[Q] Hisense Sero 7 Pro Rooting

HYDRO777

Aug 25, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
Can I find a work around and flash from sdcard?

OK Guys I need some help here and thanks to anyone who can help!
I have a Sero 7 Pro tablet I purchased and it gets stuck on boot on either the Hisense screen or sometimes it makes it to the Smart screen and then never completes booting. Ive already tried using recovery and doing the factory reset with the same results. And NO GOOD.
I want to install a new rom but I never made the needed settings to enable USB Debugging and developer etc. needed to root this broken puppy. Is there another way I can root this device? In the recovery menu I have several options. 1 apply update from ADB and 2 apply update from sdcard. Is there a way I can root using files loaded on the sd card? When using my PC connected via the usb cord my PC is not seeing the tablet. I am running win7 64 bit system. Anyone have any ideas that can help me get this running again? Ive rooted my HTC One (M7) and I also rooted a Sony Experia Ion too so I have some experience. Im a noob but not a total noob if you know what I mean.. Thanks! PLZ HELP!

dltiffany

Dec 6, 2014
Sero 7 Pro stuck on "android" during boot.

I have a Sero Pro 7 stuck on a screen I don't recognize. Just the word android with a highlight cycling from left to right. Originally I was stuck on the Smart screen, then did a factory reset. After the reset, booting goes to the hisense screen, then this android screen. Has anyone encountered this? Thanks in advance. I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place; I'm new to the forum.

dltiffany

Dec 6, 2014
I have a Sero Pro 7 stuck on a screen I don't recognize. Just the word android with a highlight cycling from left to right. Originally I was stuck on the Smart screen, then did a factory reset. After the reset, booting goes to the hisense screen, then this android screen. Has anyone encountered this? Thanks in advance. I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place; I'm new to the forum.
I got it running for a while, but thought I'd try shutting down and re-starting and I haven't been able to. Have reset it several times. I get different results when I attempt to start, sometimes the Smart screen forever, once or twice the Android screen, right now it seems to want to show the Hisense screen for a while, then blank, but not off. If I hold the power button it will shut off all the way, getting just a little darker.

don8877

Feb 12, 2015
serolicous custom recovery does not work

What the heck is going on with some of these devs and their roms serolicous works for 10 minutes boots up properly but then preperation zip removes my cwm selinuxs and serolicous recovery does not work for crap tablets boots to hisense logo then to a recovery that does not work seems like my tablet is now toasted the best rom with no problem so far is XBOX XPERT ROM. Why the heck did i ever mess around with serolicous power volume down and no working recovery. that can help me to wipe and revert back to XBOX XPERT ROM OR STOCK ROM what the heck man this is so wrong man

Last edited:

don8877

Feb 12, 2015
Beware of serolicous rom bricks hisense sero 7 pro

HAD XBOX XPERT ROM ON MY HISENSE SERO 7 PRO GOT CURIOUS AND FLASH SEROLICOUS TO THE BOOK NOW TABLET BOOTS TO HISENSE LOGO THEN TO SOME SORT OF RECOVERY THAT DOESNT WORK ANY HELP ON THIS IS APPRECIATED https:/ /m.youtube.com. /watch? feature=youtu.be&v= 61mzDDTTZhE

don8877

Feb 12, 2015
I flash dopa rom to the book with selinux cwm my battery drain and would not charge

Go to this thread to install DOPA 4.4.2 KitKat rom, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2709243
I did this last week, using the PC to push the PHILZ recovery so that I could install this ROM.
I had XBOX's ROM and messed around with the build.prop file and put my tablet in the exact state yours is in.

Now it runs great.
ALL my tablet does now is boot to hisense logo then boots to fake cwm 6.0.4.5 recovery that doesnt work its just stuck there and the battery doesnt charge use AC CHARGER THATS THE ONL WAY i get this to boot cant even go into FASTBOOT this video shows [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3WkDdkjMFw]

danknasty

Nov 6, 2014
I just ordered one of these and was wondering if there is any rooting information for a newbie. My only other prior rooting experience is an amazon fire tv and I think this is probably completely different. I saw the first page of this post but as it was made in 2013 I was hoping there would be an updated root or rom or whatever... thanks

boonesmi

Jan 9, 2014
I just ordered one of these and was wondering if there is any rooting information for a newbie. My only other prior rooting experience is an amazon fire tv and I think this is probably completely different. I saw the first page of this post but as it was made in 2013 I was hoping there would be an updated root or rom or whatever... thanks
to root it use the directions in the first post, but you are correct you probably don't want to use the clockworkmod or rom in the first post.

the three things you need to do are
1 root it
2 install a new recovery
3 install a new rom (from within the new recovery)

once you have it rooted i would suggest going here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2696065
and choosing from either the 3rd of the 4th post for a recovery and a rom. there are lollipop roms available, but they are still quite buggy. for me by far the best roms are kitkat based (4.4)
both davepmer and delorespark have very stable (bug free) roms. i really like omnirom from davepmer. but if you want really good directions you might want to try AOSP from delorespark.

Reactions: mladym

danknasty

Nov 6, 2014
to root it use the directions in the first post, but you are correct you probably don't want to use the clockworkmod or rom in the first post.

the three things you need to do are
1 root it
2 install a new recovery
3 install a new rom (from within the new recovery)

once you have it rooted i would suggest going here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2696065
and choosing from either the 3rd of the 4th post for a recovery and a rom. there are lollipop roms available, but they are still quite buggy. for me by far the best roms are kitkat based (4.4)
both davepmer and delorespark have very stable (bug free) roms. i really like omnirom from davepmer. but if you want really good directions you might want to try AOSP from delorespark.
Thanks for the help I think I have it pretty much figured out aside from the 10 or so variations of each of the numerous roms and what any of it really means.. Just to avoid picking one at random is there a specific one you suggest... one says kitkat and one says 4.4 beanstalk does that mean its kitkat?

boonesmi

Jan 9, 2014
Thanks for the help I think I have it pretty much figured out aside from the 10 or so variations of each of the numerous roms and what any of it really means.. Just to avoid picking one at random is there a specific one you suggest... one says kitkat and one says 4.4 beanstalk does that mean its kitkat?
for simplicity i would probably say this one
AOSP v4.4.4_r2 DoPa v2.6 (US/UK/AU) --- AOSP is just a plain jane generic version of android

or if you want something a little flashier i would suggest either omnirom or cyanogenmod. both can be found in davepmers post near the bottom (under f2fs section) the two newest ones are dated oct 15 and 16

danknasty

Nov 6, 2014
for simplicity i would probably say this one
AOSP v4.4.4_r2 DoPa v2.6 (US/UK/AU) --- AOSP is just a plain jane generic version of android

or if you want something a little flashier i would suggest either omnirom or cyanogenmod. both can be found in davepmers post near the bottom (under f2fs section) the two newest ones are dated oct 15 and 16
I notice the bottom two you suggested said I have to install another rom before that could the AOSP that you recommended be the first one.

boonesmi

Jan 9, 2014
I notice the bottom two you suggested said I have to install another rom before that could the AOSP that you recommended be the first one.

its referring to a new recovery that needs to be installed first.

for davepmer it would be:
1 root
2 recovery (TWRP 2.8.1.0 20141026-F2FS selinux enabled using F2FS data and cache)
3 rom (CM11 or Omnirom)

for delorespark it would be:
1 root
2 recovery (sero7pro-philz6.58.0-dopa-v2.7.zip)
3 rom (sero7pro-aosp444-dopa-v2.7.zip)

it doesn't matter which new rom you choose, you will need a new recovery that supports it

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

for some good directions go to :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2709243
and click the "click to show content" button right under "installation"

Last edited:

danknasty

Nov 6, 2014
Cool I got it I think I'm gonna try the latest rom lollipop it says it is relatively bug free. Thanks for all the help. I'm a little lost does cyanogen just include optimization like over clocking that the other Roms do not?

brooklynite

Sep 19, 2007
Automatic Root, Fully functional ClockWorkMod image, and plethora of other awesome stuff here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2297246
Thank you xboxexpert for all your hard work!

Step 1. Plug the device in to your computer and uninstall any drivers that may load.

Step 2. Download and update the Android SDK, including the USB Driver or try the PDANet drivers.

Step 3. Add the following line to adb_usb.ini found in your user directory in the .android folder (e.g. C:\Users\YourName\.android\):
Code:
0x109b
If the file does not exist, simply create it. This may require a reboot

Step 4. Load up ADB and check connectivity through the following command:
Code:
adb devices
Step 5. If everything reported correctly in the previous step, run Motochop.

Root directions
Thanks go out to tharien and ATGAdmin for figuring it out!

clockworkmod image - be sure to read the thread!
Thanks go out to pacman366!

The First Custom Rom!
by ATGAdmin

Hi There,

If I root this, can I use it as an Android TV box, connected to TV and showing full 1080p? My TV does not support 1280x800 and picture looks distorted and fuzzy. I was hoping I can get 1080p out of it, kind of how Windows can adjust the screen resolution on exterior monitors.

Reactions: emmetmyers
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone