[Q] How to add the device to "lunch" menu

Search This thread

lolerpro8

Jan 14, 2013
Hi, i'm trying to compile AOKP 4.3.1 fir htc hd2. I have downloaded the device tree, kernel, and other stuff needed. But now i wan't to compile it, and i don't have full_leo-userdebug in my menu. Any help?

misterjaytee

Oct 5, 2013
Hi, i'm trying to compile AOKP 4.3.1 fir htc hd2. I have downloaded the device tree, kernel, and other stuff needed. But now i wan't to compile it, and i don't have full_leo-userdebug in my menu. Any help?

Try using a local manifest and pick up the device and kernel from another project - check out github for latest repositories for htc_leo. I found device and kernel from Evervolv's repositories. Local manifest would look something like this:
<manifest>
<project name="Evervolv/android_device_htc_leo" path="device/htc/leo" remote="github" revision="jellybean-4.3" />
<project name="Evervolv/android_kernel_htc_leo" path="kernel/htc/leo" remote="github" revision="jellybean-4.3" />
</manifest>

You might also need the vendor repository for leo, in which case add another project line to the manifest for cmhtcleo/android_vendor_htc_leo (path="vendor/htc/leo" revision="jellybean").

lolerpro8

Jan 14, 2013
Try using a local manifest and pick up the device and kernel from another project - check out github for latest repositories for htc_leo. I found device and kernel from Evervolv's repositories. Local manifest would look something like this:
<manifest>
<project name="Evervolv/android_device_htc_leo" path="device/htc/leo" remote="github" revision="jellybean-4.3" />
<project name="Evervolv/android_kernel_htc_leo" path="kernel/htc/leo" remote="github" revision="jellybean-4.3" />
</manifest>

You might also need the vendor repository for leo, in which case add another project line to the manifest for cmhtcleo/android_vendor_htc_leo (path="vendor/htc/leo" revision="jellybean").

I have them all installed dude, i just don't have *it* in my lunch menu

misterjaytee

Oct 5, 2013
Apologies for the post above if it's teaching granny to suck eggs - I only realised after I posted that you were more experienced; and also that you're using AOKP (I wrongly read it as AOSP).

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

I have them all installed dude, i just don't have them in my lunch menu

Okay, I see - in my case, I tend to use brunch to do a build when in this scenario - I don't pick from a menu, e.g.
breakfast leo
brunch leo

(My use case is not leo though!)

Reactions: lolerpro8

lolerpro8

Jan 14, 2013
Apologies for the post above if it's teaching granny to suck eggs - I only realised after I posted that you were more experienced; and also that you're using AOKP (I wrongly read it as AOSP).

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

Okay, I see - in my case, I tend to use brunch to do a build when in this scenario - I don't pick from a menu, e.g.
breakfast leo
brunch leo

It can't find it, seas i don't have right repo manifest. Is it possible to manualy add it by modifying files?

misterjaytee

Oct 5, 2013
AOKP on TF201 built

Thanks for the inspiration - I've now built AOKP on the Android Transformer Prime (TF201) and installed it successfully on the device :D

Just need to add some apps and see if AOKP is any good compared to CM :fingers-crossed:

Praxxer1

Mar 21, 2018
Adding target to the Lunch-menu

breakfast leo
brunch leo

Hello, You mentioned pulling the repository with your local manifest. I managed to do so and I have the correct vendor android.mk, blob, and proprietary information; however, I can't seem to figure out how to add them to the lunch-menu through the vendorsetup.sh script. Could you explain what you mentioned earlier?

(I'm working with Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910T - codename trlte)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As well as adding to the vendorsetup.sh file, you'll need to copy/create the <device>.mk in the vendor/aokp/products folder. You may also need to edit the device.mk file (e.g. change full to aokp).

<manifest>
    </manifest>

I have them all installed dude, i just don't have them in my lunch menu

breakfast leo
    brunch leo

It can't find it, seas i don't have right repo manifest. Is it possible to manualy add it by modifying files?

Sorry, I haven't done an AOKP build, but from what I can tell it's similar to CM:
    . build/envsetup.sh
    brunch leo

I might try AOKP as my next build to see what the difference is in the build experience.

Have you added your device in the vendor/aokp/vendorsetup.sh?