[Q] How many Xperia Arcs have the rebooting problem?

rustynuts34

Apr 21, 2010
Im not sure the phones been out long enough for se to have all the fixes yet not sticking up for them they need to fix things and hopefully they will. Look at Toyota they took years to fix the brakes on their cars ;-) no really joking aside I hope you get it sorted one way or another. :)

Sent via noahs ark

Finalfour

Apr 12, 2011
I turn on green power auto wifi managment again, and phone is going to restars again! I am 100 % sure, that problem is with wifi. Software or hardware part, i don't know. Only one way to make the phone restarts - turning on wifi, and leaving it turned on.

Finalfour

Apr 12, 2011
Can say it's not wifi related

Had wifi on 24/7 since I got it and not a single reboot
Had it since launch day
I know, if you only turning on wifi, may be reboot will not apppear. But if you let green power or juice defender manage you wifi automaticly, phone is going to restart. 2-3 times per day.

remolo

Oct 24, 2010
I know, if you only turning on wifi, may be reboot will not apppear. But if you let green power or juice defender manage you wifi automaticly, phone is going to restart. 2-3 times per day.
Maybe Finalfour is right. Yesterday, after two reboots, I switched off Green Power and no more reboots. The big problem is that now the battery is going down very quickly and my Arc is getting very hot.
Now I'm trying Juice Defender and Advanced Task Killer. It's too early for saying something but since one hour the Arc is colder, no reboots yet, but the battery is still quickly discharging.

Finalfour

Apr 12, 2011
The phone will go to reboot is you use juice defender too. It is not depends on program (juice defender or green power), its depends on wifi managment. Is you let for any program manage your wifi to save battery drain - reboot will appear. Why why, i can't understand, why it happends, but it is.

Finalfour

Apr 12, 2011
And why is the phone restarting when tapping on the backside of it? i cant see that has anything to do with WIFI.
Maybe, there are two between not related reasons, why phone is going to restart. As for me, i can tapping on the backside, and no happends, never. But when i let for green power manage wifi, phone is going to restart. And it hapend when phone is idle. Maybe there is another reason, why your moms arc is going to restart...

remolo

Oct 24, 2010
No more reboots since i uninstalled Green Power. It looks like Juice Defender doesn't give that problem. Maybe it's a coincidence or maybe not. I'll check it more.

mosburger

May 8, 2011
an update to my rebooting issue, it now reboots approximately every 2 minutes. yes, 2 minutes. i will post a video when i have the patience to actually sit there and film this frustrating little phone.

the reboot issue has been getting progressively worse, and i'm not sure if it has to do with wifi or not, but i will try the green power and juice defender apps just to see what it does. and while tapping the back doesn't do anything, i will try duct tape. a new battery didn't fix my issue.

as a side note, when i am actively using the phone, it seems to be fine now, but as soon as it is put on a desk or table, the issue starts.

the only thing that i have noticed is that this reboot every two minutes started occuring when i was roaming on another network. other than that, the phone is the same setup and apps.

i have visited a docomo shop, and they confirmed that the handset is "most likely" defective (this was before the every 2 minutes reboot), but due to low stock of the arc in japan, they are unsure when i can receive a new replacement handset. they offered to repair it and provide me with a loaner unit, but due to travel plans i wasn't able to do this yet. with the xperia acro announced officially by docomo on monday, the arc is pretty much outdated in japan, after 1.5 months. 49,000yen, or about $550(?) dollars, and an unusable phone. nice work sony ericsson quality control team.

kaatisu84

Dec 14, 2010
Tokyo
Skimkim84 had the right idea, I use tissue paper, just enough to really hold the battery still...now I've gone over 50hours without a reboot.

Before it rebooted everytime I put in my pocket or put on the table. Now it is fine. I'm a little cautious about returning to docomo as a have rooted and uninstalled at JPN apps...doubt they would notice though!

Sent from my SO-01C using XDA App