[Q] Help with Att Fusion 2 Aka Huawei U8665

Search This thread

Dj0728

Oct 4, 2012
Alright I bought this phone for the simple fact that it is an update from the u8652. I tried superoneclick and unlock root. I cant get this phone to root at all. Unlock root gives me an error that shell root failed. Superoneclick says it cant get permission and it cant remount the device. Im lost:confused: . Anyone with any advice please feel free.

RFE

Jun 12, 2009
I will be able to post a copy of the image soon. Something happened and root disappeared (with superuser not functional) after an OTA update pushed 2.3.6.... this means they know about the root vulnerabilities (debug and dial *#*#). Basically if you root your phone you will get an OTA update for 2.3.7..... I am currently trying to find a phone with 2.3.6's ROM in tact. If you have the factory rom please post it because we are all flashing our phones away....

Reactions: Shagerty

RoboticBuddy

Aug 14, 2012
I will be able to post a copy of the image soon. Something happened and root disappeared (with superuser not functional) after an OTA update pushed 2.3.6.... this means they know about the root vulnerabilities (debug and dial *#*#). Basically if you root your phone you will get an OTA update for 2.3.7..... I am currently trying to find a phone with 2.3.6's ROM in tact. If you have the factory rom please post it because we are all flashing our phones away....

If I knew how to dump the 2.3.6 Stock ROM, I would. Are you looking for the system.img?

And also, if anybody can help me setup my Ubuntu computer for CWM building, I would very much appreciate it.

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
Robotic, I thought you were in my boat and needed stock rom? anyway is the phone your talking about pulling stock from rooted nd can you boot into cwm or recovery or I think even Rom Manager and make an update.zip from the stock that might stick thru fastboot? or the zip could be yaff compiled to a system.img I think I dont know for sure. Willing to try anything I've never actually bricked a phone and not been able to bring it back. Hopefully RFE successfully gets a system.img from his 2.3.7 rooted but everyone could use the original stock rom for this phone as I'm sure we wont be the only ones with this problem. thx for your guys help hope someone conquers this perm root / no stock issue and the devs working on the custom Ascend 2 Roms can jump on and convert to fusion 2 but all I really want is my phone to turn on

Reactions: Talysdaddy

RoboticBuddy

Aug 14, 2012
Robotic, I thought you were in my boat and needed stock rom? anyway is the phone your talking about pulling stock from rooted nd can you boot into cwm or recovery or I think even Rom Manager and make an update.zip from the stock that might stick thru fastboot? or the zip could be yaff compiled to a system.img I think I dont know for sure. Willing to try anything I've never actually bricked a phone and not been able to bring it back. Hopefully RFE successfully gets a system.img from his 2.3.7 rooted but everyone could use the original stock rom for this phone as I'm sure we wont be the only ones with this problem. thx for your guys help hope someone conquers this perm root / no stock issue and the devs working on the custom Ascend 2 Roms can jump on and convert to fusion 2 but all I really want is my phone to turn on

I got a replacement for free at Target :p

There is no CWM for this phone, only Stock Recovery, which you can only flash ZIP files that are signed by Huawei, and wipe Data/Cache or just cache. I am currently trying to setup a build environment, but I am new to this, and still no dice.

I am just trying to setup and build CWM for this phone, so that we can all fix our brick issues. Then after that, I can move on to ROM development. If there are any devs, I do need some help with this phone. Thank you.

Reactions: Shagerty

gigilie

Feb 6, 2011
MN
I can get a version that half works on this bricked phone... guessing because no root it doesnt work fully? saw it on another post someone claimed to root fusion2 with it. search for the file cwm-recovery_SDext.img should help you on your quest. loaded up just couldnt mount anything or whatever. or if your rooting it with RFE's recovery do a Rom Manager backup or Rom Toolbox stock or rooted I just need a system.img in any form

RFE

Jun 12, 2009
If I knew how to dump the 2.3.6 Stock ROM, I would. Are you looking for the system.img?

And also, if anybody can help me setup my Ubuntu computer for CWM building, I would very much appreciate it.

I finally was able to get complete root & uninstall every piece of AT&T bloatware.... you also don't have to suffer from the prepaid system nor AT&T's tyrant over your phone. Since you can create a self-signed update.zip once you're rooted via my rootkit, you can flash ANY new ROM and recovery. I've dumped the rooted stock system.img and posted it (here http://depositfiles.com/files/h7g60x6pf) so anyone can help develop.

AIso I have CMW WORKING on the recovery system, however I was not able to flash the image to the phone (write err ors at 99%), but I could usb-boot the image directly via PC once the phone is in fastboot mode. If you are rooted corectly, you should be able to open Titanium Backup AND see the item named "firstbooted" then you are root. Several flaws still have to be worked out, but I am confident that I will be the first to release a ROM for the phone. Getting root was the hardest part since zergRush and the usual tricks were not working. Also if you install the DropBear apk then it is much easier to play with your phone from the PC keyboard & monitor.

If someone beats me to creating a ROM, I want the title to be "No-Go ROM" and remove all traces of AT&T +affiliates bloatware so it's completely stripped down including GApps. Also we need to be able to change some of the secure read-only variables like the "model number", "Kernel version (i.e. 2.6.38.6-perf ChangeMe@localhost #1337)", "Build number" and most importantly "Custom Version" gives away the fact that it should only be used as a prepaid.

Mods: PLEASE create a Huawei>U8665 Fusion 2 forum so we can keep all the posts organized. I think it would help a ton so people don't brick their phones reading old posts.

CHEERS!
RFE

edit: there are a handfull of bloatware apps (5%) that can't be removed via Titanium nor ADB/fastboot.... I suspect a unique directory name structure or a temp filesystem that Titanium Backup has trouble with. Thanks -RF

Last edited:

Shagerty

Dec 31, 2012
Santa Cruz
CWM issues

I finally was able to get complete root & uninstall every piece of AT&T bloatware.... you also don't have to suffer from the prepaid system nor AT&T's tyrant over your phone. Since you can create a self-signed update.zip once you're rooted via my rootkit, you can flash ANY new ROM and recovery. I've dumped the rooted stock system.img and posted it (here http://depositfiles.com/files/h7g60x6pf) so anyone can help develop.

AIso I have CMW WORKING on the recovery system, however I was not able to flash the image to the phone (write err ors at 99%), but I could usb-boot the image directly via PC once the phone is in fastboot mode. If you are rooted corectly, you should be able to open Titanium Backup AND see the item named "firstbooted" then you are root. Several flaws still have to be worked out, but I am confident that I will be the first to release a ROM for the phone. Getting root was the hardest part since zergRush and the usual tricks were not working. Also if you install the DropBear apk then it is much easier to play with your phone from the PC keyboard & monitor.

If someone beats me to creating a ROM, I want the title to be "No-Go ROM" and remove all traces of AT&T +affiliates bloatware so it's completely stripped down including GApps. Also we need to be able to change some of the secure read-only variables like the "model number", "Kernel version (i.e. 2.6.38.6-perf ChangeMe@localhost #1337)", "Build number" and most importantly "Custom Version" gives away the fact that it should only be used as a prepaid.

Mods: PLEASE create a Huawei>U8665 Fusion 2 forum so we can keep all the posts organized. I think it would help a ton so people don't brick their phones reading old posts.

CHEERS!
RFE

edit: there are a handfull of bloatware apps (5%) that can't be removed via Titanium nor ADB/fastboot.... I suspect a unique directory name structure or a temp filesystem that Titanium Backup has trouble with. Thanks -RF

RFE thanks so much for the helpful posts. but how the f*** do i get CWM working.

Root was a breeze now I can't figure out CWM, and I have tried a few methods.. PM PLEASE!

---------- Post added at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

I got a replacement for free at Target :p

There is no CWM for this phone, only Stock Recovery, which you can only flash ZIP files that are signed by Huawei, and wipe Data/Cache or just cache. I am currently trying to setup a build environment, but I am new to this, and still no dice.

I am just trying to setup and build CWM for this phone, so that we can all fix our brick issues. Then after that, I can move on to ROM development. If there are any devs, I do need some help with this phone. Thank you.

I am in the same boat, trying to build CWM so I can move on to Rom Dev. Any news or ideas on how to get CWM working? PM me please!

Shagerty

Dec 31, 2012
Santa Cruz
**follow my guide**

Alright I bought this phone for the simple fact that it is an update from the u8652. I tried superoneclick and unlock root. I cant get this phone to root at all. Unlock root gives me an error that shell root failed. Superoneclick says it cant get permission and it cant remount the device. Im lost:confused: . Anyone with any advice please feel free.

Use my guide here, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2136305

nono600

Dec 31, 2012
Bloatware

I have found a total of 8 of these apps. They include;

Bejeweled 2
Face Book
The default Email app
Richpad/MyRichpad
NetAssistant (Traffic Manager)
Twitter-3.2.2
Documents To Go

The apk for each program is in the same directory. It is "System (Root)/data/cust/app"
I have also found that they could also be a copy of this directory.:confused: It is "System (Root)/cust/att/us/app" (I believe this is a restore backup of some sort)

In order to fully delete the program off the phone, you also have to delete its .dex file. they are;

Bejeweled 2: "System (Root)/data/dalvik-cache/data@cust@app@Bejeweled2_signed_submission.apk@classes.dex"
Docs to go: "System (Root)/data/dalvik-cache/data@cust@app@dxtg-huawei-vwr-pdf_3.004.1264.apk@classes.dex"
Face Book: "System (Root)/data/dalvik-cache/data@cust@app@FBAndroid-1.8.2-preload.apk@classes.dex"
Email: "System (Root)/data/dalvik-cache/data@cust@app@MyEmail.apk@classes.dex"
My Richpad: "System (Root)/data/dalvik-cache/data@cust@app@MyRichpad.apk@classes.dex"
RichPad: "System (Root)/data/dalvik-cache/data@cust@app@RichPad.apk@classes.dex"
Twitter: "System (Root)/data/dalvik-cache/data@cust@app@Twitter-3.2.2-release.apk@classes.dex"
NetAssistant: "System (Root)/data/dalvik-cache/data@cust@app@NetAssistant.apk@classes.dex"
Four Square: "System (Root)/data/dalvik-cache/data@cust@app@foursquare_2012040600-huawei.apk@classes.dex"

(I used FX file explorer with the root add-on to find these locations, that's why it says "System (Root)")

I hope this helps you on your Custom Rom. :fingers-crossed:

EDIT: When I tried to remove one from my device, the .apk of each program is write protected. EVEN with root access.

Last edited:

Oct3178

Apr 19, 2011
installed 'rootexplorer' app, opened up the root directory with rw permission,
went to /cust/att/us/app folder

deleted all the apk's' in there. those are the junk apps that I needed gone. check if you need any thats not free from play store.

re booted the phone.

All junk apps that cannot be removed by nobloatware app were gone.

Shagerty

Dec 31, 2012
Santa Cruz
installed 'rootexplorer' app, opened up the root directory with rw permission,
went to /cust/att/us/app folder

deleted all the apk's' in there. those are the junk apps that I needed gone. check if you need any thats not free from play store.

re booted the phone.

All junk apps that cannot be removed by nobloatware app were gone.

ALL FUSION 2 QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE ALL THINGS ROOT THREAD HERE,

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=39105681

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

CHEERS!
RFE

Hey RFE check out the new all things root thread for the fusion 2!

FUSION 2 ALL THINGS ROOT!

Also anyone viewing this thread please direct all fusion 2 questions to the all things root thread.

Last edited:

Ed_Killz

Dec 15, 2011
SIM problems?

I have recently tried installing a theme to my rooted U8665 via rom toolbox...the phone was then stuck on the AT&T logo.
I now have had to install ICS OS rom to get my phone up and running.

...Problem is now that my phone will not recognize my SIM card for AT&T Go.

Is there something else I should install? Any Kernel package or anything?

Shagerty

Dec 31, 2012
Santa Cruz
I have recently tried installing a theme to my rooted U8665 via rom toolbox...the phone was then stuck on the AT&T logo.

Try manually inputting the APN settings http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=39574496 <found there

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

tarekmorsy

Dec 17, 2012
no sim

the framework folder must be work all file grouply
you cant change one file only like theme
change all
this sireous
so

get the orginal theme and edit inside it (framework-res.apk) and return it in framework folder
theme must be in the same ser.no of stock

if you change theme with different stock you will have no imei no
and no sim

ronp76

Oct 15, 2009
Where did you find that ROM and which flashing guide procedures did you use?

RomanXDA

Apr 1, 2018
Easiest way to root a Huawei Fusion 2:

Just simply install and run kingroot lol. It worked on mine in about 5 minutes. Unfortunately I am a few years late and the link for CyanogenMod 11 is broken though, so I may never accomplish what I’m trying to do. (8665 btw) ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

CHEERS!
    RFE

Ok, here's what I've tried so far. I've tried SuperOneClick, z4root and unlockRoot. Of course none of these work. I am able to boot into fastboot and can flash a recovery. Although I've only got one recovery to actually boot. It gave me a ton of errors about not being able to mount the sdcard, data, cache, yadayada. The others I've tried haven't booted. I'm going to research some more today. I want to try to figure out how to create a custom clockwork recovery or find another GSM Huawei phone that has already been rooted, so I can grab its clockworkmod recovery.img.

If anyone can pull the stock recovery.img I'd appreciate it.

Bump for a phone that is on sale for under 50$ with a fast CPU... I must have root or the phone is completely useless to me.

Before finding this thread I've also tried everything mentioned above. My last attempt at rooting will be to borrow a Spanish version which has a full pre-rooted phone (for the Fusion2 / U8665). You can access the service mode by dialing *#*# 2846579 #*#* (however that still does not give you root but you can at least tweak some dev settings).

As soon as I dump the recovery, system, etc I will post them up so we can crack this thing open. I am pretty surprised that there is no superuser softmod yet :( - - however we will make one :)
    would love to get root on this thing and remove all this AT&T garbage off here.
    Any word on getting this rooted? I have tried everything I know how to do, and nothing.
    I'm not quite sure if this will help but there is a stock recovery set up on this phone. You power your phone off and then hold volume up as you power on. Hopefully this will help I would love to get root status and possibly in the future a custom rom.