• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Q] Help with Sprint ZTE Flash N9500 and Bin4ry's root toolkit

Search This thread

ace0195

Jul 10, 2013
Wichita Falls, TX
Everything seems to go good and the script completes, but no root or Superuser installed. I've tried both Option 1 and 3.

Edit: I've tried redownloading as well and it doesnt fix the missing folder issue.

Log:
======================================================================
= This script will root your Android phone with adb restore function =
= Script by Bin4ry (thanks to Goroh_kun and tkymgr for the idea) =
= Idea for Tablet S from Fi01_IS01 =
= (18.06.2013) v31 =

Device type:
1) New Standard-Root (thx Ariel Berkman)
2) New Xperia Root by Goroh_kun (Xperia Z, Xperia V [JellyBean] ...)
3) Old
4) Old-Special (for example: Sony Tablet S, Medion Lifetab)
G) Google Glass Mode (thx Saurik for the ab file)

x) Unroot

Make a choice: 1
Please connect Device with enabled USB-Debugging to your Computer
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
Doing a Backup first, please confirm this on your device!
Now unlock your device and confirm the backup operation.
Done!
Press any key to continue . . .
Please select the RESTORE MY DATA option now on your device!
Now unlock your device and confirm the restore operation.
Please press any Key when restore is done.
Going to reboot now ...
1761 KB/s (380532 bytes in 0.211s)
2884 KB/s (1500495 bytes in 0.508s)
2557 KB/s (1165484 bytes in 0.445s)
remote object '/system/bin/ric' does not exist
Going to copy files to it's place
Rebooting again, please wait!
Could Not Find C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\Root by Bin4ry\ric
Restoring previous Backup! Please select the RESTORE MY DATA option now on your
device!
Going to reboot last time now ...
You can close all open command-prompts now!
After reboot all is done! Have fun!
Bin4ry

Last edited:
Reactions: EGAcls

nvcboss

Feb 25, 2013
like this ?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1598713

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

or this
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_porting_intro

I found one, but I need source code for Flash. Time to bombard ZTE with emails.

Sent from my N9500 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

I found one, but I need source code for Flash. Time to bombard ZTE with emails.

nvm, i confused it with typing repo sync

nvcboss

Feb 25, 2013

beatstork

Dec 30, 2010
Hey! I'm the guy with the jb ZTE Flash...

Just wondering if there is a chance to unbrick my device, I don't wanna throw it away. Does anyone know if it's possible? Also

Has anyone tried to do what I did? I went to two different corporate stores and both updated my device... Actually it was two different devices, I got the first one updated to jb by them because I soft bricked it.. Then I bricked it again but took it to a different corporate store where the guy just told me that there was no hope for my device, even when the first corp. store fixed it by just flashing it. He just didn't seem to get it.. The phone was stuck at the sprint animation. So he ordered another one, and when I got it I just simply asked for the update and they took it to the back and did it.

And by trying to flash cwm. It got bricked to the point where it won't boot into anything. It just gives me the Red led... With a black screen.

Just so u know, I did not photoshop the images. It was a legit copy of jb.. Provided by two different sprint corporate offices at different times/dates to different ZTE Flash n9500 devices given by them, not bought online, not European, African, Puerto Rican, or Mexican...

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 AM ----------

I can't believe how much sprint and ZTE have lied about this update.. Come on

pos companies

Btw, I got ripped off when I bought my N5.. They lowered the price of the phone and charged me with a jbl blue tooth speaker. I ended paying the same amount anyways. I just called them a week later and told them what happened and said "I just want what I bought, I don't wanna make a big deal" and they told me to go back to the store and they gave me the speaker :)

It's loud, I recommend it to anyone

Reactions: Crwolv

espeon

Mar 29, 2013
Its been a .month since I've last seen activity here!
Any news?

I might build AOKP 4.3 if I get this phone; I've been looking at it since my Opti S died.

Only problem I might have is with the kernel, since there were well-developed kernels for the Opti S. I'll have no clue what I'm doing with the Flash's kernel if I do get one.

Last edited:

nvcboss

Feb 25, 2013
My camera is not working, I flashed a system.img I found on android forums. But I am still rooted and my camera is not working. Any suggestions?

Can I have more detail? Like in which way is it not working, is it just a blank screen? Have you tried to to re install camera.apk?

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

I might build AOKP 4.3 if I get this phone; I've been looking at it since my Opti S died.

Only problem I might have is with the kernel, since there were well-developed kernels for the Opti S. I'll have no clue what I'm doing with the Flash's kernel if I do get one.

Sounds like good plans. All you have to do is study up, like I'm doing so i can port CM 11 tk the Flash. :)

Riomaru

Jan 6, 2010
Can I have more detail? Like in which way is it not working, is it just a blank screen? Have you tried to to re install camera.apk?

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Sounds like good plans. All you have to do is study up, like I'm doing so i can port CM 11 tk the Flash. :)

Sure at first ill boot up the camera, then its just a black screen. So i flashed a recovery.img and system.img maybe thinking it would work. So i went into the apps and force closed and cleared the data. And now it shows can't connect to camera. Ill try to re install the camera.apk

BryanMohr

Aug 20, 2011
Anything I can do?

I've got B14 (with root) so I'm not sure if there's much I can do. But if there is, please let me know and I'll be happy to contribute, I haven't installed CWM yet (lost the link for the beta and haven't been able to find it again) but will if I can find it. I'm fine with soft-bricking this phone if I have to since I have a couple backup phones to use if I need to ... as long as I have a small chance of unbricking it in the future.

I keep getting messages from Sprint about an update each time I reboot, but the install fails every time (I'm assuming because it's rooted) and I would love to get Cyanogenmod on this phone!

I'm also an application developer, with dabblings in low level system development under my belt so if I can help out there (with some initial instruction) I'd be more than happy to. Just let me know if there's anything I can do. I'm still fairly new to Android, but I've written device drivers for DOS 3.1 and am quick to pick up things.

espeon

Mar 29, 2013

I just got the phone; I'm probably going to work on pulling the kernel and system stuff this weekend. I did notice that it has the same specs as the xperia tl, which'll be handy if we get stuck.

I'm probably either going to build aosp or cm instead of aokp since they tend to be easier.

espeon

Mar 29, 2013
Thanks to this guy over at androidforums I don't have to bother to pull all that info so once my exams are done with I'll work on making a device folder for this :D

I'm probably going to take the lazy way and take the xperia S's device folder and modify the relevant stuff since it has the same specs as the Flash.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everything seems to go good and the script completes, but no root or Superuser installed. I've tried both Option 1 and 3.

Edit: I've tried redownloading as well and it doesnt fix the missing folder issue.

Log:
    = This script will root your Android phone with adb restore function =
    = Script by Bin4ry (thanks to Goroh_kun and tkymgr for the idea) =
    = Idea for Tablet S from Fi01_IS01 =
    = (18.06.2013) v31 =

Device type:
    1) New Standard-Root (thx Ariel Berkman)
    2) New Xperia Root by Goroh_kun (Xperia Z, Xperia V [JellyBean] ...)
    3) Old
    4) Old-Special (for example: Sony Tablet S, Medion Lifetab)
    G) Google Glass Mode (thx Saurik for the ab file)

x) Unroot

Make a choice: 1
    Please connect Device with enabled USB-Debugging to your Computer
    * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
    * daemon started successfully *
    Doing a Backup first, please confirm this on your device!
    Now unlock your device and confirm the backup operation.
    Done!
    Please select the RESTORE MY DATA option now on your device!
    Going to reboot now ...
    1761 KB/s (380532 bytes in 0.211s)
    2884 KB/s (1500495 bytes in 0.508s)
    2557 KB/s (1165484 bytes in 0.445s)
    remote object '/system/bin/ric' does not exist
    Going to copy files to it's place
    Rebooting again, please wait!
    Could Not Find C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\Root by Bin4ry\ric
    Restoring previous Backup! Please select the RESTORE MY DATA option now on your
    device!
    Going to reboot last time now ...
    You can close all open command-prompts now!
    After reboot all is done! Have fun!
    Bin4ry
    yes it has same specs and better screen and camera than american sgs3. now root. woohoo. worked for ZTE SPRINT FLASH

Agreed, I wish we could get a developer community on this phone. Only thing I miss about my old Optimus S is there were plenty of ROMs available :p
    Is there any stock rom for this phone? I cant seem to find anything on it.
    Just checking in to see if there is a stock JB ROM available yet for this phone.
    here is the recovery forum http://androidforums.com/flash-all-things-root/790943-cwm-beta.html and use the zip i uploaded to root and you be done dont flash this zip extract and run it