• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q][HELP][URGENT] Help restoring lg-p506 to stock

Search This thread

linuxman008

Apr 9, 2011
I have my friends att lg thrive 506 and I flashed the clockworkmod recovery for the optimus one and it looked distorted in color. I ignored it and flashed miks cyanogenmod, and it gave me the same problem in color distortion. So I restored a backup I made before flashing cyanogenmod and then I flashed a the clockworkmod for the optimus v (since rom manager gave me a lot of options for ones to flash, and that was the only other lg one.) Then I pushed reboot into recovery from rom manager and it got stuck at the lg splash for about 10 minutes then shut down. Now when I try to turn the phone on I get the same problem.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? If not I have to buy him a new phone full price, and I can't afford that. I'd be fine if it took him back to full stock and wiped all the data, right now the phone is screwed over. Please, any support is appreciated I really need this fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Also if this is in the wrong section, please move it mods.

mvgadagi

Jan 28, 2011
Bengaluru
I have my friends att lg thrive 506 and I flashed the clockworkmod recovery for the optimus one and it looked distorted in color. I ignored it and flashed miks cyanogenmod, and it gave me the same problem in color distortion. So I restored a backup I made before flashing cyanogenmod and then I flashed a the clockworkmod for the optimus v (since rom manager gave me a lot of options for ones to flash, and that was the only other lg one.) Then I pushed reboot into recovery from rom manager and it got stuck at the lg splash for about 10 minutes then shut down. Now when I try to turn the phone on I get the same problem.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? If not I have to buy him a new phone full price, and I can't afford that. I'd be fine if it took him back to full stock and wiped all the data, right now the phone is screwed over. Please, any support is appreciated I really need this fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Also if this is in the wrong section, please move it mods.

Can u getting recovery atleast
Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA Premium App

linuxman008

Apr 9, 2011
No recovery just does the same thing a normal boot does. I haven't tried but when its turned on and pluged in to my computer, I may be able to use adb shell to view the normal system files but I don't think ill be able to see the critical files, like where the recovery is stored.

I use an HTC phone and know things like rru's let us flash stock roms like this and even revert to stock recovery, do any such things exist for this phone?

teddybig

Apr 28, 2011
Singapore
CHILL

perhaps u should use a kdz updater? remain calm and search it up. I fixed my phone that way too. Just don't bash your head like I did. :> But I'm not sure if there is one for yer model...........??? Hope this helps anyway...

Last edited:
Reactions: linuxman008

raenye

Dec 7, 2010
Whatever you do, don't use any kdz updater. P506 kdz is not published, and p500 kdz will brick your phone.

raenye

Dec 7, 2010
If you only flashed a bad recovery you can fix it by re-flashing a correct one.

Your options, sorted by difficulty.
(1) remove/reinsert battery and reboot. If the rom boots fine (wacky colors or not), reflash Optimus One recovery from Rom Manager.
(2) remove/reinsert battery; use power+home to get to fastboot; now try (1) again.
(3) remove/reinsert battery; use power+home to get to fastboot. Connect usb and follow this. You'd probably be better off with the recovery here.

Once you fix your recovery, flash deodexed stock rom instead of CM7.

Reactions: linuxman008

linuxman008

Apr 9, 2011
Drivers... -_-

(1) remove/reinsert battery and reboot. If the rom boots fine (wacky colors or not), reflash Optimus One recovery from Rom Manager.
(2) remove/reinsert battery; use power+home to get to fastboot; now try (1) again.
(3) remove/reinsert battery; use power+home to get to fastboot. Connect usb and follow this. You'd probably be better off with the recovery here.

Well thanks for this, but I can't preform the guide for one reason, drivers. I goto the lg site and get the drivers and I installed them, but I think the drivers are for when the phone can boot. And when I goto device manager, it shows up as android phone (with a ? as the icon)

So would someone be so kind as to share their driver for emergency mode with me? Thanks.

P.S. I am running Windows XP-Service-Pack-3, Intel Pentium 4-3.40-ghz-dualcore, 2048-mb-ram, 32-bit system

Edit:

I used my windows 7 laptop which auto-downloaded the drivers for me, then it worked like a charm, thank you very much.

Last edited:

22VIN

Feb 2, 2010
Bucharest
Well thanks for this, but I can't preform the guide for one reason, drivers. I goto the lg site and get the drivers and I installed them, but I think the drivers are for when the phone can boot. And when I goto device manager, it shows up as android phone (with a ? as the icon)

So would someone be so kind as to share their driver for emergency mode with me? Thanks.

P.S. I am running Windows XP-Service-Pack-3, Intel Pentium 4-3.40-ghz-dualcore, 2048-mb-ram, 32-bit system
Try disabling virtual modem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CHILL

perhaps u should use a kdz updater? remain calm and search it up. I fixed my phone that way too. Just don't bash your head like I did. :> But I'm not sure if there is one for yer model...........??? Hope this helps anyway...