[Q] How to boot into TWRP recovery on Wave 1 (S8500)

Search This thread

xdabadauser

Feb 8, 2015
Hey!

I tried to follow the instructions on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=53402202&postcount=1

However, at the steps ...

** Wipe -> Advanced wipe -> Check "every thing Without sdcard" -> Repair or change File Sytem -> Change File System -> Ext4 -> Swipe
now->Back -> Back >Back -> Back -> install -> rom.zip -> swipe to install -> reboot system

... I accidentally skipped the "-> Repair or change File Sytem -> Change File System -> Ext4 -> Swipe now->" part. Now, everytime I turn on my phone, Android starts up but only gets to the point where it says "Encryption unsuccessful". And it only provides one button to "Reset phone". When doing that, it restarts, executes a script but situation doesn't change. I always end up with that screen saying "Encryption unsuccessful".

Now I want to start from scratch, but I can't get into recovery mode (TWRP) - I simply don't know how and can't find it using google or forum search.

BenzoX

Nov 11, 2013
Grenoble
Hey!

I tried to follow the instructions on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=53402202&postcount=1

... I accidentally skipped the "-> Repair or change File Sytem -> Change File System -> Ext4 -> Swipe now->" part. Now, everytime I turn on my phone, Android starts up but only gets to the point where it says "Encryption unsuccessful". And it only provides one button to "Reset phone". When doing that, it restarts, executes a script but situation doesn't change. I always end up with that screen saying "Encryption unsuccessful".

Now I want to start from scratch, but I can't get into recovery mode (TWRP) - I simply don't know how and can't find it using google or forum search.

It depend of your FOTA. If you use omnirom or badadroid FOTA :

TWRP Recovery mode is available using VolUp + End keys
(volk quote from one of his thread)
On other FOTAs it may be home+end or call+end, or volume down+end. Try it all.

Reactions: xdabadauser

xdabadauser

Feb 8, 2015
Thank you BenzoX! For me and my Wave (S8500), Home + End Key worked!

I then repeated everything according to the instructions but changed things a little bit: instead of ...

Check "every thing Without sdcard" -> Repair or change File Sytem

... I checked only one at a time and changed its File System to ext4 (for one or two that failed, but the others worked, which is fine). Now I can boot into Android 4.4.4 on my Wave :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey!

It depend of your FOTA. If you use omnirom or badadroid FOTA :

TWRP Recovery mode is available using VolUp + End keys
    (volk quote from one of his thread)
    On other FOTAs it may be home+end or call+end, or volume down+end. Try it all.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone