[Q] Hisense Sero 7 Pro Rooting

ATGAdmin

Feb 25, 2012
Western NY State
www.nyspctech.com
I believe you're right about needing the ADB drivers from Hisense, hopefully over the next few days, it will materialize on their site. I guess they felt we needed to download their presskit instead of drivers or firmware. :rolleyes:

Anyway, maybe it's worth trying Koush's Universal ADB drivers? Possibly one in the list will work with this.
http://liliputing.com/2013/04/koush...connectinghacking-android-devices-easier.html

EDIT: Also found this one: Essential ADB Driver Installer http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2091922

Mike T
Was able to get the adb driver installed using a generic Hisense driver (see attached for driver and screen shot of device mgr.), however when I do an "ADB Devices", it's still not found.
I tried every driver that I could find and thought this one would do it especially as it identifies the device properly when installing the driver.
Maybe if enough ppl bug the h3ll out of their customer service phone number, they'll get us a driver that works?!
Just a thought ;)

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: webdroidmt

tharien

Mar 3, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
UPDATED POST HERE - Root Instructions

Anyway, maybe it's worth trying Koush's Universal ADB drivers? Possibly one in the list will work with this.
http://liliputing.com/2013/04/koush...connectinghacking-android-devices-easier.html

Mike T
1: Install this driver pack
2: Boot to Recovery - Power + Vol (-)
3: Select "Update from ADB"
4: Launch ADB - Device Found - "id hash" sideload
- Windows now sees the device as an Android Phone -> Google Galaxy Nexus ADB Interface
This is a dead end - error on anything but "adb sideload <filename>" - apk push succeed - installation failed

Fastboot attempt in a new reply.

Last edited:

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
Was able to get the adb driver installed using a generic Hisense driver (see attached for driver and screen shot of device mgr.), however when I do an "ADB Devices", it's still not found.
I tried every driver that I could find and thought this one would do it especially as it identifies the device properly when installing the driver.
Maybe if enough ppl bug the h3ll out of their customer service phone number, they'll get us a driver that works?!
Just a though ;)
ATG, good seeing you here. Don't know if you saw my post in the General section in the N7 forum re: Nexalicious for the N7 but it appears that the 5/23 gapps file is corrupt.

Thanks for putting your rom back up on your site, great rom! Would be nice to see Nexalicious on the Hisense once it gets rooted. :D

Apologies to all, for getting OT.

Mike T

Last edited:

ATGAdmin

Feb 25, 2012
Western NY State
www.nyspctech.com
ATG, good seeing you here. Don't know if you saw my post in the General section in the N7 forum re: Nexalicious for the N7 but it appears that the 5/23 gapps file is corrupt.

Thanks for putting your rom back up on your site, great rom! Would be nice to see Nexalicious on the Hisense once it gets rooted. :D

Apologies to all, for getting OT.

Mike T
Sorry bro, I'm just helping a neighbor along with his tablet.

You know posting here is a last resort for me lol ;)

ATGAdmin

Feb 25, 2012
Western NY State
www.nyspctech.com
Yes, I know. :laugh: Well, at least I still have Nexalicious on my N7, you do still have the N7, right? :D

Thanks again,
Mike T
For now I do yes. Let me know if that file was corrupt. Check the MD5sum against the one one the download site to see if it matches yours.
I've been using those same gapps for at least a dozen flashes or so ;)

I can confirm what tharien posted. I tried updating with a universal JB root package and I got installation aborted.
I can't get into fastboot to do a "fastboot oem unlock" however. :confused:

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
For now I do yes. Let me know if that file was corrupt. Check the MD5sum against the one one the download site to see if it matches yours.

I can confirm what tharien posted. I tried updating with a universal JB root package and I got installation aborted.
Just downloaded again and the MD5 matches, it's always matched on every download. I've had downloads from every mirror and they all come up corrupt.
MD5: 207309b8a7e247ba5ddf110e103d870b

I can't figure it out??? On testing the zip, if I try to extract with Winrar, the META-INF folder won't extract. If I try to extract with IZArc, nothing extracts but more importantly, when flashing with TWRP, it fails, most likely because the META-INF folder is corrupt and TWRP can't read the script. I ended up downloading your 5/18 gapps and placed the 5/23 gapps files in that archive and it flashed successfully... rom running great.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that last night, when I downloaded the rom & gapps, the host server said they were recovering from a power outage. So, it's possible that the gapps became corrupted after you may have downloaded them earlier???

As for the ADB situation with the Hisense, I'm sure it will get figured out.

Mike T

Last edited:

tharien

Mar 3, 2008
Jacksonville, FL

I changed the Nvidia detected fastboot driver - using the Asus Fastboot found in the Universal pack. I can get the device id again, and after some face to keyboard time i was able to get a reboot by specifing the device name

Code:
fastboot -p fastboot reboot
Ill keep poking at it..

ATGAdmin

Feb 25, 2012
Western NY State
www.nyspctech.com
Just downloaded again and the MD5 matches, it's always matched on every download. I've had downloads from every mirror and they all come up corrupt.
MD5: 207309b8a7e247ba5ddf110e103d870b

I can't figure it out??? On testing the zip, if I try to extract with Winrar, the META-INF folder won't extract. If I try to extract with IZArc, nothing extracts but more importantly, when flashing with TWRP, it fails, most likely because the META-INF folder is corrupt and TWRP can't read the script. I ended up downloading your 5/18 gapps and placed the 5/23 gapps files in that archive and it flashed successfully... rom running great.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that last night, when I downloaded the rom & gapps, the host server said they were recovering from a power outage. So, it's possible that the gapps became corrupted after you may have downloaded them earlier???

As for the ADB situation with the Hisense, I'm sure it will get figured out.

Mike T
UGH ok bro, thanks for letting me know. I'll upload them right now to devhost and change the link ;)

EDIT: Dev Host was down, so I re-uploaded them to Android File Host, and checked the download, all is well now, and thanks for the heads up ;)

Last edited:

tharien

Mar 3, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Looks like all the fastboot commands are working well, that is to say i was able to erase my recovery and flash a CW from the N7, however, it hangs when booting into recovery now... still cant find a ADB driver that works with debug

and OEM unlock fails.

I kept looking around and found information about getting oem USB recognized in the SDK - I dropped 0x109b into adb_usb.ini and it works like a charm using the Android Composite USB Interface driver.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

And rooted

Ill write it up asap.

Also need to get my recovery fixed =(

TonyBigs

Apr 14, 2011
New owner here.

Did anyone else have to go to multiple stores only to deal with customer service that had no clue what you were looking for?

The first store I went to, they older guy was disgruntle I interrupted him, when I pressed him to do his job he couldn't spell Hisense.
That is very true. I picked one up today and they had to "go in the back" to get it. The tablet was not on display at all. So far it's been a crazy good deal. JB 4.2.1. Seems pretty much stock Android with Walmart apps, Vudu and Pandora. Reads Sandisk 64GB microsdxc, nice 1280x800 7" IPS display, over 4000 on Quadrant. The camera is so-so but it has a flash. Volume is pretty loud. Construction seems rugged enough. I expect the rubberized paint to deteriorate eventually but maybe not.

May be a Nexus 7 (or any 7" tablet) killer.

CBConsultation

Nov 8, 2010
squareup.com
I have a Nexus 7, and went to pick up one of these today. Fantastic tablet. I got the Pro 7 and it works great. I can't wait til we have root and recovery working so the Rom's can begin. This things runs so smooth. Already removed the bloatware without issue.

Reactions: Rstgo

tharien

Mar 3, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
How to obtain root

- Thank you to all the respective devs that made the tools used here

This assume's you have installed the Android SDK (as well as the USB Driver modules through the SDK) and have put your device in USB debug mode.

1. Plug in the device and let Windows fail to find a driver - if it finds one take note and uninstall the device and driver then start again
  2. Go to C:\Users\<User>\.android\ and open adb_usb.ini
  3. Add 0x109b in the list accordingly (if there are devices listed already it is ok, just list it last)
  4. Test connectivity to the device through ADB
  5. Download Motochop and run the included batch file - nhshah7

PLEASE NOTE
I'm looking for a way restore my recovery partition as I killed it working on this. I dont want to have to hunt a new tablet down here :(

Also - Not responsible for your defunct results

Last edited:

dparrothead1

Mar 13, 2011
Florida
Sorry bro, I'm just helping a neighbor along with his tablet.

You know posting here is a last resort for me lol ;)
Been looking for you everywhere! I'm pretty you won't, but you would make a lot of people happy if you would reopen your Nexus 7 thread.

But whatever you decide to do, good luck to you!!

BTW, I have been trying to keep everyone updated about your site, hope you dont mind.

David

Reactions: ATGAdmin

RemmyLee

May 18, 2013
1: Install this driver pack
2: Boot to Recovery - Power + Vol (-)
3: Select "Update from ADB"
4: Launch ADB - Device Found - "id hash" sideload
- Windows now sees the device as an Android Phone -> Google Galaxy Nexus ADB Interface
This is a dead end - error on anything but "adb sideload <filename>" - apk push succeed - installation failed

Fastboot attempt in a new reply.
How to obtain root

- Thank you to all the respective devs that made the tools used here

This assume's you have installed the Android SDK and have put your device in USB debug mode.

1. Plug in the device and let Windows fail to find a driver - if it finds one take note and uninstall the device and driver then start again
  2. Go to C:\Users\<User>\.android\ and open adb_usb.ini
  3. Add 0x109b in the list accordingly (if there are devices listed already it is ok, just list it last)
  4. Test connectivity to the device through ADB
  5. Download Motochop and run the included batch file - nhshah7

PLEASE NOTE
I'm looking for a way restore my recovery partition as I killed it working on this. I dont want to have to hunt a new tablet down here :(

Also - Not responsible for your defunct results
I'm a bit confused here. I have the SDK installed, but adb_usb.ini isn't there. Also, are we to remove any and all drivers and simply have the device show up as "Other Devices-->M470BSA"?

webdroidmt

Dec 20, 2011
NJ
UGH ok bro, thanks for letting me know. I'll upload them right now to devhost and change the link ;)

EDIT: Dev Host was down, so I re-uploaded them to Android File Host, and checked the download, all is well now, and thanks for the heads up ;)
Thanks for the re-upload, just d/l and tested...all good!

To All, sorry for sidetracking the thread again. I'm done with this, now back on topic.

Mike T

Reactions: Rstgo