[Q] How make S5 NOT show my number on calls......

Search This thread

dkperez

Mar 30, 2010
We need to turn OFF the display of the phone's number on outgoing calls.

I've found several things on the Internet that show how to do this........
They ALL (so far) send me into phone/settings/calls then tell me to select "MORE SETTINGS" I do not HAVE a "more settings". I have an "additional settings" where that would be, but all that's in there is TTY mode and Hearing aids.

How do I turn on and off the display of the phone number when making calls?

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
We need to turn OFF the display of the phone's number on outgoing calls.

I've found several things on the Internet that show how to do this........
They ALL (so far) send me into phone/settings/calls then tell me to select "MORE SETTINGS" I do not HAVE a "more settings". I have an "additional settings" where that would be, but all that's in there is TTY mode and Hearing aids.

Go to phone/settings/Calls/extra settings/caller-id.

dkperez

Mar 30, 2010
Go to phone/settings/Calls/extra settings/caller-id.

Thanks for the reply... Maybe I'm being unclear, or I'm just not SEEING it, but I don't have anything called "More Settings" or "Extra Settings" or anything even remotely like that. If I could find the place where "caller-id" is hiding I'd change the setting.........

Is this an Android 4.4.2 versus some other version thing? Or something Verizon did? 'Cause EVERY topic I've found keeps telling me to do this, and I can't find an entry... Here are the screenshots of everything I have in "Call"

Screenshot_2014-08-29-14-15-50_resized.png

Screenshot_2014-08-29-14-16-17_resized.png

Screenshot_2014-08-29-14-16-30_resized.png

Screenshot_2014-08-29-14-16-36_resized.png

Screenshot_2014-08-29-14-16-44_resized.png

dkperez

Mar 30, 2010
Its in Additional settings and then caller-id. 2nd pic.

Um, NO, it's not. 5th picture is what's in Additional Settings... TTY and Hearing Aids. I don't see ANYTHING in there for hiding the number...

And for the AT&T people, no, it's not in Accessibility either......

Somebody PLEASE tell me Verizon didn't do something as UTTERLY STUPID as to make it impossible to hide the number on outgoing calls...

puterdoc

Jul 18, 2009
Richmond
Am sure it won't make you feel any better but mine from Ntelos is exactly the same as yours. So you are not going crazy...concerning this at least.

I'm on 4.4.2 ANF1

fffft

Jul 16, 2013

How can we answer this when you didn't even tell us which S5 model you have, what your firmware build is? You should be providing a lot more information.

On my S5, you can click on the Phone app icon and look for
Phone > Settings > Call > More settings > Caller ID > Hide number

dkperez

Mar 30, 2010
How can we answer this when you didn't even tell us which S5 model you have, what your firmware build is? You should be providing a lot more information.

On my S5, you can click on the Phone app icon and look for
Phone > Settings > Call > More settings > Caller ID > Hide number

Ah, my error, I didn't realize Verizon had a bunch of different S5 models and different firmware builds in the very short period it's been available.

As for "use search"... Exactly WHAT would you like me to search for? Lessee, I tried "hide number on outgoing calls" and "outgoing caller id" and several others. So what search criteria would have taken me to the correct answer?

Model: SM-G900V
Android: 4.4.2

Beyond that, I have no idea what "firmware" it has.

As for the white background, I have no idea. It's white. I didn't make it white.

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Ah, my error, I didn't realize Verizon had a bunch of different S5 models and different firmware builds in the very short period it's been available.

As for "use search"... Exactly WHAT would you like me to search for? Lessee, I tried "hide number on outgoing calls" and "outgoing caller id" and several others. So what search criteria would have taken me to the correct answer?

As for the white background, I have no idea. It's white. I didn't make it white.

Can`t you just call Verizon and ask them how to turn off caller-id or look on their website for support?

Last edited:
Reactions: DeanonZL

dkperez

Mar 30, 2010
Can`t you just call Verizon and ask them how to turn off caller-id or look on their website for support?

Believe it or not, this feature doesn't exist on the phone with Verizon.... It's in the network. There was a pointer elsewhere to going into "My Verizon" to set it....

EXCEPT, it doesn't exist anywhere in the "Change Features". You actually have to CALL Verizon, wade through all the crap, get someone on the phone, and have THEM turn it on... And then, there's no "display" "hide" or such. Just a line in the "Change Features" that says "Caller ID Block".......

SO, in THEORY, it's resolved. We'll find out Tuesday. What a massive pain in the ass it is to get something that SHOULD be this trivial done.

zmag

Jan 25, 2011
Believe it or not, this feature doesn't exist on the phone with Verizon.... It's in the network. There was a pointer elsewhere to going into "My Verizon" to set it....

EXCEPT, it doesn't exist anywhere in the "Change Features". You actually have to CALL Verizon, wade through all the crap, get someone on the phone, and have THEM turn it on... And then, there's no "display" "hide" or such. Just a line in the "Change Features" that says "Caller ID Block".......

SO, in THEORY, it's resolved. We'll find out Tuesday. What a massive pain in the ass it is to get something that SHOULD be this trivial done.

My carrier is Ting and it is also in a seperate app (the Ting app via Play Store)

Ting also uses all Sprint devices and towers, so my phone is the SM-G900P (Sprint model) and uses all Sprint firmware.

Once I tried to block it, I believe it auto-updated the Profile to send it to their network.

Yes, huge PITA for a feature - but I believe they do this so people dont accidently enable blocking their Caller ID and waste their carriers time having to call Customer Service and ask why. There's prolly less people who want this feature than who do, so thats why they remove certain features...

Same as the Xposed mod to record calls - Samsung programmed it in, but due to legality issues - they cant make it easily enabled.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
I have no idea what "firmware" it has.

Your original post didn't tell us that you had a Verizon phone, let alone what firmware version you have. And for that matter, Verizon does hve multiple variants. If you read a handful of posts in the forum or did a Google search, you'd quickly find out how to identify the version. You comment about a white background with the implication that I asked or commented on it, which I didn't. I don't see how that is pertinent.

If you provide germane information, you'll get better answers. Otherwise people will make guesses and you may or may not find a useful conclusion. Good luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.