymore since the above link has a PDF with EVERYTHING explained---------------

Also, just to clear some doubts around here, it's REALLY easy to put this working. 5 or less minutes. You just copy the files on the MEGA link above to SD Card root/Ivona (you create Ivona folder in the root of it). You copy the eng.usa.salli to there. Cool. Now, you DON'T need voice_en-Us_salli.dat or voice_en_us_salli.dat or whatever. That file is NOT needed (at least it's not with me) - though, if for some reason you want to know, Sage said it's just a copy of lang_en_us.dat renamed (so I thought it wouldn't be needed and after deleting it, it's still working. Even reinstalled to be sure and it works without that file which is just a copy ("voice_en_us_salli.dat is just lang_en_us_salli.dat renamed." - Sage). Then rename the lang_en_us.dat to lang_en_us_salli.dat. Now install the APK, and do as Sage said:
Install the modified apk ivona.tts.1.0.0.0b1
Go to Text to speech settings and choose Ivona. Press the Settings button near it choose install voice data and select the ROOT of the folder where eng.us.salli is. So the Ivona folder. NOT the eng.us.salli folder.

If you do it right you should get about 6 log about saying successful. If you do it wrong you only get 2 log lines.

I also have Ivona set to use System Language. And in Android i have both Australia and America. (Because Salli is an American language). I then use Tasker to utilise the voice.
Also, select the voice you want in the Language option inside Ivona TTS. Don't select System Language. You can have 2 or more voices, just install all and select the one you want through the Language option (I installed Brian and Cristiano and they're both working 100%!!!). Then select another voice and then select Ivona again if it's grey. It will stop being grey after you do that (it reloads the files, I think). Done. Hope this clarifies the thing haha.
-----
About other voices, I just tried various combinations of the Brian (PC version) files with the files here, even editted them to put all "salli" instances to "brian" inside them. Nothing worked. No way to put other voices with these files. I even went to get lang_en_gb_brian.dat, but it didn't work (btw, of course, I copied vox_en_gb_brian22v too - you just need to have IVONA 2 Voices installed on the computer). Though, even after infinite renames and editting the names on the files, nothing worked. The last thing in my mind is the dll file which is here and which I have absolutely no idea how to convert from .dll to .so without the source code (StackOverflow says I need the source code and it can't be done without it). Also, I've no idea if IVONA 2 Voices can be installed on Linux, but I don't find anything about that either - because DLLs don't work on linux, but SO files do. So.... If anyone knows how to do this without the source code or has an installation for Linux with those files or simply has the files deleted from 4PDA, would be cool if they could be posted. But at least Salli works. The only voice I found from PC working on Android. The other ones maybe need the DLL converted to SO, I don't know.
EDIT: I wrote this with IVONA 2 Voices 1.6.63 in mind, but I think 1.6.76 is better since the file names are more like the ones on Android (the vox file ends with an "i" on 1.6.76 instead of a "v" on 1.6.63).
-----

Cheers!
PS: If the MEGA link goes down some day, I can reupload the files. Just say something. I keep everything in a private server. I never delete these hard to find things haha.

EDIT: Just register on the 4PDA site!!! The links are all working!!! Take some time and patience and look on this https://doorsgeek.blogspot.com/2015/08/4pdaru-loginregister-captcha-tutorial.html and this https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a7/4f/8e/a74f8e235d5f8573cb29c969c357664a.gif. I'll be downloading everything there in case I or anyone else needs anything, even though I only need one voice. If anyone would need when the files are no longer there or something, I could provide them.

Last edited:

jayckay

Jun 24, 2020
thanks for the help! It finally worked for me but only on my Tab S2 that has Android 7.0. At first I couldn't figure it out why it wouldnt work on my Tab S4, Moto G7 Power and the only conclusion I came to was that it had the newer software. Thanks again!