[Q] How to answer incoming calls without having to unlock the device?

Search This thread

npthaiduong

Aug 9, 2012
Hi guys,

I am really enjoying my new S10+ just like many of us on this great forum. However, it has caught my attention that when there is an incoming call (when the device is locked), I have to unlock it with a pattern (my method of unlocking besides the finger print) before I can answer the call.

I don't remember that I have to do that on my Note 9, so I am just wondering if there is a setting that I can change to make it easier to answer calls when the device is locked?

Thank you for your input :eek:

Reactions: jocbaz

rtosfun

Jun 28, 2017
Hi guys,

I am really enjoying my new S10+ just like many of us on this great forum. However, it has caught my attention that when there is an incoming call (when the device is locked), I have to unlock it with a pattern (my method of unlocking besides the finger print) before I can answer the call.

I don't remember that I have to do that on my Note 9, so I am just wondering if there is a setting that I can change to make it easier to answer calls when the device is locked?

You do not need to unlock the phone to answer your call. To Answer a phone call on a Samsung phone, you'll need to touch the Green Call Icon and drag your finger outside of the circle toward up. At least it works this way on my S10+.

Last edited:

npthaiduong

Aug 9, 2012
You do not need to unlock the phone to answer your call. To Answer a phone call on a Samsung phone, you'll need to touch the Green Call Icon and drag your finger outside of the circle. At least it works this way on my S10+.

It is weird that I see this whenever someone calls me :mad:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190318-133852_Phone.jpg
    Screenshot_20190318-133852_Phone.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 968

Devhux

Mar 1, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I can't see any setting that would cause that. Odd situation indeed. What happens if you tap the "return to call" button without entering the PIN?

Also, just to make sure, you don't have a Bixby Routine set to do something when an incoming call comes in, do you?

npthaiduong

Aug 9, 2012
I can't see any setting that would cause that. Odd situation indeed. What happens if you tap the "return to call" button without entering the PIN?

Also, just to make sure, you don't have a Bixby Routine set to do something when an incoming call comes in, do you?

If I tap on the "Return to call", it will let me see the normal calling screen without having to entering the PIN.

I don't use Bixby Routine at all, so it shouldn't be related to Bixby.

jocbaz

May 10, 2011
Earth
Every Phone calls need to unlock the screen before answering the calls

Hi All,

RE: Samsung Galaxy S10 plus.

My wife's phone needs to first unlock the screen before she is able to answer it.

I do have the same phone and I don't have to do that.

Where are the Settings to disable that behavior?
:confused:
Thank you

Last edited:

bjkenkins

Sep 22, 2022
DO NOT DISTURB MODE (DND)

By chance do you have this activated? When I changed the setting in DND to receive "Full Screen Notifications" I was no longer required to unlock phone to answer calls.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,