• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Q] How to change an update server?

Search This thread

alphamk2

Sep 29, 2012
Hi, A100 of me is a Japanese version, and since update to ICS is not announced by A100 of the Japanese version, I would like to change and update an update server.
Usually, by A100 of me, although I thought that AndroidRecoveryMode to update.zip was applied, since that work was not completed, it arrived at this method.
It has changed into the Rooted state.

Thank you for your consideration.

justjackyl

Jul 28, 2012
Install twrp or cwm recovery and flash a stock ICS rom. But id flash something like a CM10 build. Stock isn't that great.

Sent from G2x running BuROM v0.2 (root; mod stock 2.3.4) w/ faux's GB kernel 014b2-ext4.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Install twrp or cwm recovery and flash a stock ICS rom. But id flash something like a CM10 build. Stock isn't that great.

Sent from G2x running BuROM v0.2 (root; mod stock 2.3.4) w/ faux's GB kernel 014b2-ext4.

Do not flash a stock ROM from cwm. Tends to lock you out of the bootloader. Something like flex reaper it a stock ICS with the bootloader removed would be safer.

Tapatalked from my Galaxy S II.

Reactions: Romman0

alphamk2

Sep 29, 2012
Do not flash a stock ROM from cwm. Tends to lock you out of the bootloader. Something like flex reaper it a stock ICS with the bootloader removed would be safer.

I appreciate a quick reply.
Although what was necessary was just to have written first, since the volume button has broken physically, its A100 cannot perform unlocking of Bootloader.
Moreover, even if it is going to start by Recovery using adb and is going to apply update.zip, it cannot do.
Therefore, although he would like to carry out update from the setting menu of A100, since a Japanese update server has only to Android3.2.1 and renewal of ICS is not coming, I would like to update using the update server of others and the area.
I am sorry to be incomprehensible.
Thank you for your consideration.

justjackyl

Jul 28, 2012

Sorry. Thats actually what i meant to say. Stock like flex. Grrrr...end of the week finally.

Romman0

May 7, 2012

Agreed.

OP if you just have root, try using Zeronull's stock rom. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1611696
Rename the file "update.zip" and place it on your SD card. If using adb to boot to the recovery doesn't activate the update process, touch the home button, and the options should appear. The volume rockers highlight, and the power selects. It might be your only shot staying stock. If it doesn't work, do like said above and flash Relix Flex Reaper after unlocking and installing a custom recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.