[Q] How do you "Forget" out-of-range Wi-Fi networks???

Search This thread

KatanaMan

Aug 17, 2012
Boston
I've looked all over the place, but there does not appear to be a method to "Forget" a Wi-Fi connection unless you are in range of the Access Point. Does anyone know where the S6 stores all the saved Wi-Fi connection profiles? They do not appear under Settings -> Wi-Fi, that only shows you the ones that are currently in range, not your previously saved profiles.

I'm asking because I'd like to delete all the unsecured APs I've connected to in the past, due to the recent kepboard security bug announcement. I don't want to accidentally go in range of a stored unsecured network and put my phone at further risk.

KatanaMan

Aug 17, 2012
Boston
I'm answering my own question. I had to go out and download a 3rd party Wi-Fi manager app in order to display the saved out-of-range networks. Why this functionality is not built into the stock OS is beyond my wisdom.

afh3

Apr 30, 2013
Not sure why it doesn't work on yours, but on my S6 Edge (Verizon) I can go into settings, wifi, more, manage networks, and then long-press any entry and select "forget".

Cthugha

Mar 16, 2009
Same problem here, on unlocked and fully updated S6. There's no "manage networks" available in the Settings->Wi-Fi->More menu. Had to use 3rd party app to forget the networks...

thatsupnow

Jan 31, 2011
Vernon
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 5
I'm answering my own question. I had to go out and download a 3rd party Wi-Fi manager app in order to display the saved out-of-range networks. Why this functionality is not built into the stock OS is beyond my wisdom.

Better to just get used to it, or go with a different manufacturer, the direction Samsung has been going the last couple years screams iPhone. Just look at how they built the s6, s6 edge. It's only a matter of time before everything they make will be running tizen.

Cthugha

Mar 16, 2009
Better to just get used to it, or go with a different manufacturer, the direction Samsung has been going the last couple years screams iPhone. Just look at how they built the s6, s6 edge. It's only a matter of time before everything they make will be running tizen.

Just my opinion but I think the S6 is the best Galaxy they've made, both hardware and software. Very few issues with my S6 apart from this wifi network management.

I just wish they would release a Gear S2 running Android Wear instead of Tizen...

yeoldgreat1

Jan 24, 2010
Bedford
I downloaded the WiFi Manager app and when I try to delete an old Wifi network, my S6 gives me an error message that says that WiFi networks can only be deleted from the app they were created in, which means it can only be deleted in Samsung's own WiFi Settings screen :eek:

toolworker

Mar 16, 2017
The WiFi Manager third party app has an option to list Known Networks. Touching one brings up the option to forget it.

Unfortunately all you get under Nougat is a message that Android 6 only allows changes by the app that created the entry.

If the network is within range you can go to Settings / Connections / WiFi, touch a memorized network, and options come up including "Forget." But only if it's within range.

To forget "linksys", which my S7 insists on connecting to wherever it finds one, I took an old wifi router, configured it with the SSID "linksys", and was then able to see and forget it in Settings / Connections / WiFi.

It shouldn't be this hard.

Shuja.butt4

Apr 28, 2018
Gujranwala
?

This is the Method: Suppose you want to forget wifi network (test) Create a hotspot of another phone named (test) Security type>Wpa2 Passwork:12345678 Now turn on your s6 wifi Click forget enjoy:)

---------- Post added at 07:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

I downloaded the WiFi Manager app and when I try to delete an old Wifi network, my S6 gives me an error message that says that WiFi networks can only be deleted from the app they were created in, which means it can only be deleted in Samsung's own WiFi Settings screen :eek:

use this wifi manager app or download
This
wifi-connection-manager-001.jpg:l