[Q] [Help] Xperia M stuck in boot loop

Search This thread
Feb 16, 2012
Hello,

My Stock rooted Xperia M has stuck in boot loop (The colourful waves thingy) after I tried to install Xposed framework. Please help, its not turning on. What can be done?

There is no recovery installed.

Thanks

Antrikos48

Oct 18, 2013
Nicosia
Hello,

My Stock rooted Xperia M has stuck in boot loop (The colourful waves thingy) after I tried to install Xposed framework. Please help, its not turning on. What can be done?

Thanks

If anyone doesn't have a better idea, you will probably have to repair from PCC.

This message was brought to you from my Sony Xperia M C1905 using Tapatalk.

Antrikos48

Oct 18, 2013
Nicosia
Thanks fort replying.

The phone isn't detecting in PC companion. Can you suggest how to connect it, using fast boot methods etc.?

It wont detect it. Go to update and when it tells you no device detected, click repair. When it prepares the firmware and asks you to connect it, hold vol down while plugging it in. IIRC that's how I did it.
PS: it'll get wiped

Feb 16, 2012
It wont detect it. Go to update and when it tells you no device detected, click repair. When it prepares the firmware and asks you to connect it, hold vol down while plugging it in. IIRC that's how I did it.

Thanks, I will try it right away. :)

Feb 16, 2012

Thanks a ton, it worked. :)

Divyesh747

Dec 10, 2013
OnePlus 9RT
I have Same problem Help me......

:crying:

Feb 16, 2014
have same problem

i have exactly same problem but different xperia phone the thing is i havent back it up is there some way to back up before i try ur method because
i want all my app data and apps installed because i dont know what i had installed in the first place.

plz help i will really appreciate it

P.S. i have my whole life on there :crying:

mbc07

Dec 12, 2013
Sony Xperia M
Sony Xperia X
In the last time the phone booted ADB was enabled, then you should be able to do the following adb commands while in the bootloop:
Code:
adb pull /data/app .\app
adb pull /data/data .\data
adb pull /sdcard .\sdcard

Then you flash it in repair mode through SUS or PC Companion, after that enable ADB and do the following commands, but make sure your working dir is the same used during adb pull, otherwise it'll fail:
Code:
adb push .\app /data/app
adb push .\data /data/data
adb push .\sdcard /sdcard

If ADB wasn't enabled, then you will need Flash Tool and a FTF file for Xperia M, choosing to flash only /system partition should make it work again with minimal data loss (any app/mod that modified the /system partition will be lost)

Reactions: Antrikos48

Marimuthu

May 8, 2014
Xperia M 4.3 rooting problem(Bootloop)

Hi ,
I have downloaded 4.3 update and flashed it using flashtool and for rooting i downloaded 4.3 boot image and went thru' cwm mode and flashed it and after rebooting mobile gets bootloop problem please tell where would be the problem. how can i root it.( I have unlocked my bootloader ).

Thankz in Advance.....:good:

XDASenior

Oct 27, 2013
anywhere
Hi ,
I have downloaded 4.3 update and flashed it using flashtool and for rooting i downloaded 4.3 boot image and went thru' cwm mode and flashed it and after rebooting mobile gets bootloop problem please tell where would be the problem. how can i root it.( I have unlocked my bootloader ).

While rooting (In CWM) mount system and storage.This would help you

storekey

Account currently disabled
Jun 2, 2010
Preciso de uma room xperia M2004 dual urgente

While rooting (In CWM) mount system and storage.This would help you

Ao desbloquear bootload aparelho entrou em bootloop, após pisquei CWM com sucesso, em seguida, binário super su com sucesso. Mas o Room sumiu???, preciso de uma room e um método para piscar. Alguém pode me ajudar?

Sep 3, 2014
Hi ,

Thats probably because you are using the wrong boot image file of CWM. make sure you have the proper file i.e for the proper firmware and redo what you already know update and flash boot :)

filipbg

Sep 25, 2012
Hi guys, please help, I have a simmilar problem.
I have (successfully) rooted my phone while leaving bootloader unlocked, but than I've realized that I have to unlock it in order to install CM11.
I have followed the instructions on SE folder and got the message that bootloader is successfully unlocked.
After that, the phone enters a bootloop every time I try to turn it on. Then, I've instaled CWM using flashtool and boot.img from CM11(kernel)?
Maybe the last one was bad idea, but I wanted to try to simply install new rom and see if it will help.
But I've stopped to ask for advice, is that the right thing to do or something else?

edit:
Because I've instaled CM11's boot.img(kernel) I don't know if I can simply use PC companion repair? And if I use PC companion what will happen with my root? And is it safe just to try to continue with installing CM11?

Last edited:

blaspheme000

Jun 28, 2014
Hi ,

Do you fixed the bootloop after unlocking bootloader?
Or maybe you used an invalid cwm.

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

edit:
Because I've instaled CM11's boot.img(kernel) I don't know if I can simply use PC companion repair? And if I use PC companion what will happen with my root? And is it safe just to try to continue with installing CM11?

Don't update using pcc or ur phone will brick. Just download the 4.3 Ftf and flash via flashtool. Then flash cwm kernel for cm11 then flassh cm11 rom.

Or if u can access cwm of cm11 wipe data cache and flash cm11 rom.

srivmanu

Dec 12, 2012
NOIDA
Hello,

Thanks

If you use this method, you will lose your settings and personal apps and data.
you've been warned.

Download Flashtool, and the firmware(ftf). 15.5.a.1.5, its available on XDA.
Install Flashtool, run it. On first run it will download a list of devices from GitHub. Then install drivers from Flashtool/drivers folder. select Xperia M (nicki), flash, and fastboot drivers.

Run Flashtool again, select the lightening symbol on top. select flash mode.
Select the ftf file(firmware) downloaded.
It will prepare the files then will ask you to connect the device.
Press volume down button pressed and connect the device to PC.
It will install the frimware.

filipbg

Sep 25, 2012
Do you fixed the bootloop after unlocking bootloader?
Or maybe you used an invalid cwm.

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

Don't update using pcc or ur phone will brick. Just download the 4.3 Ftf and flash via flashtool. Then flash cwm kernel for cm11 then flassh cm11 rom.

Or if u can access cwm of cm11 wipe data cache and flash cm11 rom.

I don't know what caused the bootloop. Thanks for pcc info, **** I'd never say that would cause brick :D

Anyway, I've just flashed original rom again, than cwm for cm11 and cwm11. Now it's fine.
If anyone has same problem, this can help:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1849170

Layonne

Oct 17, 2014

How i go to update? on fastboot ? plz help me!
I just unlocked the boot loader using fastboot but it's stucked on SERVICE PROVIDER logo

Sai Bhasker Raju

Mar 3, 2014
Hyderabad
Easy there, this will Help

I just unlocked the boot loader using fastboot but it's stucked on SERVICE PROVIDER logo
Hello there,
I think i have a solution to your problem and the answer is ( just follow what i say)
1) Download Androxyde XPERIA Flashtool from here.
2) Then install it on your PC , later install Fastboot and Flashtool Drivers (the .exe file will be there in c:\flashtool\flashtool drivers,u need not download separately) , as u are using Sony Xperia M , Check Flashtool drivers , Fastboot Drivers and Drivers for Xperia P,S when prompted.
3) Download the .FTF file of your Phone. Google it u"ll find it in no time
4)Then open Flashtool and Connect your Phone in Flashmode Mode ( by holding Volume Down button ,check for ur phone )
5) Search for the .FTFfile u"ve downloaded , Do check Wipe cache and data checkboxes and then click Flash, plz wait for the Flashtool to detect and prepare your files for Flashing
That's it , Now your Phone will work like never before
Plz tell me if it worked or not coz it worked for me and i am sure it will work for u too. i use Sony Xperia M Dual C2004
Hit thanks if it helped

Last edited:
Reactions: Layonne

Layonne

Oct 17, 2014
Hello there,
I think i have a solution to your problem and the answer is ( just follow what i say)
1) Download Androxyde XPERIA Flashtool from .
2) Then install it on your PC , later install Fastboot and Flashtool Drivers (the .exe file will be there in c:\flashtool\flashtool drivers,u need not download separately) , as u are using Sony Xperia M , Check Flashtool drivers , Fastboot Drivers and Drivers for Xperia P,S when prompted.
4)Then open Flashtool and Connect your Phone in Flashmode Mode ( by holding Volume Down button ,check for ur phone )
5) Search for the .FTFfile u"ve downloaded , Do check Wipe cache and data checkboxes and then click Flash, plz wait for the Flashtool to detect and prepare your files for Flashing
Plz tell me if it worked or not coz it worked for me and i am sure it will work for u too. i use Sony Xperia M Dual C2004
Hit thanks if it helped

Worked Thank's a lot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks fort replying.

The phone isn't detecting in PC companion. Can you suggest how to connect it, using fast boot methods etc.?

In the last time the phone booted ADB was enabled, then you should be able to do the following adb commands while in the bootloop:
    Code:
    adb pull /data/app .\app
    adb pull /data/data .\data
    adb pull /sdcard .\sdcard

Then you flash it in repair mode through SUS or PC Companion, after that enable ADB and do the following commands, but make sure your working dir is the same used during adb pull, otherwise it'll fail:
    Code:
    adb push .\app /data/app
    adb push .\data /data/data
    adb push .\sdcard /sdcard

If ADB wasn't enabled, then you will need Flash Tool and a FTF file for Xperia M, choosing to flash only /system partition should make it work again with minimal data loss (any app/mod that modified the /system partition will be lost)
    Easy there, this will Help

Hello there,
    1) Download Androxyde XPERIA Flashtool from here.
    Hit thanks if it helped