[Q] How can I correctly uninstall EdXposed?

SebiAi

Jul 7, 2018
Hey! I recently got banned from Snapchat and I now want to uninstall that thing.
I installed the Magisk modules: Riru - Core & Riru - EdXposed
I installed the EdXposed Installer apk

How do I completely remove EdXposed? (I saw an uninstaller at the EdXposed Github. Do I need this?)

shadowstep

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala
Hey! I recently got banned from Snapchat and I now want to uninstall that thing.
I installed the Magisk modules: Riru - Core & Riru - EdXposed
I installed the EdXposed Installer apk

How do I completely remove EdXposed? (I saw an uninstaller at the EdXposed Github. Do I need this?)
Just flash the uninstaller zip from here, and it'll remove all remnants of EdXposed. I had a look at the flashable zip and it is deleting the modules created in Magisk Manager as well as the following two folders (which don't get removed if you just remove the modules from Magisk Manager):

/data/misc/riru/modules/edxposed/
/data/misc/riru/modules/edxp/

Reactions: Seneca7C and SebiAi

chalseu

Jan 15, 2018
Just flash the uninstaller zip from here, and it'll remove all remnants of EdXposed. I had a look at the flashable zip and it is deleting the modules created in Magisk Manager as well as the following two folders (which don't get removed if you just remove the modules from Magisk Manager):

Can I flash this through Magisk Manager? I don't have TWRP installed.

Reactions: SebiAi

shadowstep

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Jun 6, 2014
Ambala
Can I flash this through Magisk Manager? I don't have TWRP installed.
If you don't have TWRP, then just delete the following folders (if they exist for you) using a root file explorer and reboot, you should be good:

/data/adb/modules/riru_edxposed/
/data/adb/modules/riru_edxposed_sandhook/
/data/adb/modules/riru_edxposed_whale/

chalseu

Jan 15, 2018
If you don't have TWRP, then just delete the following folders (if they exist for you) using a root file explorer and reboot, you should be good:

/data/adb/modules/riru_edxposed/
/data/adb/modules/riru_edxposed_sandhook/
/data/adb/modules/riru_edxposed_whale/
I've deleted the riru folder since I've also uninstalled the Riru - Core module thinking it was necessary. Now, I'm afraid to reboot. Lol

lucidBrot

May 31, 2019
I'm on android 10 (lineageOS 17) and followed the instructions from the Youtube Vanced telegram channel.

1. Download and install MagsikHide Props Config via Magisk (download link below) then Reboot
2. Download any Android Terminal Emulator
3. Type "su" then "props" WITHOUT quotation marks
4. Type "1" for Edit device fingerprint
5. Type "f" for Pick a certified fingerprint
6. Type "18" for Xiaomi
7. Type "17" for Xiaomi Pocophone F1
8. Type "y" for yes
-Would you like to activate device simulation?
Type "n" for no
9. Then reboot by typing "y"
After all that, you can check the SafetyNet. If both passes, congrats!
It triggered both ctsProfile and basicIntegrity. The edXposed uninstaller was a .bin file, and after I renamed it to .zip and flashed it in TWRP the safetyNet issues still remain.
No bootloop though.

I uninstalled the Edxposed Manager app. Switched in Magisk Manager Settings to "Core only Mode" and rebooted. Then cleared cache of play services and cache and storage of play store after force stopping both. Deactivated "Core only Mode" and rebooted. SafetyNet Check passes again.

Last edited:

Seneca7C

May 24, 2019
I'm on android 10 (lineageOS 17) and followed the instructions from the Youtube Vanced telegram channel.

It triggered both ctsProfile and basicIntegrity. The edXposed uninstaller was a .bin file, and after I renamed it to .zip and flashed it in TWRP the safetyNet issues still remain.
No bootloop though.

I uninstalled the Edxposed Manager app. Switched in Magisk Manager Settings to "Core only Mode" and rebooted. Then cleared cache of play services and cache and storage of play store after force stopping both. Deactivated "Core only Mode" and rebooted. SafetyNet Check passes again.
The only method that's working flawlessly as of Aug 2020. Thanks kind stranger ;)

Reactions: lucidBrot

eater99999

Sep 16, 2010
I installed EdXposed but it bootloops if I try to boot my phone with root enabled. If I flash a non-rooted bootloader, then I can boot.

So now what I want to do is uninstall an EdXposed that's installed on a phone without root -- is that possible by any chance? Probably not?

Edited to add: And there's no TWRP available (Android 11 Pixel 4a).

Last edited:

eater99999

Sep 16, 2010
I solved my problem; here's how:

Code:
fastboot flash magisk_patched.img
2. Boot into the bootloop, and connect USB. Adb is usable during the bootlooping!
Code:
adb shell magisk --remove modules
4. Reboot into safe mode.
Code:
adb shell su
Code:
rm -rf /data/misc/riru/
7. Reboot!

TomekUser

Jun 28, 2015
I solved my problem; here's how:

Code:
fastboot flash magisk_patched.img
2. Boot into the bootloop, and connect USB. Adb is usable during the bootlooping!
Code:
adb shell magisk --remove modules
4. Reboot into safe mode.
Code:
adb shell su
Code:
rm -rf /data/misc/riru/
7. Reboot!
I have the same problem, but after step 3 my phone is automatically reboots to Bootloader Mode.
How did you manage to go to Safe mode from there?