[Q] How do i get busybox on the stock rom ?

Search This thread

SneakyGuyDavid

Jan 28, 2013
Providence, RI
i kinda already got setup, unlocked, and everything on the stock rom, since this phone (and other htc phones) is/are "system locked" how do i get busybox on this? i figured they would stick through recovery but i cant seem to find a flashable busybox xbin/bin, and i know there USED to be a way to bypass the system lock but it used to cause kernel panics, what do i do ?

ive tried using moonshine but as i posted in that thread it just freezes after Test 2 at ERROR: ADB failure

Last edited:

Kendosis

May 5, 2009
New York
Is there any other way then moonshine to get S-off ? And how can I manually flash busy box through recovery ? I can't seem to find a flashable

Sent from my HTC first

Moonshine is the only way, just do it lol it's extremely easy. I've ruu'd my first countless times already and turned s-off many times too no problems.

Here's the thread I used to flash busybox before I turned my s-off though.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=44175626

First I downloaded busybox from the playstore then I flashed it.

SneakyGuyDavid

Jan 28, 2013
Providence, RI
Moonshine is the only way, just do it lol it's extremely easy. I've ruu'd my first countless times already and turned s-off many times too no problems.

Here's the thread I used to flash busybox before I turned my s-off though.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=44175626

First I downloaded busybox from the playstore then I flashed it.

Well that sucks, I don't know what's up with moonshine, I keep getting "ERROR: ADB FAILURE"

Sent from my HTC first

SneakyGuyDavid

Jan 28, 2013
Providence, RI
Care to elaborate on your solution?

I used something called RUMRUNNER , I believe the url is something like rumrunner.us , anyways it uses similar commands as moonshine and similar website , but anyways since moonshine didn't work they recommended rumrunner on the irc and it worked perfect , the only thing though is that it caused a soft-brick which the only solution is to Relock the bootloader , which is fine because even with a lock boot loader you should still be able to flash roms and I think flash recoveries (I don't know just pick a custom recovery that you like just in case you can't later) and yeah that was it.

Oh another thing, if for some unknown reason you DONT wanna relock the boot loader (which keeps S-off after locking) then none of the roms based off stock will work, only the sense ports worked while unlocked and s-off for me.

But yeah this may not happen to everyone, just sharing my solution to a boot loop / soft brick if it happens to anyone who reads this as well.

Sent from my HTC first